official GRID PC specs

Source: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/sho...ad.php?t=278342

Minimum Specifications

Windows XP/Vista. (If running Windows Vista, SP1 is recommended)

DirectX 9.0c

Pentium 4 @ 3.0GHz or Athlon 64 3000+

1GB RAM.

Graphics Card: GeForce 6800 / Radeon X1300 or above

DirectX Compatible Sound Card

Dual Layer Compatible DVD-ROM Drive

12.5 GB Hard Drive Space

Recommended Specifications

Windows XP/Vista. (If running Windows Vista, SP1 is recommended)

DirectX 9.0c

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.66Ghz or Athlon X2 3800+

2GB RAM.

Graphics Card: GeForce 8800 or Radeon X1950

Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Sound Card.

Dual Layer Compatible DVD-ROM Drive

12.5 GB Hard Drive Space

Supported Graphics Cards

ATI Radeon X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900, X1950, HD2600, HD2900, HD3870

NVIDIA Geforce 6800, 7100, 7300, 7600, 7800, 7900, 7950, 8600, 8800, 9800

Not compatible with all integrated sound/graphics solutions (inc.Laptops)

TCP/IP mode (2-12 players) Requirements:

Broadband internet connection required - 512kbps + Recommended

TCP/IP Network

Supported Controllers

GRID? can be configured to use almost any PC controller, however we recommend the following controllers for the best game play experience:

Microsoft X360 controller

Logitech G25

Logitech MOMO

Logitech Driving Force Pro

Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Pro

The demo runs like a dream on my rig, game settings auto set to 1280x1024 all on medium and it looks as good as the 360 demo i have

turn off your virtual drives!! check the codemasters forums for more help, this has been documented

have you got Vista SP1 installed as the readme does say you need it..

also its not a simulation ....its not a arcade its something inbetween, people said toca3 handling was crap but i loved it

In between? It's worse than Arcade, the way the cars handle, the way the camera pivots around when you spin around - This feels wrong and out of place.

Just tried it, the racing mechanics are really bad, the controls are "Okay", they just seem a bit awkward, and delayed.

Specs.

Windows XP SP3

2GB Ram

320GB HDD

Nvidia Geforce 7600 @ 512MB

Ran fine speed wise on medium, seemed a bit awkward all around, from the camera, to the racing mechanics. Not that great of a racer, but then again, I'm not a racing game fan, and didn't even like the latest Need For Speed game, but loved Most Wanted and Carbon.

I was quite excited about this game, till I played it that is. The handling of the cars is horrid! it's like they are on ice or something...shame really, I would of bought this game the day it came out but gonna skip it now [cause of the handling]. I'm more pumped about Mirror's Edge now, hopefully that one delivers!

don't you pretty much NEED a 360 controller for this. without analog accelerate you can't really play the game because you can only have your foot as hard on the pedal or not at all.

is that why people are complaining about handling? because it works great for me with the 360 controller as long as you don't go crazy on the accelerate.

don't you pretty much NEED a 360 controller for this. without analog accelerate you can't really play the game because you can only have your foot as hard on the pedal or not at all.

is that why people are complaining about handling? because it works great for me with the 360 controller as long as you don't go crazy on the accelerate.

It sucks on both consoles and PC.

Give me a break...

I could setup my Saitek P2600 controller in options but in-game it don't work.

And if I do map the Pause function on the controller, the only thing I can do in-race is CTRL+ALT+DELETE.

What's the joke?

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.66Ghz or Athlon X2 3800+

The 2.66 GHz C2D is a lot faster than the 2.4 GHz X2 3800+. They're not a close match at all :s

yeah i wouldn't take these too seriously. they also recommend sp1 for vista but make no recommendation for xp. are they saying that xp is fine with no service pack because i don't think that would be a good idea.

The 2.66 GHz C2D is a lot faster than the 2.4 GHz X2 3800+. They're not a close match at all :s

The GeForce 8800 is also alot faster than the Radeon X1950. I don't know why they always do this with recommended specs.

I have SP1 for Vista and it doesn't wanna run unless i use that XP Sp2 compatibility mode. The game is beautiful looking, but i didn't try to get my PS2 controller working on it yet.

Game is sh|t with a capital crap, as mentioned in the 360 thread, I think they should rename this GRIM

this game is really strange, it seems you either love it or hate it. and the main thing people cite is handling. well for some people it seems to be fine. maybe these are the people that don't care about realism. or for it to actually drive like a car at all!!!