NASA Space Shuttle lost.

Wow. The space shuttle is lost. They lost contact with it a little while ago, and it most likely crashed somewhere. Turn on the news or check MSNBC for updates. I hope it turns out ok. This is the shuttle with the Israeli on it, but I doubt thats related.

:cry:

Yea, I got the e-mail and i'm watchin it on fox news now. Intresting how they can just lose all communication with it. There are 7 astronauts on it too and going 12,500 mph too :(

Edited by JasonC1986

It's not lost, Clearly the video shows it broke up. It does not suprise me one bit. I knew it was bound to happen so why don't they just report that everybodys dead and thats that. :whistle:

Yea, they now have video of the entire thing exploding. Its chilling to watch, but supposedly they could survive, but the speed and the height of the drop is just too much.

On a side note, did anyone else here that guy on MSNBC say "So and so shot the shuttle down because he thought Howard Stern was on board."? That was weird.

:unsure:

The shuttle was 22 years old, something to keep in mind. Most cars these days don't last that long.

But most cars don't get a complete overhall everytime you drive it.

The ship has been redesigned and rebuilt each time that it is used. All of the tiles on the outside are replaced, computer systems are updated, everything is redone. It's not the same ship going up each time, its the same named ship with all new parts.

I'm from Israel and its bad start for our astronauts :(

So sad that guys not maked to the ground :cry:

Hope theta will find the body's, if they survived at this speed and temperature :(

I am unusually affected by this tragedy, To be an astronaut is THE most fascinating and one of THE hardest things to accomplish. THe world will miss these extraordinary people very much :cry:

Why did they not look at the orbiter with the telescopes to see for tile damage before oking the landing, and why did they assume because of previous launches with similar instance of debris coming off the external fuel tank that it was safe to land the orbiter. as stated ib the briefing they decided not to take pictures cause there technical staff deemed it unecessary, i mean arent you not suppose to take anything for granted! and by no means assume! i believe mission control put the 7 astronauts at risk, a true shame. I mean they did not even bother to look thre telescopes as stated just now by NASA

Why did they not investigate further and possibly get a second shuttle up there with repair supplies. Why did they just assume with no physical Hard evidence that the orbiter's Tiles were in tact. i believe it was incompetence on the part of misson control.

My Condolences to the 7 astronauts lost today