Will there be a C&C Generals Demo?

• 4 weeks later...
Well the game is out so why do you want a demo of it...

The thread was started Feb 12th... Due to what recently happened with neowin it is displayed as recently since all threads and such were lost... and Feb 12th, I guess is the last one they were able to save.. :p

The thread was started Feb 12th... Due to what recently happened with neowin it is displayed as recently since all threads and such were lost... and Feb 12th, I guess is the last one they were able to save.. :p

We lost too many posts with this... kind of sucks, but at least we are back...

Probably not, knowing Westwood/EA Pacific.

For the many people out there who think Westwood Studios made this game, they didn't!

You can tell this because:

1. Westwood Studios logos and copyright do not appear in the game.

2. The game engine is good but the storyline is not involving and not realistic (its just not a C&C game, regardless of the title).

EA Pacific developed this game and they should have just called it Generals, it does not add anything significant to the brand and the engine looks almost indentical to that used in Emperor: Battle for Dune and at least in that game the engine was optimised!

For the many people out there who think Westwood Studios made this game, they didn't!

You can tell this because:

1. Westwood Studios logos and copyright do not appear in the game.

2. The game engine is good but the storyline is not involving and not realistic (its just not a C&C game, regardless of the title).

EA Pacific developed this game and they should have just called it Generals, it does not add anything significant to the brand and the engine looks almost indentical to that used in Emperor: Battle for Dune and at least in that game the engine was optimised!

Dude, I know that, that would be why I said "knowing Westwood/EA Pacific".

I've been in the C&C community since it started and have worked at a million sites (currently only cncgenerals.com), trust me, I know :)

And, the engine is NOT even close to identical to the Emperor engine. I have both installed right now, nothing the same. And, for a little history for you -- technically EA Pacific was Westwood. It was Westwood Pacific, the team that made both RA2 and YR. :)