[Official] Grand Theft Auto IV

While i think the game is going to be good, i don't think it is going to be brilliant. It's going to fun to play but nothing amazing whatever anyone says.

I am looking forward to it somewhat though.

That's just under hyping it. It's going to be amazing.

I've played GTA since the first GTA and consider myself a fan and i think multiplayer will be the difference between it being a good game to being an amazing game. I think since the first GTA, people have wanted a multiplayer aspect to the game. What is more fun than you and a bunch of mates going round a massive city doing what you want?

I also played since GTA1, and I am not really too hyped for multiplayer in 4. Perhaps I just can't picture it right as GTA was never a multiplayer game.

The multiplayer will make or break the game. They've never tried it before, so it shall be interesting.

The 2D GTAs had multiplayer and so did the PSP versions of Liberty City and Vice City :p

Yep, I went to best buy today, put down $10 for my copy for the Xbox, I'll get the xbox sometime before the spring break. I don't like spending money that I don't have.

I still can't choice between the speical edition or the regular edition one. What you guys say? the special is $89.99 and regular is 59.99

NEW GTA4 Trailer!

Check it out :p

http://planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/fu...y.php?id=149683

pretty funny stuff :rofl:

bahaha! :laugh:

Yep, I went to best buy today, put down $10 for my copy for the Xbox, I'll get the xbox sometime before the spring break. I don't like spending money that I don't have.

I still can't choice between the speical edition or the regular edition one. What you guys say? the special is $89.99 and regular is 59.99

Depends if you think the extra content is a) worth $30 and or b) any use to you/something you want.

I am going for the regular myself.

27 more days, I can't wait.

Does anyone have any descriptions or features on what's been added or modified to it? Is there any way to become a police officer? I've been waiting for this, but I doubt It will come. Would be nice to be a cop, instead of being the bad guy always.

Second, the multiplayer choices we found out about - Does anyone have any descriptions on what you do in each one? Do all of them support 16 players?

I hope Kent Paul somehow makes an appearance in this game, best character in the series.

Blasphemy.

It was clearly Maccer.

Tho I'm sure you'd be more likely to see a GTA3 character, tho, since it's Liberty.

Do we have 100% confirmation on Lazlow?

27 more days, I can't wait.

Does anyone have any descriptions or features on what's been added or modified to it? Is there any way to become a police officer? I've been waiting for this, but I doubt It will come. Would be nice to be a cop, instead of being the bad guy always.

Second, the multiplayer choices we found out about - Does anyone have any descriptions on what you do in each one? Do all of them support 16 players?

Have a look at this page

http://www.gta4.net/multiplayer/

No seriously I need some inside game play. Why can't we have someone who works at a gaming magazine or any of those video game review sites, posting some clips!

18-rated 'GTA IV' includes masturbation

Following the BBFC's decision to award Grand Theft Auto IV an 18 rating, the body has revealed the uncut title will contain a 'multitude' of sexual references.

The game, which is certain to spark debate following the Byron Review, will allow players to pick up prostitutes, as well as portraying masturbation, fellatio and intercourse.

A statement on the British Board of Film Classification's website read: "Sex references also occur during cut scenes, including references to strong sexual behaviour. During gameplay the character can pick up prostitutes.

"What follows is an undetailed portrayal of masturbation, fellatio and intercourse. The character can also visit lap dancing clubs and request a private dance. While the game contains sexualised dancing and the portrayal of sex, there is no sexualised nudity."

The BBFC's ratings page for Grand Theft Auto IV, however, has now been taken down at Rockstar's request after it was revealed it contained spoilers for the forthcoming title.

Grand Theft Auto IV will be released for Xbox 360 and PS3 on April 29.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a92928/...sturbation.html

GTA IV: Secrets 'N More

1 GAME FOR A LAUGH

There are plenty of mini-games tucked away in GTA IV. Old favourites pool, basketball and Go Go Space Monkey return, joining new games such as darts. You can even visit the driving range to practice your golf swing. For fights, of course.

2 IN FOR THE LONG HAUL

San Andreas' RS Haul is back, and some missions will be centred around it. Details haven't been revealed by Rockstar, but given Niko's history of people smuggling... well, let's just say, you can fit a lot of immigrants in the back of a lorry...

