Neowin Photography

The Two Trees on DeviantArt is in 800?1195 & the Space Needle is in 857?1280. I might be able to find the originals somewhere on my computer and they should be much higher resolution (most likely full 10MP)

crazy88eess where are you from in ca? i see you went to santa clara, thats where I live....if you're ever down to go out shooting sometime let me know.

Here are some pictures to show how much post-processing can change the quality of your work. The file sizes are quite high (796 KB and 1.08 MB) but it's worth the download. Check them out! Of course, comments are welcomed. :)

imagefb1lc4.png

imagefb2lp6.png

crazy88eess where are you from in ca? i see you went to santa clara, thats where I live....if you're ever down to go out shooting sometime let me know.

Livermore.

I only go outside of that area like twice a year :/ Being in school cuts down on my travel, but I'll keep you in mind!

Both pictures taken with Nikon D80 and Hoya R72 filter (EXIF Info available with the Original pictures). Lens used was the 18-135mm one.

The postprocessig included switch of blue & red channels and small correction of saturation. Finished with a small touch-up on curves.

Aww, I was hoping for flickr links so I could favorite those.

I just got a hoya R72 recently, but I can't seem to PP like that.

-Using CS2, I go into the channel mixer.

-Under the Red channel I set the red slider to 0, and the blue slider to 100.

-Under the Blue channel, I set the red slider to 100 and the blue slider to 0.

That's how you switch the channels right? No?

Edited by crazzy88ss

Okay so here's what I have. Everything was changed in Photoshop CS2:

Growth

2723319126_80afc6e678.jpg

This is the original picture.

Growth Postprocessed

2722487327_6ff2ac6e70.jpg

Auto curves, auto color, and some tweaks to hue and saturation.

Growth Vibrant

2722494919_4af20879f4.jpg

Based off of Growth Postprocessed, changed hue and saturation again.

Growth Sepia

2723307194_bfda539097.jpg

Based off of Growth Postprocessed, changed saturation so that it was black and white, then added sepia filter.

Growth Exposure

2722491037_54e9ffeb95.jpg

Based off of Grwoth Postprocessed, added exposure.

Please let me know which you think is best so that I have a better idea on what I should be looking toward while postprocessing. Please also critique the original image. I am an amateur photographer and am looking to get better. Without a DSLR camera for the time being.

This photo was taken using a Canon Powershot S2 IS.

#2 is nice for me, then again, I prefer much pale colors when it comes to Plants :p

And exposure one hurts my eyes :)

BTW you don't need a DSLR to shoot nice photos :)

#2 is nice for me, then again, I prefer much pale colors when it comes to Plants :p

And exposure one hurts my eyes :)

BTW you don't need a DSLR to shoot nice photos :)

Thank you for your input :). I think if I can add maybe some filter to the exposure it might look better. But I do agree that it is a little bit too much.

I wanted to have your opinions on this one because I can't seem to have a solid one whether should I post it on DA or not.

post-177828-1217656564_thumb.jpg

Hey Fowarek,

The first image looks the best to me, in all honesty. I just calibrated my monitor a few days ago and calibrate frequently. The only thing I might do with that image is shoot the hue of the yellow channel slightly towards the greens and get a little more green out of the plants. Kick up the contrast a tad and you shall have a nice photo. You might even experiment with the dodge tool on the bottom leaves and dodge the midtones a little bit too. Might balance the foreground a little with the flower.

Thats more grayscale than sepia, define%3Asepia&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3a%6ffficial&client=firefox-a should be a shade of brown basically.

some examples: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/sepia/

I know that. That's why I pointed out I made it greyscale first, and then added a sepia filter. I just really didn't want it to be a full blown out sepia picture, because I don't think it would have complimented the picture very well.

@.Cipher: I love them! They look great. I especially like the last one. What did you edit them with?

2 on photoshop and 2 in lightroom.

It looks my days of amateur photography are over. Due to financial problems, my father has decided to return his camera (Fujifilm Finepix S1000fd). Now I'm stuck with a crappy 5-megapixel cell phone digital camera. :cry:

Nice shot...looks familiar too. Where was it?

And pah, weather hasn't picked up here, I spent a rainy day yesterday in the South West and I was in the rain in Regents Park today :(