Scientists Predict When World Will End

Asteroid biscuits and a giant newspaper, duh.

:laugh:

Seriously, is that even possible though? Taming an asteroid. If only we could tame hemorrhoids, we'd be rich!

It should be possible (find one we want and attach rockets to it), but there really isn't a point.

If the human race is still around when the sun goes bye-bye, We should hopefully have the tech to colonise other planets (even with the current level of tech, you just need stuff to keep the habitants family alive for the really, really long trip to other star systems) so prolonging the inevitable shouldn't be necessary.

I could see interstellar travel being more beneficial than attaching rockets to a meteor and having enough fuel to propel it for thousands of years. Even though it seems to only take a small nudge to really shift the balance in space. Still though, would that nudge cause a chain effect with other stuff around it that we would not be able to predict?

We should be able to predict it with quite good accuracy, although there could still be unknowns (say we put it in a highly elliptical orbit, at the outer end of the orbit it could interact with a body we don't know about, slightly changing it's orbit)

Engine wise, I'd go with an Ion thruster or similar forms of propulsion, they can fire for a lot longer with smaller amounts of fuel (One satellite the ESA launched failed to reach it's orbit, so they fired it's chemical rockets for a while, then fired the Ion thruster continuously for 18 months to get it into the proper orbit)

According to Blade Runner(my Bible) we should start colonizing planets before 2019. Also flying cars and robots should be on the way.

lol :rofl:

ot, but I just got the 4 disc set on blu-ray.... soooo gooood