[Ext] Glasser 1.0 (Alpha)

Thanks for the update :-)

But I notice lately that the "e" in File and the "p" everywhere is cut off (the search box, address bar and bookmark toolbar) Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks for the update :-)

But I notice lately that the "e" in File and the "p" everywhere is cut off (the search box, address bar and bookmark toolbar) Is there a way to fix this?

At the moment I'm not sure since this is an issue with XUL elements having an opacity or rounded borders. I've seen this without using Glasser.

Mozilla Bug 363861, you can signup and vote on the bug here as well.

new issue... see below:

post-87206-1209137708.jpg

this happens with the latest nightly on an encrypted and digitally signed website.

This is happening to me too!

It looks like they made the favicon box a different size, because it seems more rounded.

Thank you very much 6XGate, for creating this extension! It is amazing and is definitely what Firefox 3's UI should have been! It is very impressive as well.

You actually made me switch from using Firefox 2 to Firefox 3 Beta 5 with this extension :)

Just one question though, when you update the extension, is it updated through Firefox or do we have to re-download it each time?

* Restored the NX compatibility bit... now using an NX compatible thunk.

* Now added the 64-bit thunk to the code... just need someone who can compile and test this.

Thank you very much 6XGate, for creating this extension! It is amazing and is definitely what Firefox 3's UI should have been! It is very impressive as well.

You actually made me switch from using Firefox 2 to Firefox 3 Beta 5 with this extension :)

Just one question though, when you update the extension, is it updated through Firefox or do we have to re-download it each time?

Currently you have to re-download it, AMO won't except it yet because of the max version number in it.

Finally!!! I love this!! I've been wanting something like this ever since vista came out! I dont feel the need for the blue toolbar that much, so I say with the default. But the glass is awesome!! Now if they removed the UGLY blue tinted icons (I dont mind the back and forward buttons, but why the rest?) it would look even better :D

* Restored the NX compatibility bit... now using an NX compatible thunk.

* Now added the 64-bit thunk to the code... just need someone who can compile and test this.

Currently you have to re-download it, AMO won't except it yet because of the max version number in it.

I can compile it on windows 64 if you want, when I come back from lectures I'll try. Do i have to change any option in visual c++ so that a 64 binary is compiled? I have vs2008, although I have to download it again from the academic alliance thing.

according to this:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9yb4317s.aspx

I should see the x64 platform in that drop down menu, but it is not there! only win32 and four other platforms are there. On visual c# there are both x86 and x64. On c++ no way!

Edit: Okay, my bad. One would have thought that after installing a crapload of x64 tools, the installer would have also installed the x64 compilers. Turns out it didnt. Now I can see the x64.

I get the following errors when compiling:

1>------ Build started: Project: gecko-sdk, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
1>Parsing nsIXULWindow.idl...
1>Parsing nsIWebNavigation.idl...
1>Parsing nsIDocShellTreeOwner.idl...
1>Parsing nsIDocShellTreeNode.idl...
1>Parsing nsIDocShellTreeItem.idl...
1>Parsing nsIDocShell.idl...
1>Parsing nsIBaseWindow.idl...
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Julius\Documents\dwmxpcom\gecko-sdk\x64\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>gecko-sdk - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
2>------ Build started: Project: dwmxpcom, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
2>Parsing IDwmCalls.idl...
2>Compiling...
2>stdafx.cpp
2>Compiling...
2>CDwmCalls.cpp
[b]2>c:\users\julius\documents\dwmxpcom\gecko-sdk\include\prcpucfg.h(149) : fatal error C1189: #error :  unknown processor architecture
2>CDwmCallsModule.cpp
2>c:\users\julius\documents\dwmxpcom\gecko-sdk\include\prcpucfg.h(149) : fatal error C1189: #error :  unknown processor architecture[/b]
2>dwmxpcom.cpp
2>Generating Code...
2>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Julius\Documents\dwmxpcom\dwmxpcom\x64\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
2>dwmxpcom - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I'm looking for a version of prcpucfg.h that will work on x64, I'll keep ya posted xD

Edited by Julius Caro

So I got a modified prcpucfg.h from here: http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:syQaK...lient=firefox-a

The error output now is:

1>------ Build started: Project: dwmxpcom, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
1>Compiling...
1>CDwmCalls.cpp
1>.\CDwmCalls.cpp(143) : error C2065: 'GWL_WNDPROC' : undeclared identifier
1>.\CDwmCalls.cpp(144) : error C2065: 'GWL_WNDPROC' : undeclared identifier

Now according to this...

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:8pBLT...lient=firefox-a

& this

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/m...898(VS.85).aspx

another function should be used? in the last link it mentions GWLP_WNDPROC instead of GWL_WNDPROC.

Changing the lines in which GWL_WNDPROC are referenced to this:

// Now sub-class the window so we can get theme change messages
	_oldProc = (WNDPROC)::GetWindowLongPtr(_hWnd, GWLP_WNDPROC);
	::SetWindowLongPtr(_hWnd, GWLP_WNDPROC, (LONG_PTR)_CreateEventProc());

return NS_OK;

But the linker will fail miserably:

