Ancient serpent shows its leg

Read what I said, dummy.

I could prove it if I wanted, but whats the point.

Ill get flamed for the hell of it and Like I said, Im not going to argue, why should I swoop down to your level??

That's the thing, you think you can prove it, but you actually can't. If you could, you would have done long ago.

But you can't.

Where ?

Every-*******-where.

Read what I said, dummy.

Ill get flamed for the hell of it and Like I said, Im not going to argue, why should I swoop down to your level??

I have super powers, but I choose never to use them. Don't believe me?? O well...

I know how it works....and I know how inaccurate it is.

Why do you think scientists dont use most of there dating methods anymore.

hey jason, i know a little about dating methods but i've not read any literature on how inaccurate they might be. i'm completely ignorant of the arguments. could you share them with me?

hey jason, i know a little about dating methods but i've not read any literature on how inaccurate they might be. i'm completely ignorant of the arguments. could you share them with me?

Unless Jason pulls something else from thin air, dating methods' inaccuracies are known: one measures the quantity of a natural radioactive isotope and its decay products. The precision of the measure depends on the care the procedure has been done.

Now, anyone who has been to a Physics 101 course knows that measures are always tainted with precision issues: whenever you measure a length, a time, a temperature, there is a margin of error with each measure which is carried over each calculations.

But, I will not dwell on that, after all, why should I raise up to Jason's level ...

Jason, you claim so much, yet you back so little...

i havnt seen you try to back up anything you've posted before, in any thread...

How many months has it been since he claimed he'd debunk evolution? :rolleyes:

Unless Jason pulls something else from thin air, dating methods' inaccuracies are known: one measures the quantity of a natural radioactive isotope and its decay products. The precision of the measure depends on the care the procedure has been done.

Now, anyone who has been to a Physics 101 course knows that measures are always tainted with precision issues: whenever you measure a length, a time, a temperature, there is a margin of error with each measure which is carried over each calculations.

But, I will not dwell on that, after all, why should I raise up to Jason's level ...

Jason is wanting people to think there are inaccuracies on the order of several magnitudes, as would be required to suppport his YEC dreams, rather than small imprecisions.

Its so annoying when people try to end an arguement by saying, "Your not worthy of the explaination", it just means they don't know what their talking about.

Happened at school today with some who said telekinesis really did exist, he couldn't give anyone any proof but he said it did because he had experienced it first hand, although he wouldn't even say how he'd experienced it. Then he said that everyone needed to be more open minded :huh:

C14 dating, or dating based on some other isotope, may have imperfect accuracy but at least it's not as laughably flat-out wrong as the idea that the world has only existed for 6000-10000 years.

If C14 dating is a rickety old mansion, creationism is a freakin' house of cards in the path of an oncoming hurricane. I just wish the hurricane would make landfall already.

Its not worth the arguement, so i'll leave it... I have better things to do than argue with a bunch of big headed know it alls.
Read what I said, dummy.

Lol, this is just brilliant...

I had a discussion with a guy at work on evolution, and he gave me a long winded story, but eventually got caught in his own story, yet REFUSED to admit he was wrong.

I guess he was right, and didnt need to prove it either...

Jason is wanting people to think there are inaccuracies on the order of several magnitudes, as would be required to suppport his YEC dreams, rather than small imprecisions.

I was playing the Devil's advocate.

Well, I was hoping that we could get something new to laugh at read about.

Why do you think I backout when people start flaming me, start throwing insults to me and generally causing trouble.

Because amidst all things, you still can't explain what you proclaim.

Ever since I first said anything related to religion on here, everyone has jumped on me.

Why should I put up with that?

Because you've brought it upon yourself.

Making claims such as yours, and then saying you don't even wanna try backing them up makes you look like <insert random insult>.

Maybe I didnt want to put alot of effort in because of the bleeps on here thinking they can throw insults at anyone when they feel like it.

People are too quick to judge on here, without knowing facts.

Ever since I first said anything related to religion on here, everyone has jumped on me.

Why should I put up with that?

The burden of proof is on you.

Maybe I didnt want to put alot of effort in because of the bleeps on here thinking they can throw insults at anyone when they feel like it.

People are too quick to judge on here, without knowing facts.

You judge too rashly while ignoring facts. I refuted your radiocarbon dating argument before. I've explained that longer timespan dating methods are corroborated by those of shorter timespans which are, in turn, corroborated by simple dating methods like tree-ring dating where you take the core of a tree and count the summer and winter bands within that core and align them with other core samples. Even tree-ring dating reveals a world thousands of years older than you'd like people to believe and no amount of contortionistic thinking can dispute what those cores reveal. I've also refuted all your anti-evolution arguments. Last time I did so, you said you didn't know much about evolution but insisted you would research and debunk it, which shows the prejudice of your reasoning. You don't care about facts, you've already judged.

Because you've brought it upon yourself.

Making claims such as yours, and then saying you don't even wanna try backing them up makes you look like <insert random insult>.

I look at people who believe in religion and I laugh. Feel free to flame me

I look at people who believe in religion and I laugh. Feel free to flame me

i dont feel its worth the extra warning level.

for everyone else, im looking at some carbon dating stuff, ill post it in the sticky'd religion thread.

ill try finding another interesting article ive read.

Jason, this is a classic case of "put up or shut up." You can make your claims and defend them with evidence, or you can simply keep your claims to yourself. What you cannot do is make your claims, refuse to support them, then whine and cry when everyone laughs at them, because everyone would be justified in doing so due to your lack of support (and the relative absurdity of the claims themselves, which makes it even more important to support them if you want them taken seriously).

If you do not support your claims with hard evidence, you do not have any reason to expect us to believe you. Period.