? February 2009

Developer:

? Guerrilla Games

Online details:

? 32 Players

Killzone2_MP_Running.gif

Killzone2_E3Trailer-HD1080.gif

Edited by Audioboxer

I like the sound of it, but I'll wait until I can play it to say anything... a lot of games like this end up not delivering, such as Crysis's multiplayer.

More screencaps from the trailer,

2ntbn5x.jpg

r057js.jpg

2q1v4hd.jpg

2wegwnb.jpg

20hlq2f.jpg

2414az8.jpg

30rqjyx.jpg

4j23ow.jpg

1zdyn3c.jpg

2z5swvq.jpg

2a0f6er.jpg

o5xd78.jpg

2rw6fpe.jpg

t71n42.jpg

s58pk4.jpg

2rxv247.jpg

n1osc3.jpg

pvb5d.jpg

WTF did Sony not show this trailer on stage?!

That is beyond me :laugh:

Heads up, Live KZ2 demo coming soon! They said they'll be showing new content each day of E3, so here's hoping for a new level and/or more Multiplayer footage. Supposedly an Open Beta is coming for online and will be revealed today or tomorrow.

11am Flower , Killzone 2 , SIREN: Blood Curse

http://e3.gamespot.com/live.html

(ps. times are in PDT)

10 min playthrough - Parts we've already seen though and in SD.

Part 1 - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/240192.html

Part 2 - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/240189.html

Enough to tide us over till later today I guess!

Best looking game I've ever seen on a console :| The graphics in the multiplayer in post 1/2 are better than most SP games!

I also love how cover works in first person mode, and when they blow that bridge up, it's just insane!

Edited by Audioboxer

IGN Preview

E3 2008: Killzone 2 Progress Report

How does this game just keep getting better?

US, July 15, 2008 - The last time I got my hands on Killzone 2, it was during Sony's judges event in Los Angeles and I took Sev up against a ton of Helghast attempting to overtake our convoy. I crash landed, pulled off some sick headshots, fired a rocket launcher, and used Sixaxis to twist a wheel to open a door. All in all, it was a good demo. When I picked up the controller in Sony's Los Angeles Convention Center this afternoon, I was a bit letdown to find out that I'd just be continuing the level I stopped in a few months ago.

Little did I know my socks were about to be knocked off.

The level picks up with Sev and Alpha Team trying to get the convoy through the Corinth River, a hotbed of blown-out buildings and Helghast troops. I did the usual stuff -- marveled at how freaking good the sight and stock of my assault rifle looked, took out some enemies in close quarters, and giggled as I pinged helmets off baddies -- but then an airborne drop ship called an Intruder pulled up alongside Sev and his boys. The driver made small talk and thanked us for our support back there.

The craft then pulled out ahead of us and was shot down by a Helghast ambush.

killzone-2-20080715064042809-000.jpg

We surged forth to the only bit of cover available -- a lone outpost on the roof of a nearby building -- and took in the situation. An unknown number of foes were holed up in the side of a bombed out office building. The entire side of the maybe-20-story structure was gone so it was like looking into an ice cube tray filled with warriors hiding behind cover. I made my way from the outpost -- click L3 to run -- and took cover -- L1, baby -- along the edge of the roof. I inched closer to a turret, grabbed the device, and unleashed hell on the building.

The muzzle of the gun began to glow orange as the gun neared its overheating threshold, but I managed to clip a few well-placed red barrels in the rickety structure that set off a chain reaction that brought the building down on top of the baddies. Although I expected the barrels to cause and explosion, the building's demise was a welcome surprise as well as a sight to behold and experience -- the controller rumbled as the neighboring tower went down and slowly the gray fog of dust and concrete slowly rose into the air.

I moved the team forward, and eventually came into what would become the greatest Killzone 2 battle I have ever played. It began like any other checkpoint -- I led Sev straight into a Helghast manning a turret, while using the cover the best I could to peek over and around, and popped the villain in the head. The crew followed me from the elevated catwalk to the ground, which was littered with mounds of smoldering debris, parts of busted buildings, and plenty of areas to hide behind, and the Helghast onslaught began. The first soldier rounded the corner and I managed to take him down with a few rounds to the chest. As I approached the body, I saw the next wave of troops moving on my position. A few dozen yards from my squadmates, I turned and ran to reunite with the crowd. I jumped into a trench and turned around to see our tank moving into position.

