Problem with unatteneded installation

i want to to Install Microsoft Windows .NET Server 2003 RC2 using unatteneded installation but i want it to install on D:\ as C:\ has Microsoft Windows XP Professional how is this possible?

Also does Microsoft Windows .NET Server 2003 RC2 come with .NET Framework already installed o do i have to install it?

i want to to Install Microsoft Windows .NET Server 2003 RC2 using unatteneded installation but i want it to install on D:\ as C:\ has Microsoft Windows XP Professional how is this possible?

Also does Microsoft Windows .NET Server 2003 RC2 come with .NET Framework already installed o do i have to install it?

RC2 has .NET Framework 1.0.37xx something ,

Windows Server 2003 - 3757 has .NET Framework 1.1.

about unattended setup, when you use setup manager, just tell it to stop at where you partition.. (blue screen installation area)

about unattended setup, when you use setup manager, just tell it to stop at where you partition.. (blue screen installation area)

can i do that can you pleas give me a screen shot of where this options is located as i can't seem to find it?

Unfortunalty MS Win .NET Server 2003 build 3757 is not avalible to me on my windows beta site have you got it?

can i do that can you pleas give me a screen shot of where this options is located as i can't seem to find it?

Unfortunalty MS Win .NET Server 2003 build 3757 is not avalible to me on my windows beta site have you got it?

if you're a tester you should have seen it on Windowsbetaweb, infact they just released a newer build 3763 according to winbeta.org...

Now back to your original problem.... here is the solution, i hope! :woot:

If you like to make multiple partitions on your hard drive you will need to make a minor change to the answer file. In the [Data] section have a look at AutoPartition. With the current setting at one it will automatically choose a partition to install to. This will take away your option to make partitions. If you would rather create your own partitions set the 1 to 0. I recommend you do this if you already have an operating system installed on your computer that you would like to start fresh with or if you want XP to create a dual boot for you. You should have a second partition to do a dual boot.

;SetupMgrTag

[Data]

AutoPartition=1

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

to select where you install the OS to and Partition, make that manual minor change to your answer file :)

that gave me an error

i don't have any idea what error you got, but it works fine for me, i finished this installation a few days ago!

autopartition must be set to 0, if you have it set to 1, you're not going to accomplish anything.

i shall invetigat ehtat further but i want to know when should i pop the Uatteneded Disk into the floppy cos i always get it wrong

1.) When it shows the progress with the blue screen?

2.) after it restarts after the blue screen and we see the .NET server 2003 logo?

i shall invetigat ehtat further but i want to know when should i pop the Uatteneded Disk into the floppy cos i always get it wrong

1.) When it shows the progress with the blue screen?

2.) after it restarts after the blue screen and we see the .NET server 2003 logo?

put the floppy disk in when you boot up! make sure that your CD-ROM boot is before floppy boot.:)

that way it'll read from the get-go of the "Blue screened" Installation section.

make sure you named the file unattended.sif.

http://www.hytekcomputer.com/Articles/XPIn...Install/1.shtml that is the unattended guide, take it step by step and you'll get it done, that's what i used to do it :)

You mean winnt.sif

yeah! :)

Now Right click on your winnt.bat file and in the menu click edit. This is a batch file. A batch file is a file containing instructions that are executed one after the other. Notice that in the batch file it tells you that it may need to be modified. You may need to edit the path for setup to find the files it needs. The batch file here says:

1. The answer file is winnt.sif

2. Setup files are located on E:\ (My CD-ROM Drive) in the I386 folder.

3. Tells Setup to begin using winnt32 with a script to tell it to use the unattended method.

• 2 months later...
If you like to make multiple partitions on your hard drive you will need to make a minor change to the answer file. In the [Data] section have a look at AutoPartition. With the current setting at one it will automatically choose a partition to install to. This will take away your option to make partitions. If you would rather create your own partitions set the 1 to 0. I recommend you do this if you already have an operating system installed on your computer that you would like to start fresh with or if you want XP to create a dual boot for you. You should have a second partition to do a dual boot.

;SetupMgrTag

[Data]

AutoPartition=1

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

to select where you install the OS to and Partition, make that manual minor change to your answer file :)

That only allows you to select the drive/partition, is there any way to force setup in asking you how you want it formatted? (NTFS, FAT32, Quick or Full format?)

;SetupMgrTag

[Data]

AutoPartition=1

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

That only allows you to select the drive/partition, is there any way to force setup in asking you how you want it formatted? (NTFS, FAT32, Quick or Full format?)

Yes, go here:

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/win2k...tom_install.asp