Task Scheduler Engine has stopped working

I use Vista on a daily basis, at home and at work. I ran into an issue with a customer's computer today, she was using Vista Home Premium and running an Emachine from Bestbuy ( Didn't know best buy sold crap :D)

Anyways, the problem she is having is when she logs on and during her entire windows session there's a pop up with "Task Scheduler Engine has encountered a problem and needs to close" and then it states that it has been sent to M$ but doesn't show anything. I have looked up and down google and haven't found anything. I haven't encountered this issue with any of my systems so I'm at a loss.

If you guys know what's going on or how to fix this I would really appreciate it. I have stopped the Task Scheduler from running with MSCONFIG but it still comes up?

to be honest I'm not sure about the updates, and I dont think she had SP1. all I really know is that she hasn't had the computer that long.

vista without sp1 can be very buggy,with sp1 it gets alot of fixes,i waited before putting vista on my system till sp1 because of all the problems.

• 3 years later...