Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gwai lo

Intel Processors Overclock Database

231 posts in this topic

There's the verdict! Haha...

Feel free to make another post in this thread with your BIOS Vcore...picture not necessarily required since you can't really post a screenshot of BIOS and taking a digital camera picture would be quite a bit of work for 4 numbers. :p

Ok, in that case my BIOS Vcore is 1.2125

Gwai Lo or -SHiFT- if either one of you need help doing the list or something, I'd be glad to lend a hand if needed.

We're good for now, thanks though.

I guess shift will do it, I'm not at home and RDP's a little finicky right now.

Updated CrashGordon's Vcore.

BIOS Vcore: 1.1875V

Latest version as of June 21st, 2008 1:05AM

CHANGES: Updated santiagof4's Vcore.

Sorry, I guess I should've clarified...I kind of assumed everyone was doing the BIOS vcore because that's what I've been used to on other forums. So here it is and I'll update the first post:

Post the BIOS vcore, the sole reason being vdroop.

I completely disagree with posting the BIOS vcore, as that value is misleading due to Vdrop on some motherboards. I don't know what forums you visit, but on the major sites such as XtremeSystems, you see people posting overclocks based on true vcore values, not BIOS. I will not post my overclock as my BIOS vcore is far larger than my true idle and load vcore.

Well, I don't know. I've seen both being used and I was kind of tossing the idea between the idle CPU-Z vcore and the BIOS one. The former probably being more accurate and the latter seems more standardized.

As for the forums, I've actually seen both with the BIOS vcores being reported as BIOS vcores. The other values never seem to be very consistent, at least in reporting, however I'll go ahead and switch it up to idle CPU-Z vcore.

Just PM me the idle CPU-Z vcores to avoid clutter.

eh...rocky start. Oh well crap happens.

I actually have an account on XS, but I don't nor lurk too often because their non-overclocking related material tends to be.....bad. Their PSU manufacturer recommendation list being a good example...anyway off topic and my apologies for flipping the wrong side of the coin for the vcore.

Slight update to mine. Changed values are in bold.

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 3.68 GHz

Stepping: B

Vcore: 1.368

Cooling: Liquid - Koolance Exos-2

Motherboard: Asus P5E BIOS: 605

RAM: OCZ OCZ2RPR800C44GK 2 x 2GB

460MHz 5-5-5-15 2T

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=378446

post-60263-1214085175.png

Prime95 19+ hours stable.

post-60263-1214085151_thumb.png

Latest version as of June 21st, 2008 3:21PM PST

CHANGES: Updated DrDrrae's vcore and processor overclock.

Edited by -SHiFT-

...Just PM me the idle CPU-Z vcores to avoid clutter....

Or we could just update the vcores from the cpu-z screenshots that were included. That way they were actually for a reason other than "proof" :p

EDIT: unless they weren't all taken at idle... mine is 1.240V

Would probably be easier just to post your CPU-Z Vcore again, seeing as how this thread is now 6 pages long. Quite a bit of work going through six pages of posts to find a screenshot :p

Latest version as of June 21st, 2008 4:55PM

CHANGES: Updated utdarkviper's vcore.

I take my screenshots with Orthos still running, but I guess I can look through the submissions and see which ones had a stress test program running and which did not.

edit: Okay I quickly skimmed through and the screenshots with stress programs up were running and the CPU-Z only screenshots were not clarified.

So is the version that we have uploaded now accurate in terms of CPU-Z idle Vcore? Or do we need to send out a few PM's?

I believe we've only got CrashGordon's, utdarkviper's, santiagof4's, and mine being confirmed idle CPU-Z shots. I'll send out PMs then.

Alright.

Now the CPU-Z idle Vcore? Well... That is:

cpuzqo6.jpg

post-7648-1214155424.jpg

1.3625 BIOS

1.360 vdrop

1.352 vdroop

I'll be posting my information for my E4500 that is now running at 3GHz in a couple hours when the orthos 8 hour stress is done. In the meantime, check out this video of this guy's how to on how to overclock: http://youtube.com/watch?v=30aZHIpgcOY

It's hillarious. He just tells you what vcore to set it at without even having you try to find the minimum vcore you can run at and obviously has speedstep or something enabled (as you can see in CPU-Z), lowering his clock and raising it. He also uses ntune to check for stability and it's only using one core :laugh:

Awesome. :)

I'll update once you finish your stress test. Make sure you post your memory speeds (if they've changed at all cause I know a lot of people want to run 1:1)

I'll be posting my information for my E4500 that is now running at 3GHz in a couple hours when the orthos 8 hour stress is done. In the meantime, check out this video of this guy's how to on how to overclock: http://youtube.com/watch?v=30aZHIpgcOY

It's hillarious. He just tells you what vcore to set it at without even having you try to find the minimum vcore you can run at and obviously has speedstep or something enabled (as you can see in CPU-Z), lowering his clock and raising it. He also uses ntune to check for stability and it's only using one core :laugh:

Ha, I couldn't even keep watching it after he opened CPUz. He forgot to disable C1E and/or SpeedStep.

Running Speedstep is fine when you're overclocking actually. But most people turn it off anyway to reduce the potential of stability problems.

Yeah, I always have it off because I don't see any reason to have it on. I want to have my PC running full speed all of the time. My memory speed is gonna change, because I realized my new sticks that I bought a couple weeks ago that I have been using weren't stable at 792MHz so it's gonna be a little slower, but I'm not sure yet. I have to run memtest to find what speed I'm gonna set 'em at :)

EDIT: It would be kinda cool if we posted our superpi 1M digits times at our overclocked speed or something along with our posts just as a means of speed comparison. We would all have to use the original unmodified version so that it was equal, but I think it would be cool.

Edited by Citrusleak

We could start a superpi thread, but it doesn't really indicate that much in terms of real world performance. Anyway, this is primarily for reporting numbers, vcore, and FSB. Which reminds me shift, I think we should just have people clarify whether or not they want their FSB numbers published. I know you took the FSB from the overclocks posted, but they don't indicate the max FSB of the setups. 264 FSB from the P35-DS3L for example? I know the board has done 500 before..just looking at it in terms of usefulness.

I agree, let's just put a note on the first post saying to indicate whether or not they want their FSB posted (and whether or not it is the maximum FSB they have managed to attain on given chipset/motherboard).

Although I do think it's SOMEWHAT useful seeing the trend of FSBs across various chipsets.