1>Compiling...
1>CDwmCalls.cpp
1>Linking...
1>   Creating library C:\Users\Julius\Documents\dwmxpcom\x64\Debug\dwmxpcom.lib and object C:\Users\Julius\Documents\dwmxpcom\x64\Debug\dwmxpcom.exp
1>CDwmCalls.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __cdecl nsCOMPtr_base::~nsCOMPtr_base(void)" (??1nsCOMPtr_base@@QEAA@XZ) referenced in function "public: __cdecl nsCOMPtr<class nsIDOMWindow>::~nsCOMPtr<class nsIDOMWindow>(void)" (??1?$nsCOMPtr@VnsIDOMWindow@@@@QEAA@XZ)
1>CDwmCalls.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl nsCOMPtr_base::assign_from_qi_with_error(class nsQueryInterfaceWithError const &,struct nsID const &)" (?assign_from_qi_with_error@nsCOMPtr_base@@QEAAXAEBVnsQueryInterfaceWithError@@AEBUnsID@@@Z) referenced in function "public: __cdecl nsCOMPtr<class nsIInterfaceRequestor>::nsCOMPtr<class nsIInterfaceRequestor>(class nsQueryInterfaceWithError const &)" (??0?$nsCOMPtr@VnsIInterfaceRequestor@@@@QEAA@AEBVnsQueryInterfaceWithError@@@Z)
1>CDwmCallsModule.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "unsigned int __cdecl NS_NewGenericModule2(struct nsModuleInfo const *,class nsIModule * *)" (?NS_NewGenericModule2@@YAIPEBUnsModuleInfo@@PEAPEAVnsIModule@@@Z) referenced in function NSGetModule
1>C:\Users\Julius\Documents\dwmxpcom\x64\Debug\dwmxpcom.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Julius\Documents\dwmxpcom\dwmxpcom\x64\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>dwmxpcom - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Edited by Julius Caro

Just installed this, great (Y)

Is some text being cut off slightly early a bug with running this, or a bug with FF3 Beta 5? (text in FF itself, such as on bookmarks toolbar/search toolbar). Text on forums/webpages is fine.

I haven't noticed it till I installed Glasser :/

edit: It seems Glasser causes the text cut-off. When it's disabled, text is fine.

Minor issue though!

I'm not sure why the old constant isn't working, but it may not hurt to change it to the GWLP_WNDPROC. Still, may need to look over the links that people provided for x64 firefox builds and see if they have the required .lib files for that processor architecture.

So I got a modified prcpucfg.h from here: http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:syQaK...lient=firefox-a

The error output now is:

1>Compiling...
1>CDwmCalls.cpp
1>.\CDwmCalls.cpp(143) : error C2065: 'GWL_WNDPROC' : undeclared identifier
1>.\CDwmCalls.cpp(144) : error C2065: 'GWL_WNDPROC' : undeclared identifier

Now according to this...

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:8pBLT...lient=firefox-a

& this

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/m...898(VS.85).aspx

another function should be used? in the last link it mentions GWLP_WNDPROC instead of GWL_WNDPROC.

There are quite a few results on google reporting the architectural problem when compiling on amd64. Although there were never "clarifying" answers, other than modify that file to acknowledge another platform, which is what was done on that file I found.

Update: I was right!!! Edit: No, you were right! LOL I hadn't read the part where you had mentioned the .lib files.

After some INTENSE googling, I found a link to this: http://www.vector64.com/lib.7z

I replaced the .lib with those included in that archive. Compiled, replaced the .dll and the other file, recompressed to .zip, renamed to .XPI.

And IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!! I ****ing compiled the thing to work in firefox 64-bit!!! I'm happy lol

Proof:

glasserdr0.th.png

Edited by Julius Caro

Any chance you can fix the visual glitch on the favicon box to the left of the location bar?

It only happened a few nightlies ago, but it has knocked the left border out by about 2 pixels.

I'd fix it in userchrome, but I don't know the name of the thing I'm trying to change. Besides, it looks like the change is done in your extension anyway.

Any chance of a quick fix? You probably only need to change a little bit of css to compensate for the recent change in the default Firefox Vista theme.

ffglassershot1.jpg

Using personal menu. Is there any way to change the menu text here to white instead of black?

Edited by Darrian

Here is some userchrome.css code to fix the favicon glitch.

#identity-box > hbox
{
	border-left: 0 !important;
}
#identity-box
{
	margin-left: 0 !important;
	border-left: 0 !important;
}

I have a question. How do I get my top bar ( File,edit, etc. ) to be colored like you guys? Is it because of the Visual Style I am using? Or is it something else I haven't installed?

post-119661-1209401958_thumb.jpg

I have a question. How do I get my top bar ( File,edit, etc. ) to be colored like you guys? Is it because of the Visual Style I am using? Or is it something else I haven't installed?

post-119661-1209401958_thumb.jpg

It is they bookmarks bar they are using, not the menu bar. The menu bar is actually hidden.

Right click near the buttons, check "bookmarks toolbar", then move the bookmarks back there and install some extension that hides the menu. Then install one of the userChrome.css provided in the first post of this thread to get it coloured.

So this the x64 thunk is working... awsome! Now just need the binaries that were created so I can release the x64 version on the head post of this topic. This will hopefully make alot a folks happy. :)

Update: I was right!!! Edit: No, you were right! LOL I hadn't read the part where you had mentioned the .lib files.

After some INTENSE googling, I found a link to this: http://www.vector64.com/lib.7z

I replaced the .lib with those included in that archive. Compiled, replaced the .dll and the other file, recompressed to .zip, renamed to .XPI.

And IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!! I ****ing compiled the thing to work in firefox 64-bit!!! I'm happy lol

Proof:

glasserdr0.th.png

I will PM you in a minute. The only thing is that the DLL created is the 'debug' one rather than the 'release' one, so its size is bigger I guess because of the overhead the debugging adds. The thing is, I tried building the 'release' one but it complains about one of the libraries being built with an older version of the compiler, and it doesnt compile (well, it doesnt link).

As for the .lib files and the .h file that needed some changing, I believe it's okay for the binary to be released? After all, the .h file had a GPL license header and the .lib files.. well, the .lib files included in the .7z package were requested by some user in the mozilla zine forums, and then the guy who runs vector64.com updated them, but since they are binaries of certain xulrunner version, I guess it'll be okay?