GTAIV: PS3 version runs at 630p while 360 version at 720p

Jeez. There are way too many GTAIV threads...

No - there are too many "Xbox 360 is better than PS3" threads :|

Well I had a mediocre PC and it ran just fine for me. If you don't like PC gaming, what were you doing with a top of the range PC, then? Hmmm?

How would it be possible to say I don't like something if I haven't tried it? That would be the ramblings of a fanboy, would it not?

No - there are too many "Xbox 360 is better than PS3" threads :|

If it was true you could understand it...

How would it be possible to say I don't like something if I haven't tried it? That would be the ramblings of a fanboy, would it not?

Perhaps, but you're saying that the PC version of San Andreas had worse performance issues than the PS2/Xbox counterpart, which is just not the case. I don't know what caused problems for you, but it really wasn't a problem for me and my system was by no means "top of the line".

Perhaps, but you're saying that the PC version of San Andreas had worse performance issues than the PS2/Xbox counterpart, which is just not the case. I don't know what caused problems for you, but it really wasn't a problem for me and my system was by no means "top of the line".

No I didn't.

You said every GTA game on the PC you've played had Framerate issues. As Coldgunner pointed out, the PS2 version had them as well, so what was your point, exactly?

You said every GTA game on the PC you've played had Framerate issues. As Coldgunner pointed out, the PS2 version had them as well, so what was your point, exactly?

So where in saying they had framerate issues did you get 'the PC had worse performance issues'?

All I said was, GTA is known for having a slightly unstable framerate on any platform.

the better loading times of the ps3 was the seller for me, also with the popup being less of an issue.

Did you even play the 360 version at all. I'm going to quote myself from another thread here:

By the way, I watched a friend of mine play for about a half hour today and I don't know how anyone can say the PS3 has the edge b/c of load times and popin - load times on the 360 are next to negligible and I didn't actually notice any popin (perhaps because I was actually paying attention to the gameplay...).

-Spenser

I agree about the load times.

I've been playing this game for 16-17 hours now and you get practically NO loading screens, how can you improve on that?!

And i have experienced no pop-in, no roads missing, nothing appearing in front of me, no models without textures ...

Did you even play the 360 version at all.

no I haven't yet, but reading the vast amounts of comments on the subject tells me as such. its not an argument I wish to get into again.

Also the risk of having hardware failure is much less on ps3, again a topic for a different thread.

no I haven't yet, but reading the vast amounts of comments on the subject tells me as such.

I'm not saying you're wrong or not, but that's exactly how rumors start.

no I haven't yet, but reading the vast amounts of comments on the subject tells me as such. its not an argument I wish to get into again.

Well maybe if you'd have given it a shot before listening to a bunch of whiners on the internet first, I wouldn't bother you, since you'd have firsthand account, but as it is, I think you made a poor case for why you chose the PS3 version over the 360 version, as both your reasons are negligible. Hell, saying "I picked the PS3 version because I like the PS3 more" is a better reason than the one you put forth.

Also the risk of having hardware failure is much less on ps3, again a topic for a different thread.

If you already have a 360, than this is a moot point. Why buy any games for it if you're always going to use this poor excuse that only even merits looking at if you have an older console?

-Spenser

Yeah but the risk of the game glitching and crashing constantly is much higher on the PS3, so go fish. It really is a pointless argument.

Yeah but the risk of the game glitching and crashing constantly is much higher on the PS3, so go fish. It really is a pointless argument.

How do you work that out? Both versions have crashing issues.

Well maybe if you'd have given it a shot before listening to a bunch of whiners on the internet first, I wouldn't bother you, since you'd have firsthand account, but as it is, I think you made a poor case for why you chose the PS3 version over the 360 version, as both your reasons are negligible. Hell, saying "I picked the PS3 version because I like the PS3 more" is a better reason than the one you put forth.

If you already have a 360, than this is a moot point. Why buy any games for it if you're always going to use this poor excuse that only even merits looking at if you have an older console?

-Spenser

1. I got it for PS3 because I don't have a X360, my reason being in #2

2. The X360 has an abysmal failure rate, I know a lot of people and all of them have had it fail at least once, in some cases multiple times. Noise is also a big issue, I've attended lans which we had both consoles set up and the 360 drowned out the ps3's. I've spent some time with the 360 and I simply don't like it, I don't like the interface, noise (as I've just stated) and reliability (I can't have a console that may fail due to the fact I use them for more than just games). Hence why I was so impressed with the PS3's functionaility.

Am I a 360 hater? no, I know its got a better games library, but reliability is a major thing for me. The multimedia and psp interoperability with the ps3 made it the better option.

Am I a Sony fanboy? no, I realise the games are often shoddy ports, and software is a little expensive, but multimedia is the big winner in this case.

Am I a PC lover? Yes, games have always continually pushed the edge over consoles but unfortunately the trend is more towards consoles due to the huge sums of money involved.

Edited by Coldgunner

Because all reports point to it being far more widespread on the PS3, that's how.

-Spenser

Funny, Im seeing widespread issues for both platforms.

Have you actually got a PS3?

1. I got it for PS3 because I don't have a X360, my reason being in #2

Much better.

Funny, Im seeing widespread issues for both platforms.

Have you actually got a PS3?

I'm not seeing it widespread for both.

Me not having a PS3 doesn't have anything to do with this argument.

-Spenser