Intel Processors Overclock Database

Here's a larger, more comprehensive online database: http://www.cpuoverclockers.com/

Seemed like we could use one of these, stealing the basic format from other overclocking databases because they work. ;) Gives users an idea of what to expect or about where everyone else's chips are.

Please list:

Processor

Stepping

Week and code (found on retail box and processor, formatted as LXXXAXXX with LXXX being week and AXXX being code) (optional)

Vcore (idle CPU-Z)

Method of cooling and make and model of cooler

Make and model of motherboard with BIOS version

OS version

RAM brand, model number, frequency (actual not effective), and latencies

All submissions must include a CPU-Z or CPUID picture or a CPU-Z validation link.

All submissions must be 8+ hours Prime95 or Orthos stable, included picture would be nice if not we'll trust you. :)

I also want to add a section for motherboards here to help shed light on what motherboards are doing what kind of front side buses. The best method of doing this is pretty much just dropping the processor multiplier and pushing the front side bus as far as the system will stay stable.

Please indicate whether or not your submission accurately portrays the maximum FSB reached by your motherboard, if not we're going to assume your submission is for the processor section only

Please post:

Processor

FSB (actual not quad pumped)

Motherboard make and model (revision number if applicable)

BIOS version

Northbridge and/or Southbridge Cooling Method

Any mods

Same thing, with CPU-Z/CPUID, but we'll accept four hours of Prime or Orthos stable.

Any submissions without any of the listed information will not be included in database

Try to keep the thread clean of the "nice oc" and "what settings did you use" posts, use another method of communication.

Also, if you made an initial post but improved on that overclock later, go ahead and repost but link to your original post. You can make multiple submissions for processors and motherboards, such as overclocks for both an E6600 and E9450. However, if you change out the motherboard, but keep the chip I'm just going to change your submission for the chip. E.g. I post my E6400 + Abit IP35-E overclock, then change the board out to an IP35-Pro. The entry will be edited to just replace the motherboard.

I'll try to make updates as often as possible, but don't expect to have your submission show up three minutes after you post. ;)

..alright, let's see how this goes. :) Go ahead and PM me if anything needs to be cleared up or if I made a mistake somewhere that should be rectified.

Unconfirmed Stability Test

Stable/Claimed to be Stable

Updated 13 February 2009 @ 1557 EST

Results:

Processors:

quadocdb.png

dualocdb.png

Motherboards:

mb.png

Edited by gwai lo

Maybe you should break the ice gwai lo. I would, but I'm still running a Pentium D 805 =(

Yeah I'm going to get around to it, I had the idea randomly in the middle of the afternoon as I was heading out. Haven't been on the computer for 15 hours else I would've added my own. I'm orthosing right now and I'll put up my 3200 MHz Orthos image by tomorrow morning. Don't have my week or code written down for some reason and I don't feel like taking the block off to check it. -_- but yes, if anyone else gets their data in before tomorrow morning 11AM PST you can be in the first update. :)

edit: Okay....yeah I'll break the ice. update coming up!

I'm posting mine ASAP....in a month that is. :p

As soon as I build my gaming rig for college I am immediatly overclocking it. As it is looking right now the setup is: Q9450, Asus P5K-E, 2x2gb, 9800GTX, 2 320gb WDC AAKS drives, etc. I can't wait to see the results.

here's mine. :)

q6600 @ 3420mhz

G0

1.4625v

air cooling - akasa ak-965

gigabyte p35 ds3l rev 2.00, f8f bios

vista home premium x64

4gb ocz vista gold pc6400 @ 380mhz, 6-6-6-18

bcca337b5d561f93aab8ef13e7e229a1.png

Very interesting. I'll post mine as soon as I overclock my E6750 to 3.0GHz. (Y)

Processor Core2Duo E6550 @ 2.8GHz

Stepping B

Revision G0

Vcore 1.232v

Method of cooling and make and model of cooler Air, Stock

Make and model of motherboard with BIOS version Asus P5K-e 1013

OS version Vista Ultimate 32bit w/SP1

RAM brand, model number, frequency (actual not effective), and latencies G.Skill, F2-6400CL4-1GBHK, 400MHz, 4-4-3-5 2T @ 2.1v

It is perfectly stable running Orthos for 8 hours, I've had it at these speeds for around 2 months and just didn't save a screenshot of it at the time because I didn't ever think I'd need one. :p It's only a minor OC, and I haven't tried to push it any farther.

cpuci1.jpg

Edited by CrashGordon

No problem :)

Gave me an excuse to unpin the "Overlclocking your Athlon/Pentium 4" threads :laugh:

I'll post my submission soon as well.

Radish?

Just in case anyone is having trouble finding time to do an 8 hour ORTHOS/Prime95 stress test, here's what I do.

