C&C Generals -- Multi Mon

So get this. I got C&C Generals the other day. First, it's kind of cool, but sub-par graphics compared to Age of Mythology. Anyway. I have a tri-mon system, a GeForce4 TI powering two monitors and a PCI GeForce2 MX powering #3.

First of all. Of all the new games out there, why do none still yet support multi-mon gaming?

Second, why do companies like even Microsoft with Age of Myth. not lock the mouse down to the primary monitor during the game? I use MouseJail for games like that, and GTA3. But I was really peeved last night when I couldn't get MouseJail to work with C&C G. I really hate moving my icons from my other monitors and disabling them every bloody time I want to play a game, don't you?

So am I in left field here? Anyone else get tired of lack of multi-mon support?

I get tired of it. I hate having to disable the monitor because I might by accident click something over there, and brings me out of the game, and so on. Splintercell works fine with multi-mons when I tried it. Generals is a pain when I play it on LAN with brother, having to disable it, etc as I said.

i got the same problem!!!

its so annoying

i got the same problem in GTA3 and generals

what is this mouse jail, you mentioned?

spyder, jon, you're absolutely right...but each year the number goes up. Sooner or later dev's will have to keep that in mind. It's the way we're going at this rate.

spyder, jon, you're absolutely right...but each year the number goes up. Sooner or later dev's will have to keep that in mind. It's the way we're going at this rate.

thats true too. because I've recently been given 2 monitors so i'm now at 3. I've been thinking of attempting to setup a dual display situation

I completely disagree, it isn't the way things are going at all, the numbers would prove it.

Its the way a small hardcore community is going, a huge percentage of computer users would never consider, let alone try, using 2 monitors, they have no reason to, cant afford it, dont have space, and dont want the hastle.

'The way things are going' is simply larger flat screens at an affordable price, flatscreen monitors have so much more importance in the IT world than dual monitor support, largely for the reduction in desktop footprint of a workstation.

Wireless + Flatscreen = significant, and well develop into big areas

Dual Monitor Support = a toy for geeks and a few hard core applications that will probably vanish imo.

So get this. I got C&C Generals the other day. First, it's kind of cool, but sub-par graphics compared to Age of Mythology.

:blink:

Are you being serious? I'm just wondering, I can't tell if you are or not. Either way, it's your opinion and I won't argue, I just can't tell.

You just have to look at the number of video cards which offer multi-monitor support

The falling price in monitors

and to a lesser extent, the number of Multi-monitor questions alone we have seen in the last month. Obvioulsy its increasing.

They wouldnt be adding the option to consumer video cards as readily as they are if people were taking it up.

And why not Multi-monitor setups are quite useful, with todays software anyway. In Win2000 I found it to be quite a useless setup but now software to manage it has improved a fair whack.

Hell if I wasnt saving, id probably buy another one too, but Id want another 17" LCD, to match the current, CRT+LCD on the same desk just doesnt do it for me. But all in all, they are pretty impressive.