3 THE GOOD SECHS SHOW

The Gruppe Sechs securicars are back too, but this time there's a bigger emphasis on jacking them, nicking the money and destroying the evidence. Don't expect an easy ride; stealing one is a tough task, but losing the cops in the aftermath is even trickier.

4 CRACKING JOKES

The poster behind Manny is more than just a hint at a drugs-related side mission - it's a blatant nod towards fellow sandboxer Crackdown. We've also seen Crackdown's name on a news ticker, and there are plenty more references tucked away in the final game.

5 SMILE FOR THE CAMERA

We knew that the camera would return, and now it's been placed on the mobile phone. But the official website hints at something quite brilliant, and even more exciting: the ability to upload and share your pics with other GTA IV players.

6 ALL GONE TO SHITZU

Most vehicle brands will return, but we know for sure that the Stallion and the Comet are definitely in. And San Andreas' fastest bike, the Shitzu NRG500, has been bettered - the NHG900RR is now the motorcycle of choice.

7 SPRAY WHAT YOU SEE

Keep your eyes peeled for graffiti loaded with knowing winks. The red motorcycle on the left is a direct copy of the bike on the Vice City box art, while GTA 3 characters El Burro and 8-Ball are visible on the right.

8 MAP OF HONOUR

Again with the self-references. While San Andreas contained maps of Vice City, IV has actual photos. One of the first promotional shots of Vice City can clearly be seen pinned to the wall of the bar.

9 SUPER STORES

San Andreas brand names like Binco, Burger Shot, 24-7 and Clucking Bell are all back in GTA IV, along with plenty more brands from previous games. Alderney will also be the home of strip malls, providing a one-stop-shop for clothing, food and more.

10 TICKER TAPED

Rob a bank? Murder a crime boss? People are going to know about it. The news tickers in Star Junction (Liberty City's Times Square) and around the city are always being updated - along, sadly for you, with descriptions of the perpetrator.

11 COFFEE REPUBLIC

The Hot Coffee mod fiasco landed Rockstar in some hot water, but it's good to see they've seen the funny side of it. Bean Machine Coffee signs litter Liberty City. The 'familiar' positioning of the coffee beans in the logo is no accident either...

12 MAN IN THE MIRROR

Those of you who aren't overwhelmed by the graphics (seriously - what's wrong with you?) should take a close look at this. First car: driver facing forward. Second car: driver checking the mirror. Third car: driver looking out the side window. GTA IV's about the little details - and they're staggering.

13 JUST GOTTA RIDE IT

Flushing Meadows (site of the NY World's Fair) is featured in its entirety, as is a recreation of theme park Astroland at Coney Island. Rides such as the Corpse Ride and Cyclone can be tested, and the major tourist spots will play a part in some missions.

14 CANNED LAUGHTER

Mmmm. Sprunk: A Taste of (Things to) Come. The drink from Manhunt, Vice City and San Andreas is back, and for a mere $1 you can grab a can and top up your health. Even the Statue of Happiness loves a helping of Sprunk - just look in her hand.

15 PHONE SEXY

In a nod to Saints Row, any phone number you find, be it on a sign, flyer or even scrawled on a bathroom wall, can be contacted for aid and, sometimes, secrets.

16 BAN THIS FILTH!

Visit the Videogeddon Arcade to try out a number of tongue-in-cheek games, and keep an eye out for people and posters attacking violent games.

17 BAT MAN BEGINS

We all know the cops are crooked, but did you realise that they display the fact on their uniform? Take a close look at the badge this copper's wearing with pride - two cops with bats dragging off a beaten man.

18 WHAM BAM TRAM

See the sky tram on the box? It's actually a form of transport that you can ride - if you pay the fare.

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=186222

I didn't pay attention to any of the GTA IV threads because I prefer not to spoil my experience

that's just me though :)

yet here you are...

Only a few hours away from the new Multiplayer Previews.

Screenshots that weren't supposed to be released before today got 'leaked' so to speak last night, but got pulled.

Anyone who wishes to see them can check here; http://www.gtagaming.com/gtagaming/news/comments.php?i=1259

One thing that has me worried, we've seen it in pretty much every screenshot from day one is the 'pixelated' shadows and long-distance graphics. Looks like It's made up of some very distinct pixels or some voxel graphics - Perhaps It's the stream engine.