[Official] Crysis Warhead

Yeah, I'm waiting on Steam too. It's a shame they don't offer a preload - it was the same with Clear Sky, though fortunately download speeds were great anyway (should be the same for Warhead as Clear Sky is still outselling it).

How do you find the performance of the game versus Crysis? Any noticeable difference in your opinion?

I would like to know the same, as I plan on building a new PC and was wondering if this was worth it or any better than the original Crysis in terms of performance.

I would like to know the same, as I plan on building a new PC and was wondering if this was worth it or any better than the original Crysis in terms of performance.

Ditto...

IGN Review says its greatly better but somehow i dont believe it...

Another. Performance in this game is great. What is different, is that you can run Enthusiast (VH) mode in dx9 in this. However, I use my custom config modded from CCC2.21 and it works just great. DX10 VH is still sluggish and slow. They must have recorded all of those videos from DX9 - it doesn't seem to look any different from DX10. I am running this on the 4870 and Q6600 rig and getting between 30 and 50 FPS depending on whats going on. The game feels totally smooth. It also looks much better than the original crysis. The few small updates (lighting) really make a difference.

post-5139-1221680088_thumb.jpg

Glad to hear. I can't wait to get it up and running and do some tests and tweaking :) :)

*EDIT UPDATE, it has been released installing all 3 games now!

Another. Performance in this game is great. What is different, is that you can run Enthusiast (VH) mode in dx9 in this. However, I use my custom config modded from CCC2.21 and it works just great. DX10 VH is still sluggish and slow. They must have recorded all of those videos from DX9 - it doesn't seem to look any different from DX10. I am running this on the 4870 and Q6600 rig and getting between 30 and 50 FPS depending on whats going on. The game feels totally smooth. It also looks much better than the original crysis. The few small updates (lighting) really make a difference.

Amazing, can not wait to get home now :D

Thanks

Just started playing it, DX10 Full Everything except AA, runs 100x better then the first game, amazing looking and smooth. Loving it! (And no I am not running it on the specs below, not at the moment).

I'm getting my copy sent to me. Ordered it online.

Is there a setting to run the game in DX9 mode in Vista?

Yes there is -- you can even run enthusiast mode in dx10.

As I said I am running everything MAX at 1680x1050 and it runs amazingly. The problem is that if I turn on AA, and I click accept, my resolution changes back to 1024xwhatever it is. Now I am not sure if it actually changes, but it at least shows that. Wonder why that is.

Directx 10 mode is EVEN WORSE than the original crysis more than halves my fps while looking the same, I can't even play it on high in dx 10 mode but can play it on very high in dx9 with my 9600gt. in dx9 mode anyway performance is a lot better then the original. They REALLY need to just remove the dx 10 mode though, it's pointless, all it does is decrease performance, and in warhead you can get all the effects in dx9 mode anyway.

It kept crashing for me in the first level for some reason, really annoying, but now it seems fine.

screens:

Remember these are on a measly 9600GT! I can play it fine on enthusiast (very high) fps drops a bit later in the game but remains playable the whole time at least.

post-159052-1221703795_thumb.jpg

post-159052-1221703819_thumb.jpg

Directx 10 mode is EVEN WORSE than the original crysis more than halves my fps while looking the same, I can't even play it on high in dx 10 mode but can play it on very high in dx9 with my 9600gt. in dx9 mode anyway performance is a lot better then the original. They REALLY need to just remove the dx 10 mode though, it's pointless, all it does is decrease performance, and in warhead you can get all the effects in dx9 mode anyway.

It kept crashing for me in the first level for some reason, really annoying, but now it seems fine.

screens:

Remember these are on a measly 9600GT! I can play it fine on enthusiast (very high) fps drops a bit later in the game but remains playable the whole time at least.

I will have to test that theory out with my GTX 280.

According to your guys' reports, it sounds like I should be able to crush it.

The DX10 path would be slow on a 9600GT though really.

Why? There is NO extra effects or anything in directx 10 in warhead, directx 9 mode is now identical and you can select very high from the menu. And directx 10 was DESIGNED for better performance and less overhead. crytek is to blame here they really ****ed something up.

I will have to test that theory out with my GTX 280.

According to your guys' reports, it sounds like I should be able to crush it.

I don't think there is a video card that crushes Crysis. Maybe in 2010.