Mad Men

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone been watching this ?

I have heard a lot of good reviews.

Matthew

Heard about this a while ago.. will check it out soon!

offtopic, MarleyMuk what is your avatar from?.. it looks like the joker from TDK but.. that isn't Heath Ledger.. A spoof or something?

offtopic, MarleyMuk what is your avatar from?.. it looks like the joker from TDK but.. that isn't Heath Ledger.. A spoof or something?

Hi Jase

Its one of the concept pics taken from TDK book that Rappy posted in TDK thread.

Check them out there is some really cool pics.

Matthew

Here are the scans :)

I have never seen Mad Men tho I have always wanted but never really got round to it.

Great show. Who thought an ad office would make for good drama? The historical setting is great (acceptable drinking at work, kids not in car seats, the fascination with a copier as big as a VW bug, ect). Don Draper is smoother than Hugh Hefner (in his prime) and I could watch Joan walk away all day. Really great cast here no weak players at all.

I'd never actually watched this show before until just last week. My cable company put the entire first season up on Free On Demand stuff, probly cause my cable company is Cablevision that owns AMC channel. Anyway, after hearing sooo much hype about it and how good its supposed to be, figured I'd start watching it from the beginning.

I watched the first 3 episodes, and then just couldn't stand to watch any more. I don't get what the big deal is, frankly I found it rather boring. Its definitely got style, I'll give it that, just very impressed by the sets and the accurate display of the time its set in, and very well acted, but, nothing ever really happens. The storyline of the show is quite uneventful, and literally almost put me to sleep once. Found it boring.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am watching the first episode to see what the hype is all about, so far its not bad :)

ok 2nd episode confirmed I need more of this in my life!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...