FireFox 3 accumulating tabs

I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem I am, as I cannot find any topics on the matter, but when I load a set of tabs they works just as they do in FF2. However if I load a second set of tabs FF2 would close the existing ones and load the new ones. FireFox 3 simply adds to the existing tabs bringing the browser to a crawl. Is there an new option to stop it from doing this or am I just bugging out?

Running FireFox 3 final on Windows XP SP3.

Not really sure what you're trying to explain, but my Pentium D with 2GB RAM rarely ever slows down with a lot of tabs open. And on average I usually have about 20 tabs open in Firefox.

If I have a bookmarks folder with five sites and click "Open in tabs" it opens them in tabs. If I go to another folder and do the same thing under FireFox 2 it would overlap the existing tabs (no matter how few or many) and load just those new tabs. In FireFox 3 it adds the new tabs to the existing ones. Something I do not like at all because I have to manually drop the browser down to a single open page every time I want to open a new set of tabs (Ironically it overlaps a single open window but not when any amount of tabs are present).

If I can't figure out how to get it to behave like FF2, I'm just going to uninstall. Which is a shame because I like FF3.

This change seem to have been done "By Design". See here, here, and here. The old functionality was removed because it was destructive and couldn't be reversed. If you want it back, TabMixPlus has added this functionality.

Edited by cyberbeing

You can make it work like in Firefox 2 going to "about:config" and double clicking on "browser.tabs.loadFolderAndReplace". Make sure its value is "false" after doing so.

Sorry for my english :p

Edit: uh sorry, actually it doesn't work exactly like in Firefox 2...

This change seem to have been done "By Design". See here, here, and here. The old functionality was removed because it was destructive and couldn't be reversed. If you want it back, TabMixPlus has added this functionality.

TabMixPlus doesn't work on FireFox 3.

You can make it work like in Firefox 2 going to "about:config" and double clicking on "browser.tabs.loadFolderAndReplace". Make sure its value is "false" after doing so.

Sorry for my english :p

Edit: uh sorry, actually it doesn't work exactly like in Firefox 2...

That didn't work either, true and false settings give the same result. Additional tabs instead of replaced tabs.