Where is the COD4 profile on Vista 64-bit

OK maybe it?s me being really thick here or it?s just not there? I cannot find the players/profile/save file within COD4 on Windows Vista 64-bit for the life of me. The profile has to be somewhere to save the levels I have already completed. Why do I need to find this is because I need to reinstall my OS and want to back this up so when I reinstall the OS I can just pop this back into place?

What gets me is the fact there is no sign of it anywhere... I?ve tried everything from, hidden files to searching for the files everywhere I can think of and cannot locate the save file.

Can somebody help?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles

Been there and it's not there...? See below screenshot

It looks like you're missing the "players" folder which contains your profiles. Here's a screenshot of my CoD4 folder in Windows Vista x64.

callofduty4modernwarfarfy0.png

Thanks to Vista UAC and security, it may go in the Virtual Store witch is located here:

C:\Users\%YourUser%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\

Try to find that you the end user that don't know about Vista Security...

Thanks to Vista UAC and security, it may go in the Virtual Store witch is located here:

C:\Users\%YourUser%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\

Try to find that you the end user that don't know about Vista Security...

Top man...

found it :)

I never thought of looking in there...

Thank you so much I was tearing my hair out looking for this... what a bl**** stupid place to put this in the first place.