I just leave my computer on overnight (for one night) with ORTHOS or Prime95 on, and have it stress CPU over night.

If in the morning, the test is still going, then it's safe to assume your overclock is stable. If you get a BSOD overnight, then there might be a problem with stability.

Hope this helps.

I guess I should've added this for the Mobo list:

Processor Core2Duo E6550

FSB (actual not quad pumped) 400MHz

Motherboard make and model (revision number if applicable) Asus P5K-E

BIOS version 1013

Northbridge and/or Southbridge Cooling Method Stock

Any mods None

Use this with the other screenshots in my last post (nothing has changed)

moboun5.jpg

Processor: Q9450 @ 3200MHz

Stepping: C1

Week and code: L803B526

Vcore: 1.120V

Method of cooling: Air - Xigmatek HDT-S1283 with Artic Silver 5

Model of motherboard: ASUS Rampage Formula - BIOS 0219

OS version: Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit w/SP1

RAM: OCZ - 2x2GB - OCZ2RPR800C42G, 400MHz, 4-4-4-15 2T 2.0V

prime95pg5.jpg

Processor: Q9450 @ 3200MHz

Stepping: C1

Week and code: L803B526

Vcore: 1.120V

Method of cooling: Air - Xigmatek HDT-S1283 with Artic Silver 5

Model of motherboard: ASUS Rampage Formula - BIOS 0219

OS version: Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit w/SP1

RAM: OCZ - 2x2GB - OCZ2RPR800C42G, 400MHz, 4-4-4-15 2T 2.0V

Thanks for posting that one so much! I am planning on putting a Q9450 in my rig next month! I hoping for similar results to you, at least 3.2ghz.

I'm testing my E6550 @ 3.0GHz right now (429x7), ram is at the same FSB (x2 for DDR) with no change in timings or voltage on anything. It's looking very good so far, temps are no more than they were at 2.8 (Max. 58-59c) on the stock cooler. :yes: I'll post the results when Orthos finishes it's 8 hours or when I wake up tomorrow morning.

Processor: Intel QX9650 @ 3.4Ghz (Pretty Lame I know)

Stepping: C0

Week+Code: L739A743T

Voltage: 1.184V

Cooler: Zalman CNPS9700

Motherboard: Asus P5E Bios 0605

RAM: Kingston KHX9600D2K2/2G 4GB 5-5-5-15 @ 504Mhz.

CPUZ.png

Edited by Intelman

Stepping: C0

Week+Code: L739A743T

Voltage: 1.184V

Cooler: Zalman CNPS9700

Motherboard: Asus P5E Bios 0605

RAM: Kingston KHX9600D2K2/2G 4GB

CPUZ.png

How can you spend that much money on a processor and not overclock the crap out of it? :p

How can you spend that much money on a processor and not overclock the crap out of it? :p

I won it, my motherboard doesn't like high front side buses, I like an "auto" multiplier so on idle it clocks down, and I don't *need* more....yet ;)

Someday I might really try to go for more, but 3.4 sounded good.

I won it, my motherboard doesn't like high front side buses, I like an "auto" multiplier so on idle it clocks down, and I don't *need* more....yet ;)

Someday I might really try to go for more, but 3.4 sounded good.

What?!? Seems like I'm entering the wrong sweepstakes because everybody is winning hardware but me. :p

Where from?

Don't worry too much about getting a high overclock, it's not a show off thread, just information. In this case the vcore used is still information for those looking for some numbers to compare to. ;) So this is for everyone else holding off because they don't think they're clocked high enough...we just want numbers. Any of them are good.

I'll have you added by tomorrow afternoon, I have work at 6AM till 2 or 3 PM.

edit: hah I know what you're talking about. Mine aren't titration though, but stress/strain. :p

Edited by gwai lo

http://channel8.msdn.com/Posts/2019/

I tell you what, my engineering apps are f***ing fast now. Excel is much improved too, so I can do graphs with thousands of data points....I'm such a nerd.

curve.jpg

Don't worry too much about getting a high overclock, it's not a show off thread, just information. In this case the vcore used is still information for those looking for some numbers to compare to. ;) So this is for everyone else holding off because they don't think they're clocked high enough...we just want numbers. Any of them are good.

I'll have you added by tomorrow afternoon, I have work at 6AM till 2 or 3 PM.

edit: hah I know what you're talking about. Mine are titration though, but stress/strain. :p

Yeah I've done a few of those, they getting pretty bad. I think the computer took readings every 5 miliseconds when we rode bikes around campus measuring the stress/strain on the frame. I thought excel or my computer was going to die.

This thread will probably prove to be extremely useful. I guess even if the clocks aren't high, people can at least see what was "stable".

Edited by Intelman

And I thought chc was the only guy with a Core 2 Extreme on the forums. I guess I was wrong! :p