[Official] Grand Theft Auto IV

so horny for this game :p lol

Tell me about it.

I hope to god this doesn't leak a week early or something - Or I'll be forced to do "dark side" things :p

85543545.jpg

15_04_08.jpg

Sometimes I think it looks pretty meh, other times really good :/

Dunno if it's just the weird filters used, or some sites touching up photos?

Screenshots of games rarely do them much justice, you really have to see it in motion. Plus all the previews seem very positive about the graphics.

Tell me about it.

I hope to god this doesn't leak a week early or something - Or I'll be forced to do "dark side" things :p

Oh, have you also considered the 'dark side' :laugh: i swear to god, I'm in a constant battle with myself these days if i should do it.

But i do agree with the 'meh' part, the game really looks sub-standard with these stills, but then i say to my self "You need to see the game in motion", I'm sure the game will look awesome (Y)

GTA has never been a game about the graphics though!

Its always about the story line and i really, really think its going to be an amazing experience!

Until I saw those screenshots, I wasn't planning on waiting for a PC version, but on second thoughts, I think this is something to get excited about :D

Jesh i cannot wait for this game. I'm anticipating and i haven't even preorderd. But one thing I've been wondering is,

Where is the In Game footage? Has anybody actually seen footage of anybody playing?

Jesh i cannot wait for this game. I'm anticipating and i haven't even preorderd. But one thing I've been wondering is,

Where is the In Game footage? Has anybody actually seen footage of anybody playing?

Well, the trailers are in game :D . But there's, as of yet, no actual footage of someone playing. Probably won't be until closer to release with online video reviews and such.

I've pre-ordered GTA IV for the PS3 (I have a 360 too) because my brother is getting it for his 360 and I thought that there is no point in us having the same game for the same system but I'm tempted to go back on that :/

I can't stand the DS3 triggers and I'd be using them a lot (driving, shooting etc) and the 10 hours worth of DLC is nagging at me too.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Not really but if i had a PS3 and 360 i'd still go for the 360 version because of them reasons. The triggers on the 360 controller are a lot better when it comes to racing games, also i think when it comes to pressing them half in, it will be a lot easier with the 360 triggers. oh and of course the DLC that the PS3 version may never see.

I've pre-ordered GTA IV for the PS3 (I have a 360 too) because my brother is getting it for his 360 and I thought that there is no point in us having the same game for the same system but I'm tempted to go back on that :/

I can't stand the DS3 triggers and I'd be using them a lot (driving, shooting etc) and the 10 hours worth of DLC is nagging at me too.

I didnt really care about the DLC or the crappy DS3 triggers - I got it for the PS3 since thats that platform Ive always played the GTA franchise on..

But now my friends say theyre getting it for their X360 so I changed my preorder to the x360 version

It has multiplayer you know :)

The controller issue is a major factor for me, personally.

Being comfortable whilst playing is very important. I know the Playstation 3 Controller would absolutely kill my fingers after just a few hours. But do you and your brother live together at the moment or share Xbox?

If you are sharing a 360, there's no point in getting the game twice - But do you have one each I'd definitely get another 360 Copy, then you could also play some Free-roam together ;)

We both have seperate 360's, I'm gonna play some GT5P tonight with the trigger buttons to see if I can get used to them. If not I guess I'll get the 360 version.

The main reason behind my decision to play on 360 was multiplayer. All of my friends own a 360 (except one), so it was just the logical choice.

First review of the game from OXM UK. Some new screens in the review too.

Scans:

http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101930

Guess what it got 10/10. I can't wait.

10/10 please :rolleyes: The game looks good and all but there is something wrong with the Official Xbox Magazine giving GTA4 10/10. In that respect the game is without any faults at all but you know that is not going to happen. They are saying everything about the game is amazing. Are they allowed to give any less than 10 i am thinking or would it be an insult to Rockstar?

I am looking forward to the game and i can hardly wait though.

10/10 please :rolleyes: The game looks good and all but there is something wrong with the Official Xbox Magazine giving GTA4 10/10. In that respect the game is without any faults at all but you know that is not going to happen. They are saying everything about the game is amazing. Are they allowed to give any less than 10 i am thinking or would it be an insult to Rockstar?

It's not the first time OXM have given the 'perfect' rating. I'm fairly sure both Halo 3 and BioShock were given 10/10.

