Team Fortress 2

official fps team fortress 2 valve pc xbox 360 ps3

5949 replies to this topic

#5926 xendrome

xendrome

In God We Trust; All Others We Monitor

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 16 August 2012 - 16:05

Has this game just gotten totally off track and insane... I mean I get the whole making money on items part, but half of the stuff in it now isn't traditional to the game. I stopped playing it a few months ago, just over it I guess..

#5927 Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Win 8.1 Pro, iOS7, OSX 10.7, Ubuntu/WinXP system Died the Good Death

Posted 16 August 2012 - 16:59

Basically all you get is some cosmetic items. If you don't care about those, then you don't have to pay for it.

i dont see anywhere where it says cosmetic.

When you complete an entire ToDB, you'll receive a random rare item reward and an upgraded ToDB of a higher rank, allowing you to complete each Mission again to earn more items.

Mann Up Mode allows you to earn special item rewards and track your progress through various Missions

The FAQ is the only place i got what man up mode is, is there another location that says what rewards are given. as i have rarely gotten hat's from TF2, i mostly get upgraded weapons and gear ( sniper Bow, Baseball bat, sandvich, etc, etc )

and the rewards are only given on the Official Servers accessed by Tickets, not the regular

think i found it in the Bounty section, but its vague

Mann Up Mode will get you rare item drops that respectfully commemorate your war against the robots by draping pieces of them on yourself

#5928 giantpotato

giantpotato

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 August 2012 - 18:21

It says right in the FAQ they're only cosmetic.

Q: Do the new items earned in Mann Up Mode affect gameplay?
No. All items unique to Mann Up Mode are cosmetic. They are equippable throughout all of TF2, and are tradable.

#5929 Kenji

Kenji

Rather Fruity..

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:49

I've got an MVM server here if anyone wants to play: 94.168.103.217:27015

It's UK based

#5930 Jeroen S.

Jeroen S.

Neowinian Vigilante

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:07

Has this game just gotten totally off track and insane... I mean I get the whole making money on items part, but half of the stuff in it now isn't traditional to the game. I stopped playing it a few months ago, just over it I guess..

I know what you mean. I was playing it almost every day 2 years ago and back then it was loads of fun with only a few custom weapons. Though after a while I lost interest in the game due to all the weapon updates and whatnot. It was more fun when it was "simple". Though right now I'm playing it every now and then with only vanilla weapons.

#5931 Doli

Doli

Goo ball

Posted 17 August 2012 - 20:04

Posted Image
http://penny-arcade....omic/2012/08/17

#5932 spy beef

spy beef

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 August 2012 - 19:29

I spent $9.00 on Tour of Duty tickets, and so far I've spent 20+ hours on MvM, and I have yet to finish all the missions.

A movie ticket, $10, only gives you around 3 hours of entertainment, while $9.00 on TF2 give you around 20+ hours of entertainment. I hope Valve continues this mode of business going forward for all their games; it's well worth it.

#5933 sava700

sava700

• Phone: nice phone

Posted 20 August 2012 - 19:37

I spent $9.00 on Tour of Duty tickets, and so far I've spent 20+ hours on MvM, and I have yet to finish all the missions.

A movie ticket, $10, only gives you around 3 hours of entertainment, while $9.00 on TF2 give you around 20+ hours of entertainment. I hope Valve continues this mode of business going forward for all their games; it's well worth it.

you just compared oranges with apples. People fail to see the bigger issue here or issues in general. Lets start off with they release a large update at the end of the week then fail to support it thru the whole weekend - basically 3 days of crashing servers that are running anything BUT MvM. This issue alone raises suspicions that they did it on purpose to get more sales on their tickets for those "Official" servers that they must be used on - also controlled and run by Valve. I run a few servers and I have to say I'm more than p1ssed cause I've lost so many players and impressions from players on each of them that I stand to lose a bunch of money even over 3 days (so far). You shouldn't have to purchase tickets to play this mode in this way if you purchased the game - just plain and simple!

Those items "strange" in quality are being trade for so much its unreal, my other guess here and I've been right a lot lately is since they haven't released a crate for the last month or more that you can bet the next few crates will have these strange weapons in them which will really p1ssed off players.

But regardless, for a company like this to release an update that breaks nearly everything else with the game then go home for the weekend is unacceptable.

#5934 Doli

Doli

Goo ball

Posted 20 August 2012 - 21:51

I dont think you can compare the two since you dont have to pay to get hours of entertainment in TF2. You are only paying for accessories not hours. I have played and finished all the missions except Mannworks on endurance. The only way to keep it from getting boring is to try diffrent stats on weapons. Beggar's Bazooka with fast reload and extra clips maxed out is crazy with the buff banner. I wish i could max out everything on the Bazooka, faster firing speed, fast projectile speed, quick reload, extra clips (can hold up to 11 rockets), extra ammo, extrea damage, and health on kills would be insane. If you dont like the Bazooka use the black box or direct hit, there is little reason to use the standard rocket launcher if you can add extra clips to the black box to fire more than 3 shots before reloading and It feels like the Direct Hit has a bigger blast radius on MvM.

#5935 Steve B.

Steve B.

Neowinian British One

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Apple iPhone 4S

Posted 20 August 2012 - 21:52

I don't plan on spending money on these Tour of Duty tickets etc. I'm just playing the Boot Camp mode, and having fun.

#5936 Doli

Doli

Goo ball

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:30

So a regular in the server I play in wanted to do the Mann up mission and gave out tickets for people who wanted to join. I got a ticket and bought a voucher for the game so everyone gets an extra item as a thank you and another person used a voucher also. At the end of the game I got default pin that keeps track of how many mission you completed, Mad Milk, Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol, and Nessie's Nine Iron........ Wow regular items, did not expect that. I was thinking it would only be the new misc stuff and maybe the new weapons or hats if im lucky. Only one person got a hat everything else was regular weapons no new MvM stuff at all.

Good one Gabe :/

#5937 Xtreme2damax

Xtreme2damax

Master of Everything

Posted 08 September 2012 - 19:40

I would like to get a team together for Mann-Up mode. I have six ToD tickets and six squad surplus vouchers, one for each mission and that means for each mission completed everyone gets an item drop. Anyone that would like to participate must have ToD tickets, add me on Steam: http://steamcommunit...Xtreme2damax21/

#5938 +riahc3

riahc3

Neowin's most indecisive member

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: HTC Desire Z

Posted 30 October 2013 - 14:59

Hello,

This game is perfectly fun to play free.......The hours Ive spend building is increible.

Sorry for the long bump; Just looking something for TF2 and came across this page :)

#5939 +riahc3

riahc3

Neowin's most indecisive member

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: HTC Desire Z

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:41

Hello,

Is there a reason I find backstabbing while cloaked so difficult (PC)? I see people backstabbing like crazy but uncloaking is so difficult and I think people even do it faster than me (Steam forums says there is no say to cloak/uncloak faster).

Expert spies, pitch in!

#5940 +Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi

"You were the chosen one!"

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:20

Recently went premium (hate to bump antique threads), but I have yet to receive anything good. The best thing I've been able to trade for is a strange lollichop, and it sucks. Badly. I'm loving the trade system so far, though...I'm out of item drops until this Thursday. :'(

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!