Bigfoot Body Found in Georgia

Update:

Researcher says 'bigfoot' just a rubber gorilla suit

ATLANTA (AP) -- Turns out Bigfoot was just a rubber suit. Two researchers on a quest to prove the existence of Bigfoot say that the carcass encased in a block of ice -- handed over to them for an undisclosed sum by two men who claimed to have found it -- was slowly thawed out, and discovered to be a rubber gorilla outfit.

The revelation comes just days after a much ballyhooed news conference was held in California to proclaim that the remains of the creature found in the North Georgia mountains was the legendary man-ape.

Steve Kulls, executive director of squatchdetective.com and host of Squatchdetective Radio, says in a posting on a Web site run by Bigfoot researcher Tom Biscardi that as the ''evidence'' was thawed, the claim began to unravel as a giant hoax.

First, the hair sample was burned and ''melted into a ball uncharacteristic of hair,'' Kulls said in the posting.

The thawing process was sped up and the exposed head was found to be ''unusually hollow in one small section.'' An hour of thawing later and the feet were exposed -- and they were found to be made of rubber. :huh:

Matt Whitton, an officer who has been on medical leave from the Clayton County Police Department, and Rick Dyer, a former Georgia corrections officer, announced the find in early July on YouTube videos and a Web site.

''Everyone who has talked down to us is going to eat their words,'' Whitton said at the time.

Phone calls to Whitton and Dyer went unreturned on Tuesday. But the voicemail recording for their Bigfoot Tip Line -- which proclaims they search for leprechauns and the Loch Ness monster -- has been updated and announcing they're also in search of ''big cats and dinosaurs. If you see any of those, give us a call.''

On Tuesday, Clayton County Police Chief Jeff Turner said he has not spoken to Whitton but processed paperwork to fire him.

''Once he perpetrated a fraud, that goes into his credibility and integrity,'' Turner said. ''He has violated the duty of a police officer.''

source

I think I mentioned in this thread or the other one its probably a man with a suit and some entrails from a pig...oh well the mystery that is big foot will continue.

those guys should face death sentence for this joke.

Why? Because people actually believed this was real or actually believe that Bigfoot is real. These guys did nothing wrong IMO, they took advantage of people who believe in to much. Nothing illegal in that.

I just don't understand how a suppose police officer lied to the public about this fraud, he even looks convinced that the big-foot was real in his youtube video, now who is going to hire a guy like this?

Update:

Bigfoot Hoaxers Still On the Lam

The hunt was on Wednesday for two North American forest-roaming bipeds, last seen in Northern California, present whereabouts unknown.

Matthew Whitton and Rick Dyer, the Georgia men who claimed to have found a Bigfoot body, were being sought by Tom Biscardi, whose money they absconded with once the frozen "corpse" was revealed to be a hoax.

"We have a contract with these people," Biscardi, a former Las Vegas promoter now based in Menlo Park, Calif., told Fox News Wednesday morning. "We paid them the money the night before [the press conference.] ... They didn't figure I'd have a turbo heater on that thing to thaw it out before they left California."

Biscardi wouldn't confirm where the body was, but it apparently had been moved from Georgia to Indiana. An Indianapolis Fox affiliate was given a look at the "corpse" Monday by Biscardi's investigator, Steve Kulls.

$50,000 advance on future earnings from the bogus Bigfoot, Biscardi would say only that "it was a substantial amount of money" numbering in the thousands which came from unnamed "investors."

Biscardi told Fox's Megyn Kelly, who'd previously been invited to view the specimen herself, that the rubber Halloween suit had been stuffed full of, well, organic material.

"It was the most macabre thing you've ever seen in your life," he said. "There's body parts of other animals in there ? bones, eyes, tongues, cheeks. It's just incredible."

Asked how he could have been fooled, Biscardi argued that it was hard to tell when the thing was encased in a block of ice.

Meanwhile, other Bigfoot hunters nationwide piled on Biscardi, noting that he was perfectly willing to charge for photos of the "corpse" on his Web site before Kulls determined it was fake early on Sunday morning.

"Warrants need to be issued immediately before Biscardi leaves the country," read a manifesto posted on the Web site of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization. "Santa Clara County, California, (where the press conference was held) clearly has jurisdiction to issue the warrants, and all the elements of fraud are present."

But Nick Muyo, a spokesman with the Santa Clara County district attorney's office, said jurisdiction might be hard to establish.

"If Tom Biscardi files a police report in Menlo Park, it would originate with San Mateo County," he said. "But it sounds like Santa Clara, as well as counties in Georgia and Indiana, could also get involved."

It's possible that fraud charges could be filed against Dyer and Whitton, as Biscardi seems to want, though it's not clear whether it'd be a criminal or civil case.

"[biscardi] freely gave them the money," noted Jeffrey Turner, police chief of Clayton County, Ga., who fired Whitton as an officer Tuesday but couldn't locate him to inform him of his termination. "It'd be a civil matter."

Muyo said that once a police report was filed, then a criminal investigation could be launched.

Kulls, meanwhile, whom the BFRO labeled as "a long-time member of Biscardi's own gang," contacted Loren Coleman at Cryptomundo.com on Tuesday to dissociate himself from Biscardi.

"At this time I am breaking any association or cooperation with Tom Biscardi and his company," Kulls' statement read, though it also said, "People ask me if [biscardi] was complicit in this hoax. I honestly believe he was not."

It may be difficult for Biscardi to claim he was defrauded, as the "24-Hour Sighting Hotline" number posted on Dyer and Whitton's Web site, BigfootTracker.com, asks for tips related to "leprechauns, unicorns, large cats, dinosaurs," as well as "Jimmy Hoffa or Elvis."

As for one scientist who Biscardi said on Friday would be examining the Bigfoot body? He told a news network he'd never been contacted.

Stanford University anthropologist Richard Klein said he was "sorry that my name and Stanford's name have been brought into this."

source

Why? Because people actually believed this was real or actually believe that Bigfoot is real. These guys did nothing wrong IMO, they took advantage of people who believe in to much. Nothing illegal in that.
A death sentence for such a trivial thing as a Bigfoot hoax? :huh:
???????

I know i was a little "extreme" LOL

hehe thats how I feel. Maybe one day people will stop being so quick to buy into these things. There were posts on early pages in the tone of "don't write it off until it's shown not to be true". To be honest when legendary tales are concerned I'd much rather "write it off until proof it is true" is given. I mean what if they hadn't had the pictures at all, then how would you ever prove it wasn't true? Surely no one would believe it then but given the blind faith people had in this case it wouldn't surprise me.

I duno...it looked like a hoax from the very start IMHO.