Is there a specific server that the majority of Neowin members frequent? It would be nice to have a Neowin server for TF2 and other games.

I've been getting a lot of play time as Pyro, Demoman, Medic and Huntsman Sniper. It's really fun to play, I usually play on a 24/7 Dustbowl server. I am learning how to play effectively, what loadouts to use, choosing a class that helps the team. I wish I didn't have such poor coordination in my hands and fingers as it really makes it a pain to play sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...

Some new unknown items were introduced in today's patch. For example:

http://wiki.teamfort...iki/Banana_Peel

http://wiki.teamfort...m/wiki/Goldfish

http://wiki.teamfort...iki/Pocket_Lint

Might be another leadup to a Steam sale event.

pretty clear to see what they are for.. and its "crafting ingredients" based on the item data. These were from a client side only patch which means they won't have models (at least not yet) as servers were not required to update to get the game data. My assumption is you will need one of each to craft something special thru the custom crafting boxes.

Some new unknown items were introduced in today's patch. For example:

http://wiki.teamfort...iki/Banana_Peel

http://wiki.teamfort...m/wiki/Goldfish

http://wiki.teamfort...iki/Pocket_Lint

Might be another leadup to a Steam sale event.

They come with every other drop now. If you find something you'll find at least one of those with it. People are saying it's relating to Mann vs Machine because "6/23" and "MvM" are visible on one of the models. If they're right, that update is coming on Friday then, and it could be the update we're all expecting. It might even include Meet the Pyro, in which case you can also expect any Pyro unusuals you have to have their prices shoot through the roof. If you're interested in making a killing on the market I'm expecting people to be throwing themselves at strange flamethrowers with all they've got.

Since getting my Strange Sydney Sleeper I seem to have had a lot of luck with picking up Stranges and generally getting into the weapon markets. Because I helped a guy on Reddit with crosshair problems, I received a Strange Equalizer. I managed to get a Genuine Diamondback for a knockdown price, despite not even knowing how much it was worth. I was given a Strange Direct Hit for free by a guy who wanted rid of the five he had, and I found someone willing to trade a Strange Natascha for spreadsheet prices with me. Then I went off and bought a Genuine Pilotka and (just today) a Strange Family Business. I don't remember how but I also managed to get a Vintage Natascha as well.

All I need to do now is get my hands on a Genuine Stahlhelm and I'll have both Red Orchestra 2 hats. Since they're my most wanted hats, I can only try a little harder to get them. Since they're about 1.66 each I might need to get lucky and pick it up from a trade server. Balancing trading and normal gameplay has been a very interesting experience, not to mention very enjoyable. Getting my hands on the gear I want has been a challenge since I have some weird taste in weapons. Nevertheless, I'm going to try for it. Team Fortress 2 is incredibly addictive. I never expected it to be.

It's actually Morse code, short and long Mmmph decode to Monday

Aahhh, clever.

For those who want to know, the song is The Lovin' Spoonful - Do You Believe In Magic?

That was one crazy video. Half awesome, half insane.

Video aside, my favorite part was Source Filmmaker. Now that looks fantastic! I'm sure I won't get an invite for awhile, though. :(

So did anyone else notice that they still didn't tell us whether or not the Pyro is male or female? The other characters continued to refer to the Pyro as he, but the song indicated that it was a girl.

The Scout referred to the Pyro as a freak, so maybe the Pyro is both? Or is a girl trapped in a boys body? Or what?! So confused.

That... was mind boggling. :s

Almost Pixar like.

Perhaps the whole lalaland (MLP? :p) crossover plays on the continuing male (fire and death) and female (flowers, babies, pyro's purse and crazy hats) confusion. The 'male' part was just brutal though!

In typical Valve trolling style, this video adds more confusion than explanation.

Seems there were a few changes of note too.

Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)

• Added ConVars sv_rcon_maxpacketsize and sv_rcon_maxpacketbans to allow server admins to control the maximum RCON packet size and whether or not users get banned for exceeding that limit. The defaults reflect the existing behavior.
  • Fixed not being able to import custom spray images on Macs
  • Fixed Macs cancelling http map downloads that take longer than 30 seconds

Team Fortress 2

• Added Pyrovision!
  • Added new game mode Special Delivery and map Doomsday!
  • Friendly players glow when carrying the flag
  • Fixed rare cases where flag could fall out of the world
  • Fixed cases where the Payload HUD looked like the cart is still on a hill when it isn't
  • Fixed cases where some clients didn't receive broadcasts about long continuous particle effects being started or stopped
  • Updated the HTML renderer for displaying server MOTD
  • Votes created by a dedicated server no longer trigger a failed vote cooldown
  • Fixed map triggered annotation events not working on dedicated servers
  • Fixed the game crashing if tempents are created that use invalid materials
  • Using a Name Tag while in game notifies everyone of the name change
  • Fixed Strange Part: Projectiles Reflected not tracking grenade and sentry rocket deflections
  • Added new items

[*]Weapon balancing changes

• Gloves of Running Urgently
      • Removed self-damage over time penalty
      • Heavy takes mini-crits while active and for 3 seconds after switching away
      • Attack damage penalty reduced from -50% to -25%

[*]Tomislav

• Spin-up speed bonus reduced from +40% to +10%

[*]Quick-Fix

• Medic mirrors blast jump of their heal target

[*]Crusader's Crossbow

• Reload speed time reduced by +40%

[*]Cozy Camper

• Regenerates 1 heath per second
      • Reduced movement penalty from -90% to -80%

[*]Sticky Jumper and Rocket Jumper

• Added 'flying' sound to blast jumps

[*]The Concheror

• Changed rage building source from "damage done and damage received" to only "damage done"
      • Increased the rate at which Rage builds for this item by +25%

[*]The Equalizer

• Removed player move speed modification and added it to a new item named The Escape Plan
      • All owners of the Equalizer will be automatically granted The Escape Plan

[*]Crit-a-Cola

• Added +25% increased movement speed while active
      • Increased duration from 6 to 8 seconds

[*]Atomic Bonk

• Increased duration from 6 to 8 seconds

[*]All Flamethrowers

• Increased base damage by +10%.

