LMAO at the new 'weapon' and achievements! (see here) (look up)

Valve's gone nutty with Russians and communism. :laugh:

Oh this will be hilarious fun, in sudden death on the IO Gaming 2fort 32man server we tend to all go heavy.

Hilarious sight is 16 heavies running across bridge biggrin.gif

The server I play on randomizes the class in sudden death. It's either heavies, pyros, or demomen (and probably others as well).

Examples:

802fe03e0dc516c895d288be9acef3054g.jpg

c1bb73e1b58e5562c1266c1e9d7054124g.jpg

Edited by rm20010

Just saw this on a Steam forum thread. If you view the file name of the achievement icons, it gives a description of what each achievement requires.

LMAO at the new 'weapon' and achievements! (see here) (look up)

Valve's gone nutty with Russians and communism. :laugh:

Indeed, I can't even figure out how those achievements, such as "sandvich", are unlocked :laugh: !

Scirwode

Edited by Scirwode

Indeed, I can't even figure out how those achievements, such as "sandvich" are unlocked :laugh: !

Scirwode

If you read the name of the icon, it says "Kill Scouts," so I'd assume you have to kill a certain number of Scouts to get the achievement.

The achievement that just caught my attention is "Konspicuous Konsumption". The file name is "Eat a sandwich" so I'm thinking that may be a new taunt?

The achievement that just caught my attention is "Konspicuous Konsumption". The file name is "Eat a sandwich" so I'm thinking that may be a new taunt?

Let me guess.

The scout stole the (knocked out) heavy's sandwich in Meet the Scout while trying to grab a control point. So the achievement is... kill X amount of scouts defending a control point? :laugh:

I found a better list than the one I created...

1. Iron Kurtain - heavy_damage_taken
  2. Party Loyalty - heavy_defend_medic.png
  3. Division of Labor - heavy_assist_medic_large
  4. Red Oktoberfest - heavy_earn_medic_domination
  5. Show Trial - heavy_kill_taunt
  6. Crime and Punishment - heavy_kill_flag_carriers
  7. Class Struggle - heavy_kill_medic_pair
  8. Soviet Block - heavy_block_invuln_heavy
  9. Stalin the Kart - heavy_block_cart
  10. Supreme Soviet - heavy_receive_uber_grind
  11. Factory Worker - heavy_stand_near_dispenser
  12. Soviet Union - heavy_assist_heavy_grind
  13. 0wn The Means of Production - heavy_clear_stickybombs
  14. Krazy Ivan - heavy_kill_underwater
  15. Rasputin - heavy_take_multi_damage
  16. Icing on the Cake - heavy_kill_dominated
  17. Crock Block - heavy_survive_crocket
  18. Kollectivization - heavy_assist_grind
  19. Spyalectical Materialism - heavy_uncover_spies
  20. Permanent Revolution - heavy_kill_while_spinup
  21. Heavy Industry - heavy_fire_lots
  22. Communist Mani-Fisto - heavy_kill_crit_punch
  23. Redistribution of Health - heavy_heal_medkits
  24. Rationing - heavy_kill_shotgun
  25. Vanguard Party - heavy_first_to_cap
  26. Pushkin the Kart - heavy_payload_cap_grind
  27. Marxman - heavy_kill_midair_minigun
  28. Gorky Parked - heavy_defend_control_point
  29. Purge - heavy_kill_capping_enemies
  30. Lenin a Hand - heavy_revenge_assist
  31. Five Second Plan - heavy_teleport_fast_kill
  32. Photostroika - heavy_freezecam_taunt
  33. Konspicuous Konsumption - heavy_eat_sandwiches
  34. Don't Touch Sandvich - heavy_kill_scouts
  35. Borscht Belt - heavy_kill_heavies_gloves

I was talking with some guys on the server I regular and the weapons are, other than the gloves:

Shotgun replaced with Lunchbox. The lunchbox contains a sandwich that restores health.

The minigun unlock is another minigun that does 25% less damage, but when the bullets hit the target, they are slowed by 50%.

If those are true, they are rather interesting, but I was hoping for a long range gun.

lol lunch box, it will be hilarious to see a heavy running around with a lunch box in the middle of a firefight.

I can see it now, an ubered heavy rolls in minigun firing and then the click of death. Thinking he has a shotgun, switches to that weapon slot only to pull out a sandwich and start munching while everyone is firing at him.

lol lunch box, it will be hilarious to see a heavy running around with a lunch box in the middle of a firefight.
I can see it now, an ubered heavy rolls in minigun firing and then the click of death. Thinking he has a shotgun, switches to that weapon slot only to pull out a sandwich and start munching while everyone is firing at him.

:laugh: !!

Been a long time since a game's so full of ROFLs.

:rofl:

Scirwode

Lots of those sound fairly easy tbh, even more than the Pyro's

Well you have no idea how many times you'll have to do each achievement so if heavy_kill_scouts means kill 1000 scouts, that won't be very easy.

I've just realised that my stats are not being updated at all. I've just finished a satisfying game of me going crazy with a Heavy accumulating up to 120 points and my highest is still my engineer, which is 23 and has been stuck like that for the past two months. I've only noticed because most of the time I get low points so to see my points not being registered does make me a bit sad. Anyway I can rectify this?

Scirwode

try giving valve an email, maybe they can help you

but you could try deleting the Clientreg.blob AND the AppUpdateStats.blob files, as that solved a similar problem i had a few weeks back

try giving valve an email, maybe they can help you

but you could try deleting the Clientreg.blob AND the AppUpdateStats.blob files, as that solved a similar problem i had a few weeks back

Alright, I give that a try. Where are they located?

Scirwode

Alright, I give that a try. Where are they located?

Scirwode

Your Steam folder, beside steam.exe.

A Heavy Update: Badwater Basin

Badwater Basin is a Payload map focusing on more open spaces and less chokepoints than Gold Rush. (A) Right out of the gate is a multi-level area where the Blu team needs to control the high ground while moving the cart through a tunnel below. This open area has few natural choke points, allowing Scouts, Soldiers, and Demomen to move creatively through the space, forcing the Red team to rapidly respond to choices made by Blu. (B) As the track winds its way into tighter spaces, vertical control becomes more important. Each successive checkpoint requires the Blu team to take control of defensive positions above the track, usually occupied by Red Engineers. ? Eventually the track winds down and a large basin which the Blu team must assault from all sides in a final push to destroy the Red base.

Unlike Gold Rush, where the track is split into three separate stages, Badwater Basin uses a single large stage with several checkpoints. As a result, the Blu team is highly encouraged to push the cart hard after beating their way through the Red defensive line.

20rl4bc.jpg nv79km.jpg f4fhqe.jpg

'snip'

A Heavy Update: Badwater Basin

I'm glad they have a new Payload map, I was getting really tired of Goldrush. This one seems like it will be fun, lots of open space to roam around. The only problem (for me as a medic) is the open environments mean Sniper and Spy heaven. With walls I can at least keep my back to one to prevent an easy backstab, but Snipers will have free reign.

I definitely can't way to play it though.

This shall be interesting. I really like goldrush but the chokepoints do annoy me, especially as the majority of games don't get passed the first stage. Seems like a good time to brush up on my sniper skills. :D