Policy regarding OS X on non-Apple Hardware

OSX86 , if run on the correct hardware is as good as running it on the real thing itself, i got myself a powerful quad core Hack running smooth as butter.

but hey , i do own a real mac as well , so i do feel that my suedo 1337ness is doubled with this .

I think i must admit to the same

• 2 weeks later...
I've been wanting to make a hackintosh, but i doubt it ll ever happen

If you're using the hardware in your signature, you might want to look into it. You may be able to get it working without too much effort at all really.

I'm definitely wanting to try it... I just recently discovered it, so the process of installing it is confusing the crap out of me. Hopefully I'll figure it out, though. I hope I can dual boot 7 and OSX...

• 1 year later...

Does anyone happen to know of a program that can check if your hardware is OSX compatible? I'm interested in a hackintosh, but i have no clue if my stuff is compatible.

Does anyone happen to know of a program that can check if your hardware is OSX compatible? I'm interested in a hackintosh, but i have no clue if my stuff is compatible.

Insanelymac is a good place to start, they have a huge hardware list. There was also Leopard Upgrade Advisor but the download link seems to be broken at the moment, maybe you'll have to ask someone for a copy.

click ;)

Link.

I got the program, ran it and it saw all my hardware, but then i said "check hardware compatibility" and it takes like 5 minutes of "checking" and then ends up doing nothing, no green dots, no smiley, nothing.

I got the program, ran it and it saw all my hardware, but then i said "check hardware compatibility" and it takes like 5 minutes of "checking" and then ends up doing nothing, no green dots, no smiley, nothing.

Same, are you on 64 bit?

• 2 months later...

Thread closed, as this is here merely to state our policy, not instigate the discussions surrounding it.

Please post in the appropriate area, rather than in this thread

Closed