Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[VS] Watercolor Lite v2.0

607 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

CURRENT BUILD: 2.1.1

Hi guys,

I wont bore you with the same old content since it was deleted, so I'll just paste the readme in here :)

Watercolor Lite Visual Style v2.1 for Windows XP & Theme Files

Agreement:

THIS VISUAL STYLE, AND ALL ACCOMPANYING FILES, DATA AND MATERIALS,

ARE DISTRIBUTED "AS IS" AND WITH NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND,

WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.

THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THE AGREEMENT.

INSTALLING THESE FILES IS YOUR CHOICE AND I WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY

DAMAGES THAT MAY OCCUR IN ANY EVENT. PLEASE USE CAUTION WHILE USING THESE FILES.

Contents:

Watercolor Lite theme file

Edited by Binary

Posted

great theme, hows the new shellstyle comming?

Posted

hey binary, do you still have those start buttons you posted before the board went down? :)

Posted

hey binary, do you still have those start buttons you posted before the board went down? :)

Updated first post with links :)

lilbluedawg, I'm working on them.

Chris

Posted

thanks a lot, binary. :)

Posted

w00t!

:woot:

Posted

2 things:

Were there any changes in 2.0 outside of the new colors? Not that I've ever found any bugs, but if there were fixes I'll update otherwise ergonomic is all I need :)

Also, weren't there plans for a watercolor webpage with all of these resources? It would be nice to have a website bookmarked instead of a forum to always make sure I've got the latest version.

Posted

How do I use the new startbuttons?

Posted

2 things:

Were there any changes in 2.0 outside of the new colors? Not that I've ever found any bugs, but if there were fixes I'll update otherwise ergonomic is all I need :)

Also, weren't there plans for a watercolor webpage with all of these resources? It would be nice to have a website bookmarked instead of a forum to always make sure I've got the latest version.

When I have time, perhaps I'll make a main page to my site. :) As for the differences, I dont think there are many, if any. Just the updated colour schemes.

Chris

Posted

have a timeframe for next release (hopefully including black substyle)? i'm just wondering. :)

Posted

have a timeframe for next release (hopefully including black substyle)? i'm just wondering. :)

Within a few weeks. I'm working on the theme on weekends only, so it's kinda hard to give an accurate date. Plus with all the flamming i got last time I didnt deliver on time... I think I've learned my lesson and dont make release date promises I cant keep :)

Chris

Posted

alright, thanks. i'll be waiting for it. :)

Posted

bug:

the console wont show up all the way when i use kerio's administration.

it's very weird. it shows up at the bottom kind of but i cant get into anything...

look......

post-36-1047246839.jpg

Posted

bug:

the console wont show up all the way when i use kerio's administration.

it's very weird. it shows up at the bottom kind of but i cant get into anything...

look......

Hmmm no idea, I dont use that program...

it's only with watercolor?

Chris

Posted

The scrollbars in the shell sytle need to be watercolored. I'm sure you knew that though. >.<

Posted

The scrollbars in the shell sytle need to be watercolored.  I'm sure you knew that though. >.<

there is no shellstyle....

that would be why they arnt skinned. If your using ergonomic, blue, gray or green; just drop the old shellstyles into the new theme.

Chris

Posted

The two bugs I noticed in Watercolor 1.0 are still present in this version. Specifically, there are no check marks in the Scanner and Camera Wizard. There should be a check in the box by each of the pictures in the screenshot below:

camerawizard.png

Secondly, the toolbar in XnView tends to "grow" whenever you mouse over a button while viewing a large picture. The button will hang down a few pixels below the toolbar on mouseover, like so:

overhang.png

The overhang is across the complete width of the button, like on the "forward" button in the above screenshot. The other buttons in the picture only have partial overhangs, because the overhang disappears after being covered by a tooltip.

Posted

dunno if anyone pointed this out:

post-36-1047253293.jpg

Posted

That's because there's isn't a shellstyle. Binary hasn't finished it yet.

Posted

The two bugs I noticed in Watercolor 1.0 are still present in this version.  Specifically, there are no check marks in the Scanner and Camera Wizard.  There should be a check in the box by each of the pictures in the screenshot below:

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/ErsatzHatrac...amerawizard.png

Secondly, the toolbar in XnView tends to "grow" whenever you mouse over a button while viewing a large picture.  The button will hang down a few pixels below the toolbar on mouseover, like so:

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/ErsatzHatrac...ck/overhang.png

The overhang is across the complete width of the button, like on the "forward" button in the above screenshot.  The other buttons in the picture only have partial overhangs, because the overhang disappears after being covered by a tooltip.

I havent found out the cause of the bit depth checkbox bug yet. Currently you must be running XP in 32 bit mode for them to work correctly.

As for the xnview bug, I use xnview and have never came across this, perhaps it's your video card.

Chris

Posted

Posted

Hmmm no idea, I dont use that program...

it's only with watercolor?

Chris

yeah, only with wc

Posted

I havent found out the cause of the bit depth checkbox bug yet. Currently you must be running XP in 32 bit mode for them to work correctly.
Well, that explains that one. Thanks.

As for the xnview bug, I use xnview and have never came across this, perhaps it's your video card.

It might be. See if you can replicate it with the following procedure:

• Set XnView for "Fit images to window, large"
  • Close the program
  • Make XnView your default viewer for jpeg
  • Open an image you know to be larger than your screen size by double clicking on the file name in Explorer

This is what does it for me. If I open XnView first, and then open the file from there, everything is fine. But opening large files from Explorer produces the bug.

Posted

Posted (edited)

Well, that explains that one.
Edited by Binary