All-Glass Firefox

Ok, If you really want to disable glass on the statusbar and findbar, go into the dwm-overlay.js and change the 2 places where it says this

dwm.ExtendFrameIntoWindow(height+tabheight, 0, bottom, 0);

to this

dwm.ExtendFrameIntoWindow(height+tabheight, 0, 0, 0);

I could remove the parts where it calculates height, but that's not a big deal, just takes a very tiny bit of processing.

If you want, I could also post a patch to just unglass the find bar, but i don't have the time right now.

Would be awesome if it worked on OS X :)

Firefox on OSX is pretty enough :D

This one does integrate really nice with OSX-ish (and other) Visual styles!

post-151800-1223739410_thumb.jpg

post-151800-1223739537_thumb.jpg

Ok, If you really want to disable glass on the statusbar and findbar, go into the dwm-overlay.js and change the 2 places where it says this

to this

I could remove the parts where it calculates height, but that's not a big deal, just takes a very tiny bit of processing.

If you want, I could also post a patch to just unglass the find bar, but i don't have the time right now.

Thank you for this.

to this

THANKS!!!

This looks OK, but what I'd like to see is a REAL "all glass" firefox. You're claiming "all glass" but I can still read the page content. By "all glass" it should be exactly that - one large sheet of glass, nothing more. No matter what page you navigate to, it doesn't matter! They all look like one large sheet of glass! Can you add this feature, especially if you're going to claim "all glass". That's false advertising there buddy...

Firefox on OSX is pretty enough :D

This one does integrate really nice with OSX-ish (and other) Visual styles!

Yeah FF3 is cool on OS X, but I'm using FF2, due to issues with shapeshifter :/

This looks OK, but what I'd like to see is a REAL "all glass" firefox. You're claiming "all glass" but I can still read the page content. By "all glass" it should be exactly that - one large sheet of glass, nothing more. No matter what page you navigate to, it doesn't matter! They all look like one large sheet of glass! Can you add this feature, especially if you're going to claim "all glass". That's false advertising there buddy...

If you want that, just change the lines with dwm.ExtendFrameIntoWindow... to dwm.ExtendFrameIntoWindow(9999, 9999, 9999, 9999);

the problem with this is that the stuff on the left edge of the toolbars is kind of cut off.

instead of having a nice circular back button, it's now flattened on the left side.

is there any way to fix this? it's especially annoying when the window is maximized

because it gets cut off the edge of the screen.

the problem with this is that the stuff on the left edge of the toolbars is kind of cut off.

instead of having a nice circular back button, it's now flattened on the left side.

is there any way to fix this? it's especially annoying when the window is maximized

because it gets cut off the edge of the screen.

Fixed! Please update from userstyles.org!

Hi Ambroos

Thanks! :D It looks better now. However is there one more padding change you can make?

If you look at the comparison with no glass and with glass, you'll see that the menu bar is a pixel or two too far to the left.

You can see the word "File" is right next to the edge of the screen.. it should be a few pixels farther from it.

97348194jl2.jpg

Also notice that the letter "e" in "File" is cut off slightly on its right edge; the same is true fro the other menu items (Bookmarks, Tools, Help, anyway)

Furthermore, I've found a few small issues that I'm wondering if you can correct.

For one, the Search Bar doesn't work 100% for me -- when I press Ctrl+F,

it shows up with a black background for a fraction of a second, and then becomes glass:

60251708bv2.jpg

And another issue: it seems that some of the text, when it's bolded, is a bit blurry and sometimes a bit cut off (cut off when the tab is active).

Here are some images to show you what I mean:

18723292uw7.jpg

Overall though this is awesome.. great job and thank you!! :laugh:

it shows up with a black background for a fraction of a second, and then becomes glass...

That's normal, it's because Glasser uses javascript to set the amount of glass to use, which has that tiny bit of lag. The only way that would be possible to fix it would be to either change firefox code and recompile it or change glasser code and recompile it, both of which is too much effort for the payoff, or possibly cleaning up my code in the dwm-overlay.js. Either way, it doesn't bother me, I'm not that much of a perfectionist.

As for the other stuff, to fix weirdly rendered text, change the opacity to .99, with letters being cut off, i just ignore it, although some tweaks with the size of the box would possibly fix it.

Hi Ambroos

Thanks! :D It looks better now. However is there one more padding change you can make?

If you look at the comparison with no glass and with glass, you'll see that the menu bar is a pixel or two too far to the left.

You can see the word "File" is right next to the edge of the screen.. it should be a few pixels farther from it.

97348194jl2.jpg

Also notice that the letter "e" in "File" is cut off slightly on its right edge; the same is true fro the other menu items (Bookmarks, Tools, Help, anyway)

Furthermore, I've found a few small issues that I'm wondering if you can correct.

it shows up with a black background for a fraction of a second, and then becomes glass:

60251708bv2.jpg

And another issue: it seems that some of the text, when it's bolded, is a bit blurry and sometimes a bit cut off (cut off when the tab is active).

Here are some images to show you what I mean:

18723292uw7.jpg

Overall though this is awesome.. great job and thank you!! :laugh:

Tried to fix some of the bugs. Inactive tab text is now better and menu text doesn't get cut off to the left...

About the flashing in black, that's just the way the glasser JS calculates height every time. Can't do anything about that.. sorry!

this is nice, but .. when you get something bright under it, it looks just horrible

I had to make as much text as possible white. Otherwise, it doesn't look like anything at all when you maximize your window.

I had to think about useability for people with or without a bookmarks bar, and for peple with or without a file menu bar...

• 2 weeks later...
Once again, thanks for putting this all together.. it's really great :)

I wonder if you could somehow make an all-glass Thunderbird? :D

Can you theme thunderbird?

I'll have a look at it.

Hey Ambroos, I got a question about maximized windows. Could you make it so that even though windows normally get black maxed, Firefox won't or is it too strictly tied with how DWM does its thing?