Wi-Fi Sniffer

I was browsing the tech news websites and found this cool device. Hope to make it into Neowin frontpage news.

http://www.msfn.org/comments.php?id=467&catid=3

Here's an excerpt:

"Wi-Fi Sniffer, WFS-1, detects Wi-Fi availability by the press of a button. No longer do you have to boot up your laptop or walk around with your laptop turned on, hence reducing the risk of hard drive crashes. Pressing the button on the Wi-Fi Sniffer will tell you whether access is available."

Hmmm... I'd like it better if it showed me a SSID, a Better Signal Strength signal... an output option and.... and.... and.... built in GPS. Yeah - that's better. Then you will be true ninja... :ninja:

Hmmm... I'd like it better if it showed me a SSID, a Better Signal Strength signal... an output option and.... and.... and.... built in GPS. Yeah - that's better. Then you will be true ninja... :ninja:

I do like your ideas.

I also think it would be great if this was built into the case of all laptops, that way you dont need to carry around extra hardware as is it.

When ever I leave the house, I may have and 3 of the following:

• Laptop
  • Phone
  • MP3 Player
  • PDA
  • DigiCam

iDetect Technology

623, Aljunied Road

#06-06, Aljunied Industrial Complex

Singapore 389835

Tel: +65 6741 5109

Fax: +65 6383 3128

Interested?

That Telephone Call is a bit too far for me.... :yes:

This sort of concerns me, what is someone gets bored and goes out using this thing to plot out wifi areas and then returns later with intentions of harming the system? i know it's possible with just a laptop too but this makes it just a bit easier.