[Review] OCZ X-750 Equalizer Laser Gaming Mouse

I recently decided to upgrade my trustly old Logitech Wheel Mouse I've had for over 5 years. I picked up this OCZ X-750 Equalizer Laser Gaming Mouse

Equalizer_D.jpg

I paid $19.99 (Canadian) on sale from $29.99

Features:

- 6 different DPI modes ranging from 400-2500 dpi which can be selected by a button just behind the scroll wheel. The scroll wheel glows different colors depending on the dpi setting you choose.

- 6 buttons. Left,right,middle, two thumb buttons and this "triple-threat" button, which essentially does a left click 3 times very fast.

- Dual-laser

- Nice grip for your thumb

- Thin, light cable.

- Gold-plated usb connector

- 6 year warranty from ocz

My Thoughts:

My first thought was, WOW. This mouse is a huge upgrade from my old Logitech (which I paid $35 for way back when). It tracks so smoothly and accurately without missing a beat. I simply couldn't believe how good this mouse is for only $19.99. I've tried your typical Logitech G5's and Razer Diamondback mice and the OCZ X-750 easily compares to those at half the price. I never did care for the look or feel of either of those mice.

The shape of the mouse is perfect for my hand. The weight is also spot on. The thin/light usb cable makes it feel like there's no cable at all, almost as close a wireless mouse. The overall construction is very solid (The last G5 I tried felt pretty cheap in comparison). I was expecting it might feel cheap given the price but was proven wrong.

On-the-fly dpi changing is great, but most decent gaming mice can do that these days.

The software is good for me. I don't need to set anything fancy. People who want to set macros and such will be disappointed here. The software doesn't do anything outside of configuring the buttons and scroll wheel.

My only regrets is that I only ordered one of these mice. My next order will definitely include another one or possibly even two. At $19.99...why not?

Conclusion:

If you told me you paid $50 for this mouse I would probably believe you. Sure the software sucks but I don't need or use it.

- Cheap ($19.99!!)

- Comfortable

- Great Weight

- Great Tracking

Here's two shot of the glowing scroll wheel. Orange @ 1200dpi, Green @ 800dpi:

post-253976-1213028000.jpg

post-253976-1213028007.jpg

My friend had this mouse. It's a nice mouse but one of his side buttons got pushed in and the blue paint where his index finger would sit wore off and there was a big silver spot after about 1-2 months of using it.

I think you'd have to push pretty hard to push the side buttons in. Mine are pretty solid. Can't say anything about the paint, I've only had the mouse for a week now.

OCZ makes gaming mice?!

I hear it's actually a rebranded A4Tech 750-BF...so they don't actually make the mice. :( A lot of brands do the same thing though. Ie. Microsoft/Logitech

It's still very nice though :)

• 3 weeks later...
My friend had this mouse. It's a nice mouse but one of his side buttons got pushed in and the blue paint where his index finger would sit wore off and there was a big silver spot after about 1-2 months of using it.

Just an update about this. I've had this mouse for a month now and there's absolutely no visible signs of wear or fading and all buttons still work like new.

It's probably the only mouse out there with an autofire function (Thats basically why people buy it).

Interesting, too bad it looks a little too tacky for my liking :(

Seconded. I can't stand the blue + glowing buttons. Thanks, but no thanks, I'm sticking with my G5 (Y). Nice review but you should add more content for example what you should be doing here is weighing the pros and cons. All I see here is all pros but where are the cons ? Good effort and keep it up (Y)

I have the A4Tech X-750BF, Its the same mouse but in a black and grey colour. After over 2 years use the only sign of wear is the logo rubing off slightly.

Its a great mouse, very responsive and for such a cheap feeling mouse its reliability and longevity make it better than most of the expensive models, but theres 3 big probs. Its too small for man-hands, Its very lightweight, and the triplefire button depending on the game and weapon selected doesnt always work.

However i paid ?14 for mine and in that pricepoint its by far the best mouse on the market and I would buy another if something happene to this one.

If they could make it Bigger and Heavier, itd be a winner

i had the A4tech(x750-bf) version of this mouse, literally the same exact mouse except for name and colors. great mouse, just a rather thin usb cable. the usb cable broke and i was unsuccesful in repairing it.

the "paint" is just screenwork and rubs right off. mine started peeling up at the edges and wearing thin were my fingers rested.

• 4 weeks later...

now, if only you could remap that silly triple threat button to something more useful! it looks like a very neat position for an extra button, most other mice have their extra buttons on the sides etc but this is right next to your index finger