[Official] SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation

this is for you sethos :)

Those of you wondering whether Sony plans to run the SOCOM Confrontation multiplayer beta in Europe can stop fretting: it does, and Eurogamer will have 6,000 keys to give away when it begins.

As revealed on the PlayStation Blog overnight, the SOCOM beta will run for a full month in the US from 5th September to 5th October - and while Sony has yet to confirm exact details for Europe, we've been told it's okay to advise you about the keys. So hey, we've got keys! Woo!

SOCOM: Confrontation - as you of course know, because you're amazing - is a realistic-edged tactical third-person shooter from Slant Six with all sorts of cunning clan elements to support its online multiplayer premise.

The full game is due out in October in the US (and hopefully here), and you can check out our SOCOM: Confrontation gamepage for the latest screenshots, trailers and news.

We expect demand for the keys to be heavy, so keep an eye on Eurogamer over the next few days for an update on the giveaway.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=229002

Much appreciated, though I already saw the news a few hours ago, promptly found my login and bookmarked it.

I signed up for an American code, posting a bit on the EU forums in hope of getting one of the forum distributed keys, signed up at some Australian survey and now I will keep refreshing Eurogamer - I better get in this Beta or I might hurt myself :rofl:

There is also some great footage from PAX, by a guy who spent a lot of time there;

( Note: Available in High-quality )

First

Second

Third

Well, due to the curve of the default triggers your fingers tend to slip, specially when you've played for some time, the fingers start to sweat a bit. They aren't very comfortable either.

Real triggers are a huge improvement.

Yeah I gotta buy those trigger addons.

I have no issues at all with the PS3 controller in any games, but I hate the decision to curve the triggers down the way. Someone was high as hell for that :p

imo the r2/l2 triggers are not such a big deal that clip-on triggers are needed, most games take into account there spongyness and shape (a good example would be cod4 where fire and grenades are the opposite way round from the 360 version)

imo the r2/l2 triggers are not such a big deal that clip-on triggers are needed

What?!

Almost anyone who used the controller agrees those triggers should be arching up, has nothing to do with game support just them being uncomfortable and annoying.

I hated the Sixaxis before I got the triggers, after I got the triggers it's among one of the best controllers I've used. The difference is huge!

What?!

Almost anyone who used the controller agrees those triggers should be arching up, has nothing to do with game support just them being uncomfortable and annoying.

I hated the Sixaxis before I got the triggers, after I got the triggers it's among one of the best controllers I've used. The difference is huge!

You've still not got a DS3?

It'll feel even better in your hands.

Going from DS3 back to Sixaxis is like night and day for me - I can't do it :p

Nope, it was supposed to arrive today but they decided to sit on their fat ass. Post Denmark, "Europe's Fastest" Hah.

Should be here tomorrow though and really looking forward to it, mostly the added weight since I can't have a window open while playing PS3 without the fear of the Sixaxis flying off.

I really want those real trigger attachments but I can't find them anywhere. It seems to be a UK only thing. Play.com only ships dvd's and books to the US. Anyone in the US find some?

Okay, so now I really hope I get in the Beta at some point

I got 2 American Gamestop codes and registered them to my US and my EU account.

Signed up at Eurogamer under a UK Profile and joined the SOCOM Group.

Created a Japanese account and downloaded the Confrontation theme, which also gives you a chance to win a Beta code.

Got 3 of my friends with American codes who are willing to share it with me ( The final code can be shared with 2 players )

I 'won' a "Qore" code of a guy on the US forums.

Posted a bit on the EU forums, which should make you eligible for a code.

So I better get in :rofl:

Here's the update from Eurogamer;

Update, 3rd September: Sony has been in touch to say that we can only give the codes to people in the UK, because other territories have arranged their own promotions. Obviously we would prefer to give them to anyone, but it's not up to us in this case. So that's bad news. On the plus side, that means there will be more in circulation elsewhere, so Eurogamer readers outside the UK should keep their eye on local news sources for more.

Source

So you better change country to "UK" or register a UK account if you want one of them. Oh and "other territories have arranged their own promotions" my ass, looking at the EU forums, no other countries has any promotions like this running. SCEE even said Scandinavia would have a pre-order deal on these codes but nothing yet ... Probably the worst beta execution in history :p

I Played one of the Socom demos on the Ps2 years and years ago and really enjoyed it, but never got round to playing any of the games, I bought one of the cheap but never playe dit, lol.

Hopefully I can get into the Beta and have some fun.

And Depending on the price here in the UK, I think I will buy the Disc version that comes with the mic, which is looking really fancy at the moment.

Update, 4th September #2: Good news! We will be distributing the SOCOM: Confrontation beta keys from 4pm UK time tomorrow, Friday 5th September. As previously mentioned, the keys will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis to registered Eurogamer users in the UK. Sony has also explained that despite reports in the US that keys work up to three times, you will only be able to use the keys we distribute on one PS3. See you at 4pm tomorrow!

Update, 4th September: Hello everyone! Glad to see there is so much anticipation. First of all, this post is the only official source of information on the keys, so please stop spamming our poor old boss Rupert! Second, as soon as we know when it's okay to distribute them, we will post an update here. Third, you will need to be a registered user (link to registration at the top of every page) to get access to a key. Fourth, keys will be on a first-come, first-served basis, because we don't want you to have to wait around to get hold of one. More soon! Thanks for your patience.

Eurogamer

Hoping to get in, will be here at 4 tomorrow. :D

Oh man I can't wait for the beta to start! To bad I have School and Work that day... Once I get home though I'll be on till I can't stay awake.

Hope to see some of you guys on there... Bring headsets! I got mine!

5986 left :p

Got a key, minimal effort ftw :cool:

Yea, the site died, then suddenly worked fast and hardly any keys had gone.

Hopefully a good few of us can get one and have a match :D

Got to go find my headset now then, lol.

5062 now lol, they're going fast. Around 4300 people online at the site :p

But it is a Euro site, and a lot of them could be gamers of other systems or other countries too.

Though I'm sure that isn't stopping any of them, it wouldn't stop me, lol.