Before metal monster could take out the enemy forces, Helghast troops from the catwalks and building ledges above began firing off RPGs and machinegun fire. The tank took on the upper-most bad guys, and I focused on the grunts on the ground. I leapt out of the trench, ran up on the first three guys and unloaded my weapons. The flash of my muzzle, the bodies slowly becoming bullet-ridden, the helmets flying into the air -- it was awesome.

killzone-2-20080715064042216-000.jpg

Then, I saw the other five Helghast guys making a beeline for me. With my gun spent, I hurled a grenade and tried to grab some cover beside the tank. About this time, an RPG got lucky and took out my comrades running the vehicle, and a button prompt popped up on my screen to allow me to take control.

I did.

Now, the tank probably moves exactly like you think. The left stick moves the tank while the right stick changes your point of view. R1 fires your missiles and R2 fires your machine gun. Those are the honest controls, but they don't do the gameplay justice. Once in this tank, a slew of enemies poured onto the catwalk in front of and above me. I drew a bead on the baddies, clicked the right stick to zoom, and pushed down the trigger. The bullets flew across the screen in those long, arching orange shots you've seen in war flicks and made contact. The enemies went limp, threw their arms around, and slumped on the railing and floor.

Some of the survivors took up turrets and RPGs, but when I pulled out of the zoom, I found an enemy tank pulling into the level. I fired off my two missiles in the chute, but one clipped some debris and exploded while the other one missed the mark by a step. As I reloaded the weapon, I rolled the tank the best I could to avoid any direct hits. Still the other tank got a few missiles off and one hit me while the other hit a barren hill and let off a cloud of black smoke. Reloaded, I took aim just as the other tank pulled through the smoke. I got off two direct hits, and I honestly had to stop and stare at the scene on screen -- my troops were battling the enemies in the foreground, in the middle of the frame were two tanks surrounded by black smoke and fiery red explosions, and in the background gray smoke wafted as Helghast forces fired from elevated positions.

It was a thing of beauty, but our demo ended there.

I realize that I'm in the enviable position of getting to paid to play top-shelf games time after time, but sometimes, no matter how good a game is, it can get stale. You get to a point where you don't feel wowed anymore and just want to be done with it. That hasn't happened here. Every time I play it, Killzone 2 finds a different way to ensure that I won't shut up about it.

Come quicker, February 2009.

Source: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/890/890247p1.html

Really good preview comments! It looks like this game is going to kick ass :D

Hope we find out today when the public multiplayer beta starts!

Surprised more people haven't popped in to say what they think. There was a decent group of forum goers yesterday saying they were disappointed at no KZ2 footage during the conference!

The maps look fantastic, looks like very little has needed to be scaled back for performance. But I think the character models have less detail and rightly so, with the amount of players there will be.

Speaking of, have they actually announced supported player count?

The maps look fantastic, looks like very little has needed to be scaled back for performance. But I think the character models have less detail and rightly so, with the amount of players there will be.

Speaking of, have they actually announced supported player count?

It's 32, post 1 ;) Easy to miss though!

Thanking you! I did a quick search on Wiki and couldn't see anything.

Can't wait to play this with some of you guys. The sniper class looks awesome, very Sith looking imo :p

Multiplayer looks AMAZING!

You guys who miss this live will love this clip when its up later on :yes:

Clarification of open beta,

According to Managing Producer Kyle Shubel, Guerilla Games is determined to support all PlayStation 3 features including full Trophy Support, SIXAXIS motion control, DualShock 3 vibration, online community support and more.

"We are going through that checklist, but that one, we did do them all (PS3 features such as Trophies), and two, they don't feel bolted on," said Shubel. "We want them to feel right."

Shubel continued stating that Killzone 2 will be supported with Trophy support but that details would be held off until around the time of the public beta. He also confirmed that Killzone 2 will feature a plethora of online support outside of simple online gameplay.

"We are doing a great deal with community... 32 player online, squad based, multiple classes," pronounced Shubel. "We're doing community integration to carry you from our Killzone.com website, follow your stats, tracking clans, issuing clan challenges, going straight from the website to the PS3."

He ended his comments stating that Sony and Guerilla Games have even more to announce on Killzone 2, and that they're planning to release little tidbits throughout the rest of E3. Stay tuned for more details soon.

Source: http://www.psu.com/Kyle-Shubel-on-Killzone...a0004269-p0.php