31 days of the dragon - Entries

Good thing they aren't real huh? : winks :

Of course with all the dead members, I might have a chance at the thing... hmmmm. ;)

Lol! hahaha he was actually talking about comodo dragons not the mythical ones! :whistle:

I think I may enter now, I'm having too much fun listening to these lol Anyone know of a good free audio mixing program? I need to be able to combine two sound files. Thanks!

I think I may enter now, I'm having too much fun listening to these lol Anyone know of a good free audio mixing program? I need to be able to combine two sound files. Thanks!

as said before, you need to get audiacy. Good program for mixing and doing simple audio stuff.:)

Neztea

Some sites participating in the 31 Days of the Dragon competition are effectively asking for 'who is the most worthy' to receive the prize, with participants posting stories related to their hardships etc. This is one approach, but not one I have chosen to take here. So no, the judging of the competition won't take into consideration personal circumstances - it's judged solely on the audio recording :)

That's why I say this is the best contest I have seen thus far, and by far.

I noticed throughout these contests that some were not made for certain people. I know I probably didn't qualify for some of the ones I entered BUT I sure tried. Some people are going to find this one a challenge just like I found some of the others. However this one was deffinately made for someone like me and I am happy for this.

Good luck everyone!!!

I'm posting mine now to get it over and done with!

Apologies if you cannot understand my accent. :pinch:

That's one strange accent you have there. It almost doesn't sound British to me.

This is the one I want to be judged on.

something i mixed for the competition

Hahahaha. That was good!

Here is mine for fun. ;)

Thanks Rob for fixing the attachment part.

Hehe, nice spoof. I noticed you used the word "frack". Are you a BSG fan? :p

Hehe, nice spoof. I noticed you used the word "frack". Are you a BSG fan? :p

Thanks. ;) As for BSG, I sure am. :)

here is my final submission to be judged on. And yes ignore the other 3.

I want to be judged on this one

This is the same submission I did back a few pages labeled "Death of a Dragon"

I wasn't happy with some of the audio levels 1/2 way through, so I fixed them and am submitting the fixed version.

Death of a Dragon 1.01 :)

deathofadragon.mp3

Edited by warwagon

Chris Pirillo of Lockergnomes contest is like joining a Boot Camp.

- You must join the website (which is not unreasonable, but check out the rest)

- Subscribe to his YouTube Channel

- Leave a comment everyday between now and the draw to increase your chances of winning

- Be in the chatroom the day of the draw (May 29th)

The above gives even more credibility to NeoWin's approach and all I can say to Chris Pirillo and Lockergnome, forget you! People do have a life, why should I sit in a chatroom everyday watching Chris Pirillo do nothing but surf the web.

Chris Pirillo of Lockergnomes contest is like joining a Boot Camp.

- You must join the website (which is not unreasonable, but check out the rest)

- Subscribe to his YouTube Channel

- Leave a comment everyday between now and the draw to increase your chances of winning

- Be in the chatroom the day of the draw (May 29th)

The above gives even more credibility to NeoWin's approach and all I can say to Chris Pirillo and Lockergnome, forget you! People do have a life, why should I sit in a chatroom everyday watching Chris Pirillo do nothing but surf the web.

you don't have to join his site.

mainly make comments on his blog and sub his YouTube.

as for the chatroom thing, more likely, he'll record the giveaway and post it on YouTube and other video sites.

Thanks. ;) As for BSG, I sure am. :)
Woot BSG FOREVER!

Yeah! :woot:

I'm going to record my entry tomorrow. My concept so far is quite interesting. I can't wait to read the replies!

I'll do every contest.. but Pirillo is just too much lol.. And his site is lagging the PC here in the cafe.. It's eating so much bandwidth..

Thanks for the opportunity. Below is the original script for this recording if anything is hard to decipher.

A Warning to the general public.

The Draconic Protection Agency, along with other local organizations, reminds you to be cautious when associating with dragons. This agency seeks to remind the public that dragons are extremely sensitive creatures. It is within the power and ability of the general public to befriend local dragons, and assist them in becoming productive members of our society.

The agency also warns you that a dragon?s sensitivity can cause unpleasant and dangerous situations when coupled with their dramatic swings in emotion. Just because a dragon does not show emotion does not mean they do not feel. You are advised to keep local dragons away from American films, the Klu Klux Klan, and the Roman Catholic church.

A public service announcement from the EPA, DPA, DVD, BVD and this station.

DPA_PSA.mp3

I'm recording this on vacation in Margarita, Venezuela ahaha

Original Script:

"What you'd do if you had a real life dragon at your disposal. Alternative pet? Crime-fighting force to be reckoned with?"

I wouldn't spend time doing that. I'll leave that to the individual cities. I would put a saddle on the dragon, strap myself on, use a Verizon Wireless card to access the internet, and log on to Neowin.net everyday, to help users and travel to their individual houses to assist with any technical problems. As simple as that.

Pet_Dragon.mp3