[*]Backburner

• Removed +10% damage bonus attribute
      • Note: Because of base damage increase, damage remains unchanged

[*]Degreaser

• Added -10% damage penalty attribute
      • Note: Because of base damage increase, damage remains unchanged

[*]Phlogistinator

• Damage defense while taunting reduced from -90% to -75%

[*]Item bug fixes

• Fixed sentry sometimes spawning in shielded mode while the Wrangler was equipped, but not deployed
    • Improved visual and audio cues for when the Manmelter is ready to fire
    • Fixed Manmelter being able to earn crits via friendly Pyro self-damage
    • Fixed Scotch Bonnet's blue team skin not showing
    • Fixed Unarmed Combat's taunt not working
    • Unarmed Combat's color now matches the team using it
    • Fixed the Apparition's Aspect showing a burning texture in DX8

Undocumented Changes

• Added Scorch Shot
  • Added Scorched Crates
  • Added 12 new Doomsday achievements
  • Added 4 new General Achivements related to Pyrovision (The Great Deflate, Bff², Mass Hysteria, A Fresh Pair of Eyes)
  • Added the Gentle Munitionne of Leisure as an achievement reward for Doomsday.
  • Added new equip regions, 'scout or heavy shirt' and 'left shoulder'
    • Updated Fast Learner equip region to 'scout or heavy shirt'

[*]Brain Parasites are now credited as being assisted by the player on unassisted kills.

• Pocket Buddies are now credited with assists on unassisted kills.

Good thing i'm not much of a tf2 fan anymore. Otherwise i may have been disappointed with the last "meet the" video being as terrible as that was after waiting so long for it.

I personally think it was great for many reasons.

It shows the Pyro is psychotic and insane. As well as keeping its anonymity and not revealing any identity at all. Yet it was entertaining and funny. Yes it may not have been as epic or as long as say, the Medic, but that's because there's no dialogue, or any sort of character story to show.

hey the entire "gurl theory" was said by me........i think valve might have thought it thru and decided that it wasnt the time that they gave the pyro a sex.......

It shows the Pyro is psychotic and insane

What do you mean psychotic and insane? Whenever I drive around I see the world the same way! :p

If you look in the Advanced Settings you can enable Pyrovision for when you're spectating. I have to try this but it sounds like it should be a laugh. The Quick-Fix sounds pretty decent but the Tomislav really doesn't sound too good anymore in these nerfs. :/

If you look in the Advanced Settings you can enable Pyrovision for when you're spectating. I have to try this but it sounds like it should be a laugh. The Quick-Fix sounds pretty decent but the Tomislav really doesn't sound too good anymore in these nerfs. :/

The Quick Fix buff is hilarious. Flying Medics everywhere!

The stock Minigun was superior to Tomislav before this, now it is by a mile.

The Quick Fix buff is hilarious. Flying Medics everywhere!

I haven't tried the Quick-Fix after the buff yet, but I think this is the motivation I need. I always felt the Tomislav was better for long range, even if that isn't where the Heavy is meant to be. Still, I'll continue to use Natascha as my main Heavy weapon since the speed reduction is the ultimate anti-Scout measure.

Hats off to Valve, they never fail to find ways to make the game more ridiculous than it already is.

Pyrovision is a riot. Love how they changed domination/revenge strings to "IS BEST FRIENDS WITH" and "BROKE UP WITH" :rofl: I'm not sure if Pyrovision is compatible with silly gibs (edit: they're turned on in Pyrovision) in the brief time I tested the game I wasn't able to capture flying gibs, but instead "sleeping" bodies with pixie dust flying out of them.

Oh and my piles of ash turned into the lollychop, and two scorched crates which in turn revealed the hazmat headcase (looks like the TFC pyro btw) and the liquator's lid.

The tomislav was brutal when first released, but yeah since then the stock minigun is more effective in most cases bar surprise ambushes.

The tomislav was brutal when first released, but yeah since then the stock minigun is more effective in most cases bar surprise ambushes.

At present, the Beggar's Bazooka is incredibly OP, since you can easily take down heavies and medics with relative ease. Bombing medics is even easier, just jump with a rocket, then load while you're flying. Medic won't know what hit him.

I quite like this new game mode! I never was a CTF fan, but this CP, CTF mix provides quite an enjoyable challenge. I might even start playing this regularly!

I think the Escape Plan is better than the Equalizer. It is the new upgraded stock Shovel because it does the same base and crit damage as the shovel but you get speed from the old Equalizer. I am geting a lot of crit kills with it.

For the whole Pyromania thing, the pyro didnt get the best weapons out of the other classes. The Scorch Shot and reskins that can only be seen in Pyrovision is not that great. :/