[Official] Diablo III

They should have waited 2 years to show this game, maybe it wouldn't look like ass then. So far this is Diablo 2 with polish.

Lol, heaven forbide the game doesn't have visuals on par with Crysis :| Honestly, the transition to full 3D is great, and the fact that it will run on just about any modern PC is a plus. Game looks good, not to mention it's still early in development. Everyone knows graphics are the last items to be optimized...

Lol, heaven forbide the game doesn't have visuals on par with Crysis :| Honestly, the transition to full 3D is great, and the fact that it will run on just about any modern PC is a plus. Game looks good, not to mention it's still early in development. Everyone knows graphics are the last items to be optimized...

I'm just saying that they should have treated this game like Square Enix treats Final Fantasy, let nothing out until 6 months before release so everything is pretty much polished at that point and not a product that is obviously an alpha and won't be coming out for several years.

I think it looks great, personally :|

Not sure what people are complaining about.

Ditto. I mean, compared to D2 it's a major step up. But i like the simplicity and i already know that it's early in development so i expect the graphics to improve...but a real Diablo fan loves the game for the story and gameplay, not the graphics. I mean, how else could Diablo 2 have been as popular as it was and still is...

I'm just saying that they should have treated this game like Square Enix treats Final Fantasy, let nothing out until 6 months before release so everything is pretty much polished at that point and not a product that is obviously an alpha and won't be coming out for several years.

why?

Honestly, people care too much about the most shallow things.

Agreed with what is being said here. I think that the visuals look superb and are perfect for Diablo III. I didn't want anything more showy than it already looks!

I've never played any of the Diablo games but I keep hearing how amazing they were. I'll have to get into it with D3 :D

Surely you aren't talking about the same Square Enix that announced Final Fantasy 13 back in 2006 and still has no confirmed release date?

Really glad it was Diablo 3 announced. The game play looks awesome and I loved the cinematic trailer.

Hope it comes out sometime this year, really cannot wait.

OMG... this is going to be so amazing...

my 3 favorite games of all time:

1. Final Fantasy VII

2. Zelda: Ocarina of Time

3. Diablo II

I cannot wait for this to come out!

Guys don't start talking about graphics..

We from the 80s and 90s, played Super Mario, Tetris, Sonic, etc..

In that time the most important part was Gameplay and in the final of the 90s and 200*s most kids where born when graphics where the AD of the game..

So we dinosaurs players should just let the kids talk about graphics..

It's not there fault, they just didn't experience what gameplay was all about in the 80s and 90s :)

They where born on PS and XBOX age, where the AD's and review where most about graphics ;)

Imagine if most kids had to play Super Mario from SNES ( for the kids this mean Super Nintendo Entertainment System ) ;)

PS: Oh my... I just remembered that shotgun that we connected to SNES and pointed it to the TV.. I was shooting ducks on TV in the beginning of the 90s, and that was just some bunch of pixels trying to pass for a duck.. lol

Edited by Digitalfox

And now I'm gonna have to put some mustard on my foot and put it in my mouth and shut LOL.

I was all skeptical about that splash evolution turning into a D3 announcement, but hey, here it is, yay for the Diablo series fans, I have to admit, between WoW:WoTLK, SC2, D3, I seriously doubt that I'm gonna get my degree :unsure:

Guys don't start talking about graphics..

We from the 80s and 90s, played Super Mario, Tetris, Sonic, etc..

In that time the most important part was Gameplay and in the final of the 90s and 200*s most kids where born when graphics where the AD of the game..

So we dinosaurs players should just let the kids talk about graphics..

It's not there fault, they just didn't experience what gameplay was all about in the 80s and 90s :)

They where born on PS and XBOX age, where the AD's and review where most about graphics ;)

Imagine if most kids had to play Super Mario from SNES ( for the kids this mean Super Nintendo Entertainment System ) ;)

PS: Oh my... I just remembered that shotgun that we connected to SNES and pointed it to the TV.. I was shooting ducks on TV in the beginning of the 90s, and that was just some bunch of pixels trying to pass for a duck.. lol

ahhh back in the days....

we had an atari when i was a kid, but i dont have any memories playing it.

i remember shooting the ducks point blank for hours with my brother one time.

I used to cheat on that game when the ducks start to fly faster and with weirdly moves hahaha =b

I remember myself playing with the gun an inch away from the tv, hahahah, cant say you didnt!, everybody did! :p

I was hoping I could pay and download DII off blizzards site but it looks like you have to buy a hard copy. :(

I wanna get a new javazon. Etheral titans ftw. !

i was worried about this :/

it's just a 2.5D version of WoW. disappointing :no:

Why change something that was good, just improve on it. We already have a 3D type of that world. I can't wait for this to come out!

I'd liike to avoid personal attacks here..... could the "uncultured gentlemen" please stop using the phrase "2.5D", that is unless they can come up with a scientific explanation of how anything, anything at all, could ever possibly use only half a dimension? Thank you.

I'd liike to avoid personal attacks here..... could the "uncultured gentlemen" please stop using the phrase "2.5D", that is unless they can come up with a scientific explanation of how anything, anything at all, could ever possibly use only half a dimension? Thank you.

Welcome to the magical Internet, where women fist each other and there's half dimensions.

i was worried about this :/

it's just a 2.5D version of WoW. disappointing :no:

Name the last time Blizzard put out a game that wasn't a massive success? Heck, just name one.