It's not the first time OXM have given the 'perfect' rating. I'm fairly sure both Halo 3 and BioShock were given 10/10.

I know that ynnoj, i am not bashing the game in anyway, i am so excited about it i just can't wait.

But just watch all the reviews fly in giving 10/10 on the game. They are going to be following more than actually reviewing the game, it like they won't be able to give it a bad name.

Halo 3 was hardly worth 10/10 anyway. Bioshock was great but not a 10 either. GTA4 will be a great game no question but 10/10 is a pefect game and this game will hardly be it.

Halo 3 was hardly worth 10/10 anyway. Bioshock was great but not a 10 either. GTA4 will be a great game no question but 10/10 is a pefect game and this game will hardly be it.

I agree, the 10/10 score has been thrown around a lot in the past year, it no longer seems like an achievement. I doubt we'll ever see the 'perfect' game, but each to their own.

I'm going to get it for the 360. The main reason is the controller for the PS3 just doesn't feel as good as the 360. It might be minor things like the triggers, but I can imagine that being really annoying when playing for hours on end :p More of my friends also have 360s, so I couldn't play multiplayer with them if I got it for PS3.

I didnt really care about the DLC or the crappy DS3 triggers - I got it for the PS3 since thats that platform Ive always played the GTA franchise on..

But now my friends say theyre getting it for their X360 so I changed my preorder to the x360 version

It has multiplayer you know :)

But im your friend :(

:laugh:

Thankfully I have a decent split in my friends between consoles, decent figure with 360 and decent figure with PS3. Not to mention I'll be on XBL Silver when GTA4 comes out anyway :pinch:

I know that ynnoj, i am not bashing the game in anyway, i am so excited about it i just can't wait.

But just watch all the reviews fly in giving 10/10 on the game. They are going to be following more than actually reviewing the game, it like they won't be able to give it a bad name.

Of course it's not going to be faultless, no game is. But 10/10 doesn't necessarily mean it's completely perfect in every way. 10/10, for OXM, could mean it's just a damn good game, and lets face it GTA4 will be a damn good game. Hell they mention a number of faults in the review but still give it 10. So it's obviously not about perfection.

I think it's just your definition of a 10/10 game is different that's all.

Yeah it's marketing > review. You'll see that with most of the first reviews for any game ("world exclusive" reviews). 1UP Yours podcast a week or two ago, had a good conversation about early reviews developers give out and the likes - Some developers after seeing previews of their games contact media outlets to say "don't let person x review our game" and the likes, to minimize "bad scores".

And we've all heard about the Gamespot fiasco with Kane and Lynch.

I mean,

GTA IV has frame-rate and pop-up issues, says 1UP

According to a 1UP preview, GTA IV suffers from the same glitching and frame rate issues as its predecessors.

“You’ll likely notice the same graphical ‘quirks’ that the series has dealt with since the jump to 3D. The same filmlike, grainy framerate exists and usually holds steady, but it can momentarily dip when things get frantic,” the article says.

“There’s some long-distance graphical fade-in as well as some street-level hazards that appear only after you hit them. Traffic will be nonexistent one second, then three cars deep when you rotate the camera back around, and then completely disappear when your wanted level gets to two or three stars (which is oh-so-fun when you desperately need a getaway vehicle).”

However, this time round, Rockstar has made attempts to veil them.

“But even these problems have been ‘upgraded’ in a sense for GTA4: An artistic application of filters hides some of the uglier character models, there’s more types of cars to choose from, and overall, the feel of the city trumps any of the shortcomings we’re familiar with by now. But you’ll be able to see that in the screenshots and eventual videos.”

Source: http://n4g.com/News-135521.aspx

That alone should give it less than 10. I'd go with 9 though, as any reviewer that goes lower than 9 will probably be fired... :/ :p And to be fair, the game probably is going to be that amazing, it's worthy of a 9.

Official Playstation Mag. also gave it 10/10.

And I'm sorry, dragging a game's character down due to some graphical quirks is just sad.

:blink:

No one's "dragging it down", merely talking about framerate, graphics, ect - Crucial parts of a game/review.

I'd hardly call it quirks either, GTA has always been notorious for pop-up, if this is anything like the past titles.

That DOES effect reviews you know, do you want to look back to 2007 with the PS3? :p