Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

31 days of the dragon - Entries

334 posts in this topic

Posted

[attachment=195487:header.png]

Following [url="http://www.neowin.net/news/main/08/05/15/neowin-give-away-31-days-of-the-dragon"]our previous announcement[/url] of this exciting competition, Neowin is proud to be setting somewhat of a creative challenge to all our members, for the chance to win the [url="http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ca/en/ho/WF05a/12139188-78299199-78299212-78299212-78299212-80247383.html"]HP Pavillion HDX 9000 "Dragon" Entertainment notebook[/url] package worth over $5000.

Continuing from the dragon-themed prize, we want you to record a short audio clip, no more than one minute in length, telling us what you'd do if you had a [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon"]real life dragon[/url] at your disposal. Alternative pet? Crime-fighting force to be reckoned with? Let us know your thoughts in the most creative way you can imagine. Be it a moody poetry reading, comedy skit or choral singing, entertain us here at Neowin and you could be winning this fantastic prize courtesy of HP and Buzzcorps.

Entries will close on [b]May 27 2008[/b] which gives you seven days from the start of the competition.

[b]Submission details[/b]
[list]
[*]Entries will open on Tuesday May 20 2008 at 00:00 GMT and close on Tuesday May 27 2008 at 00:00 GMT
[*]Reply to this thread and attach an MP3 of under 2MB and no more than 1 minute in length
[*]One entry per member - you may post additional entries but you must indicate the ONE entry you wish to be entered for judging
[*]Entries will be judged by the collective Neowin staff
[*]Neowin staff and veterans are inelligible to enter - sorry guys!
[*]A winner will be announced on during the week of the closing date; they will be contacted separately with details of claiming their prize
[*]This is an international competition and members from all territories are welcome to participate
[*]Creativity and originality is favoured, so entries must be your own work
[*]Neowin reserves the right to alter the terms of this competition at will
[/list][attachment=195616:dragon.png]

Any questions, feel free to post below and we'll update this first post with information as necessary.

[color="#FF0000"][b]The competition is now open![/b][/color]

Posted

I win.

Posted

I have no idea whats going on in here.

Posted

Sweet, I'll get started on my entry. I'm so excited! :D

Posted

[i]Thread Cleaned[/i]

Get started on those original entries ;)

Radish

Posted

Ok, so time to get a large bottle of whisky.

Posted

So you want a one minute audio file, with creativity and flair, based on what I would do, if the fantasy creature commonly referred to as a 'dragon', were a real life pet?

Posted

By a real live dragon do you mean the notebook or a real dragon that breathes fire?...lol

Posted

I think they mean the fantasy creature.

What if I don't have a microphone?

Posted

Speex would be nicer...

Posted

[quote name='Gangsta' post='589413085' date='May 19 2008, 17:11']I think they mean the fantasy creature.

What if I don't have a microphone?[/quote]

Microsoft Sam :p

(Screen reader program)

Posted

I still am confused. Through out more examples. :)

Posted

I got an idea for this, but I'm on holiday :x

I think my laptop (iBook) has a microphone though - If I can cook up a solution I may enter.

Posted

i will write a song.....tomr=orrow

Posted

Where do we send it?

Posted

:)

Posted

Alright I made an example...just a little random thought story, attached to this post! -- NOT an entry, JUST an example :p

though note, it can be anything about a dragon really, a song perhaps, story, poem, etc!

Posted

[quote name='warwagon' post='589413242' date='May 19 2008, 20:39']:)[/quote]

AHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice! :D. Are you in your backyard or in the Middle East :p

Posted

[quote name='warwagon' post='589413242' date='May 19 2008, 22:39']:)[/quote]Man, perfect.

[quote name='SkyyPunk' post='589413248' date='May 19 2008, 22:40']Alright I made an example...just a little random thought story, attached to this post! -- NOT an entry, JUST an example :p

though note, it can be anything about a dragon really, a song perhaps, story, poem, etc![/quote]"...and that's my Dragon". Haha (Y)

Posted

[quote name='Rob' post='589411735' date='May 19 2008, 09:09']...[list]
[*]Neowin staff [b]and veterans[/b] are ineligible to enter - sorry guys!
[/list][/quote]
Aww.... :(

Posted

woo hoo!
I have a week to brain storm :)

Posted

Darn, too bad I'm terrible at things like this (stupid Youtube type stuff), guess I'm out. :(

Posted

What tool would I use to convert it to MP3, every tool I use on Vista seems to want to save it as wma.

Posted

[quote name='markjensen' post='589413302' date='May 19 2008, 19:57']Aww.... :([/quote]

I think we just got screwed Mark. ;)

Posted

[quote name='chconline' post='589413215' date='May 19 2008, 22:26']Where do we send it?[/quote]

You need to attach it as a MP3 file and reply in this topic! :)