WARNING! Safari Can Erase Your Hard Drive

If you are using Apple's new web browser Safari, be warned it can erase your hard drive if you press the wrong key.

Safari has been exterminated from my hard drive for the sole reason that it can erase your entire home directory by holding down the option key while clicking a link to download. After reading this thread over at the MacNN forums, I immediatly got rid of Safari. My home directory is over 25GB, and well - I can't easily back it up.

Someone did suggest that by turning Removed Cleared Downloads to manual in the preferences, that it should prevent this from happening, but why take the chance. I personally can not take this kind of risk, and will not be using Safari until the next beta, and also will not be posting my review of it on Friday.

So be warned USE SAFARI AT YOUR OWN RISK. This is one peice of beta software that has the most dangerious bug of all.

MacWrite.com

Oh dear :s

May I interest you in using https://www.neowin.net/submitnews.php ;)

why? you said yourself we can use BPN!

Why don't ya post it for him or find spyder, voodoo or one of the many manificent newsposters we have here! :yes: :)

Nothing wrong with using a new feature...

or using an Old Method, Like E-MAIL or Posting in BPN.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :)

Using the new thing, takes a lot of skill and time, you guys are professionals.

small grou pof people afefcted or not.........that is one major bug to let slip out like that.

It's not the first time the Mac platform has had a bug in a piece of software wipe out HD. It should not be able to do that unless intentionally programmed to wipe the disk indiscriminantly.