Interview at Best Buy

There used to be a website called bestbuysucks.com or something where it showed the dislikes and work environment from best buy employees. I remember reading it a few years back... I hope you have a totally opposite experience.

• 2 weeks later...

You got problems if people are focusing on your shoes at Best Buy. I've seen nice shoes and I've also seen crummy sneakers there, too. I think whatever is most comfortable for you should be what you wear.

Heres a tip for a good interview. Say to yourself "God, isn't it horrible enough that I have to get a job at Worst Buy, much less get interviewed by some fat slob? This is a huge imposition, but whatever I can do to make this place better." and you'll do fine. :D

• 1 month later...

I am also interviewing for Best Buy but with the Geek Squad, I am well adept at computer repair and adding software and removing spyware etc.... but I don't have any certifaction i.e A+ Has anyone taken the CIATA or Geek Squad Interview Test should I be worried? I am not asking for the answers just a general idea of what is on the test.

How did you get your foot in the door? I've heard it's near impossible to actually get a job at Best Buy, and that the online app is useless :/

I did the online app then went to the store with a copy of my resume and told them I just filled out the online app and wanted to drop off my resume which had more detail and put a face with the name.

My interview wasn't for Geek Squad, but as far as I know as long as you know your hardware/software and how to trouble shoot easy Windows problems they'll hire you. Just make sure you dress up to all your interviews, if you don't, you probably won't get hired. ;)

I applied via the online application system too and was called in for an interview few days after that. :yes: My interviewer was very nice and I breezed through and was hired by the GM.

My interview wasn't for Geek Squad, but as far as I know as long as you know your hardware/software and how to trouble shoot easy Windows problems they'll hire you. Just make sure you dress up to all your interviews, if you don't, you probably won't get hired. ;)

I applied via the online application system too and was called in for an interview few days after that. :yes: My interviewer was very nice and I breezed through and was hired by the GM.

Woo!!

• 1 month later...
How did you get your foot in the door? I've heard it's near impossible to actually get a job at Best Buy, and that the online app is useless :/

on the test have to STRONGLY_(dis)agree

I am also interviewing for Best Buy but with the Geek Squad, I am well adept at computer repair and adding software and removing spyware etc.... but I don't have any certifaction i.e A+ Has anyone taken the CIATA or Geek Squad Interview Test should I be worried? I am not asking for the answers just a general idea of what is on the test.

here you go that is the cia(geek squad interview guids has everything on it hahehehehe :shiftyninja:

www.consumerist.com/assets/resources/CIA_interviewguide.pdf don't take it all to heart but just use it as a study guide of what .

CIA_interviewguide.pdf

just a fyi, sell them your selling ability if you want geeksquad. Worked there for over a year now and my initial interview they put me in PCHO, i was more certified than any other "agent" there but i was stuck in PCHO, they want a salesman first than a tech.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, Circaflex is correct. All GS members are salespersons first and foremost. As far as hiring goes since its holiday season, as long as you do not do something overly incorrect, you should get the job. They are hiring like crazy at this time of the year, as with most retailers :yes:

You have to score a certain % on the online test in order for them to interview you or call you for an interview. If your under that % you will not even be considered.