MS Security Gets an 'F'

LINK: Tech Experts: Microsoft Security Gets an 'F'

SAN FRANCISCO, California (Reuters) -- Computer security experts say the recent "SQL Slammer" worm, the worst in more than a year, is evidence that Microsoft's year-old security push is not working.

"Trustworthy Computing is failing," Russ Cooper of TruSecure Corp. said of the Microsoft initiative. "I gave it a 'D-minus' at the beginning of the year, and now I'd give it an 'F."'

The worm, which exploited a known vulnerability in Microsoft's SQL Server database software, spread through network connections beginning January 25, crashing servers and clogging the Internet.

MS can push as much security as they want, it just needs lazy admins not applying patches, and voila, MS gets discredited.

And the best thing is, this article is posted in wide public on CNN. Geez. I hope it makes the round to other sites, incl. belgian ones, so that I have to listen to people that can't handle a mouse correctly acting like security experts again.

And the best thing is, this article is posted in wide public on CNN. Geez. I hope it makes the round to other sites, incl. belgian ones, so that I have to listen to people that can't handle a mouse correctly acting like security experts again.

rofl yea its annoying isnt it :)

If admins don't install the patches, there is nothing Microsoft can do about it. And why blame MS? Why not place the blame where it belongs, on the creators of the worm.

Yah, well you can surely blame the creators. Won't help you much though, because tracking them down is the issue, and preventing them doing similar stuff again.