official GRID PC specs

The demo is great. I'm amazed by how hell the game runs even though it sets the graphics detail to medium by default. I currently run the demo at 1680x1050 with 2xAA applied and all settings to medium. It definitely looks better than X360 demo I tried at a friend's house.

if you turn the assists OFF the car will feel more 'alive' hope this helps a few people out

The 2.66 GHz C2D is a lot faster than the 2.4 GHz X2 3800+. They're not a close match at all :s

well i am running the game on vista ultimate with a X2 3800 @ stock speeds of 2ghz and a stock speed 8600gts with 2gbs of ram in my entire system and the game runs @ 1280x1024 just fine without issue with all graphics on the highest setting with 2xFSAA i am impressed with the physics and everything about the game and i have drive assist off cause with it on it is a bit more auto pilot

if you turn the assists OFF the car will feel more 'alive' hope this helps a few people out

I'll try that when I play the demo again.

By the way, press shift to access the advanced options in the graphics options menu. It confused the hell out of me for a few minutes because it showed an upward arrow. I hope I'm not the only person that was confused by a simple icon. :unsure:

yea i saw that when i first went into the gfx options, for me its 'Y' on the controller as i use a x360 controller

yea i saw that when i first went into the gfx options, for me its 'Y' on the controller as i use a x360 controller

Heh, I'd use a X360 controller if I could. I have two and both are wireless. Have you tried cranking up the graphics? Try setting everything to it's maximum setting. I'm curious to see how well your rig can handle the game at details beyond medium settings.

let me have a shimmy now and i'll get back to you

Well reports are in and the news is good

With ALL advance graphical options either running High or Ultra (depending on what setting it was) running at 1280x1024 with x2 AA i managed a very smooth game, fraps reported an average of 30fps with cars then as soon as i lost them (half way round 2nd lap) it went upto 40+

EDIT: i have disabled HDR from my game as i dont like it, but this is down to personal preference, also heres 1 more little gameplay tweek for you.

Run the game and when your in the main menu bring up 'task manager' and find the grid.exe entry, change the priority from low to normal, for some reason Codes set the games proiorty to low, but changing it to normal helps out bags, im hitting 35fps with cars around me now.

Just a small point if not not a fan of HDR 'eyecandy' then you can remove it and it speeds the game up by quite a bit, not sure if reverse enginerring is allowed but contact me if u wanna know

Edited by Unimatrix Xero

Got the demo, everything maxed with MSAAx4 and AFx8 @ 1280x1024 ...

Too much bloody HDR, I yet to play with the advanced settings.

Got the demo, everything maxed with MSAAx4 and AFx8 @ 1280x1024 ...

Too much bloody HDR, I yet to play with the advanced settings.

add me to your MSN list :)

Quiet pathetic. Yet again no support for the Logitech Rumblepad 2 (even the advanced settings do nothing), tapping left or right turns the steering wheel FULL LOCK, same as DiRT.. what a complete waste of a game.

tbh a new controller doesnt cost much these days why dont you just buy a new controller?

Quiet pathetic. Yet again no support for the Logitech Rumblepad 2 (even the advanced settings do nothing), tapping left or right turns the steering wheel FULL LOCK, same as DiRT.. what a complete waste of a game.

Get an Xbox 360 controller, they're just better and more likely to have game support.

Get an Xbox 360 controller, they're just better and more likely to have game support.

i also recommend that. it is totally worth it. if any controller works with a game it will be the 360 controller.

they are also really nice to use and have analog accelerate and brake triggers which imo is REQUIRED to play grid.

let me have a shimmy now and i'll get back to you

Well reports are in and the news is good

With ALL advance graphical options either running High or Ultra (depending on what setting it was) running at 1280x1024 with x2 AA i managed a very smooth game, fraps reported an average of 30fps with cars then as soon as i lost them (half way round 2nd lap) it went upto 40+

EDIT: i have disabled HDR from my game as i dont like it, but this is down to personal preference, also heres 1 more little gameplay tweek for you.

Run the game and when your in the main menu bring up 'task manager' and find the grid.exe entry, change the priority from low to normal, for some reason Codes set the games proiorty to low, but changing it to normal helps out bags, im hitting 35fps with cars around me now.

Just a small point if not not a fan of HDR 'eyecandy' then you can remove it and it speeds the game up by quite a bit, not sure if reverse enginerring is allowed but contact me if u wanna know

Very nice. I'll give a go at turning up the settings too. Thanks!

Also getting the most recent nvidia drivers help (that is if you have an nvidia)

Yep, I have an ATI video card and my drivers are up to date.

i think HDR in this game is very well done for a raceing game and it work out well i dont see the need to turn it off cause i get playable FPS with it left on anyways i am not so Nuts when it comes to not havening big big FPS in a game . as long as it is playable then i am fine and playable to me is above 28FPS or more but as it is i am getting a good 38FPS out of this game

i think HDR in this game is very well done for a raceing game and it work out well i dont see the need to turn it off cause i get playable FPS with it left on anyways i am not so Nuts when it comes to not havening big big FPS in a game . as long as it is playable then i am fine and playable to me is above 28FPS or more but as it is i am getting a good 38FPS out of this game

HDR is gorgeous and well worth having. I run everything in 'High' @ 1680x1050 at 40+ FPS so I'm happy enough (Y)

HDR is gorgeous and well worth having. I run everything in 'High' @ 1680x1050 at 40+ FPS so I'm happy enough (Y)

Nice. Our computers are pretty much identical, except for the video card. I have a Radeon HD2900XT.

I was playing again earlier today and I realized something. The game defaulted to 2xAA but it felt like 4xAA was applied. :blink:

Nice. Our computers are pretty much identical, except for the video card. I have a Radeon HD2900XT.

I was playing again earlier today and I realized something. The game defaulted to 2xAA but it felt like 4xAA was applied. :blink:

I never enable AA and only AF at 2x maximum.

I never enable AA and only AF at 2x maximum.

I'll try out those settings.

I was playing the demo on 360 yesterday using the MS wireless wheel (bolted down) and thought the game was pretty damn good for a demo.

Will check out the PC version soon.

Unreal! The demo runs perfectly at maximum details with 2xAA applied. Wow, I would've never expected it to be so smooth. I honestly haven't noticed a drop in FPS from medium to maxed out settings. :omg:

I get around 50-60 everything maxed out, 16x AA etc, the gfx looks good on the Mustang and drift races, but the touring race doesn't look as good. I'm using 2 8800GT's and a q6600

I get around 50-60 everything maxed out, 16x AA etc, the gfx looks good on the Mustang and drift races, but the touring race doesn't look as good. I'm using 2 8800GT's and a q6600

Very nice. I agree with you. The race with the BMW car doesn't show off the graphics because it's too bright. The drift one really shows off the good lighting, and the Mustang race is just great. I'm obsessed with watching the replays. Hehe.

The 2.66 GHz C2D is a lot faster than the 2.4 GHz X2 3800+. They're not a close match at all :s

Yeah and an 8800 is WAY faster than an x1950 what the hell were they thinking with the recommended specs? it should have been like 2.66ghz core2/5000+ and 8800GT/3870 or something.