Windows Vista X64 with 8GB of RAM

Who will it run? Im buying a new pc, that has 8GB ram. I can make the monly put in 4GB but that'll only save me 100$.. so i guess its really not worth it.

I mean, vista GOTTA be great with that many ram :p

Who will it run? Im buying a new pc, that has 8GB ram. I can make the monly put in 4GB but that'll only save me 100$.. so i guess its really not worth it.

I mean, vista GOTTA be great with that many ram :p

There goes a point where too much ram is just too much ram for this time....

Unless you do advanced 3d imaging, photoshopping and flash animation at the same time while encoding a video and compressing big files all at once, that really is too much...

Four Gigs is plenty. Save your money.

Seconded, plus with 4gigs it means you can run vista x86 if you wanted to (better compatability and drivers) even 4gigs these days is overkill

8GB is a little over the top. I'd say either 2GB or 4GB is enough depending on what your needs are... heck, I'm only using 900MB of my 2GB at the moment.

4gb is an overkill by itself .. 8gb is just overcompensation for something else...

I do not believe 4 GB is overkill.

Do not waste your time and money with 8GB ram and Vista X64. I have had lots of problems with Vista X64 i just went back to XP 32bit and omg its like a system upgrade lol. I need to update my sig.

I'd put 16GB if I can, Superfetch FTW. There's no such thing as "too much memory" when you have Windows Vista, because there's no ceiling for performance improvements utilizing free RAM.

4GB is overkill out of maybe 50% of the people who have it, 50% of the time. Therefore, it is worth it if you are going to need it at least sometimes. I like to play video games but minimize my game to do stuff without having to re-open and such. Otherwise, I don't often use all the 4GB.

Just go for the 8 GB,you won't need RAM anymore,unless a lightning strikes in your house and fries the PC

That's just like saying 10 years ago that you'll never ever need more than 1GB of RAM :D but yeah, by the time he needs more than 8GB the CPU and the whole DDR2/DDR3 standards will be long gone.

My machine with 4GB has never struggled no matter what I throw at it.

I will probably put 8GB in my next machine because I can.

it gives you gloating rights and saying... "yeah but I have 8GB of ram.. my ePenis is bigger"

I'm running off of 2GB right now on Vista, and it is fine. One time I actually got an out of memory error while running 8+ applications. Most of them Adobe LOL

hmm i dont seem to have problems with my 2GB ram dual channel 1024x2 ddr2 sdram laptop...

i can play san andreas ok then minimise it and browse the web and lister to MYtunes at the same time while having googtalk goog mail :cough:utorrent :cough: and quick link mobile alltel running...

the only time i wish i had more ram is when i go into movie maker and try to make a music/ photo with 3GB+ pictures and songs then it just hangs up and farts out

If your saying stuff like, It's gotta be better with 8GB, then you really don't need it.

2-4gb is the range these days for new builds. Anything less or more doesn't make sense.

Thanks for all the answers guys. I have 4 GB's in my laptop, altho im using Vista32 so i only get 3 of em.

Well.. Since i only save those few bucks, then why not ^^? I mean, i tend to have tons of stuff open.

Thanks for all the answers guys. I have 4 GB's in my laptop, altho im using Vista32 so i only get 3 of em.

Well.. Since i only save those few bucks, then why not ^^? I mean, i tend to have tons of stuff open.

Well I hope your Vista 64bit experience is better than mine. I cannot get Vegas 2 to work properly it only likes 32bit also all my Steam games lag and get ****ty on Vista 64bit only. Let me know what hardware you pick. I might need to change my motherboard or something. When I had Vista 64bit it was using about 1.1gb of ram idle.