rundll32.exe twice

i didnt know where else to put this so im gonna ask it here, do any of you have more than one instances or rundll32.exe running, i have two, one at 3.xx ram and the other at 2.xx, i always cancel one when i remember. i dunno why it runs twice but when i cancel one notting happens so i just keep on doing it everytime i turn on my computer, any suggestions

Its normal to see it running twice...

"If you view your systems Startup configuration in Microsoft's System Configuration Utility (access from Start > Run, type msconfig in the Open box and press OK), you may notice two entries for Power Management. Both listed as Rundll32.exe powerprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme.

If you view Microsoft System Information > Software Environment > Startup Programs (access from Start > Run, type msinfo32 in the Open box and press OK), you will notice that one is loaded from the Machine Run protion of the registry, while the other is loaded from Machine Service.

This is by design. The first instance runs as soon as the GUI is up. This is so that power management is running even if no one logs on. The second instance runs after logon, and loads the user settings."

Ciao....

If you view your systems Startup configuration in Microsoft's System Configuration Utility (access from Start > Run, type msconfig in the Open box and press OK), you may notice two entries for Power Management. Both listed as Rundll32.exe powerprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme.

This is the case on Windows 9X and ME systems. Win2K/XP however, don't have "powerprof" entries. More than likely it's probably an entry to load device driver helper apps (e.g. NVidia, ATI, etc.) or some other program.

o ok thanks alot..., so no problem if i shut down either one?

That depends... For example, if you had an NVidia card, removing the CPL driver preloader could possibly disable the NVidia display control panel. BTW, what are you trying to shutdown? Would help if you posted it.