What's the best looking car ever made?

After reading through some of the other ugly thread, I thought i'd create a nice car thread.

Audi cars (the later ones) seem to look nicer to. Even their "family" cars look okay.

Audi-Abt-TT-R.jpg

Bugatti Veyron is another nice looking car.

Bugatti-Veyron-017-L.jpg

A number plate would spoil that though ^

I have always liked the front of BMW's. They look like animals:

BMW_M3_Coupe_01.jpg

Post 'em :)

Boo on the Veyron. It is a stunning piece of engineering, but I don't find it attractive. I would rather look at it's engine than it's body.

I agree on the Audi's. All their cars have always been attractive. I have a 85 Quattro and it still looks good even 20 years down the road.

For me the pinnacle was the early 60's Lotus Elan. Simple, elegant, sporty, classic.

I also submit the 3rd generation RX-7 as a contender. The new Aston Martin DB9's are great looking also. You didn't specify production cars, so the Ford GT40 (in Gulf livery) has a spot in my heart. Too many good cars out there really to specify even just a few. I could probably come up with 20 that could compete and I already know that I'm missing some obvious ones.

Edit: Bah, I knew I was forgetting some obvious ones. Ferrari Dino 308 jumped to mind.

I've always thought the Veyron is insanely ugly... nice piece of engineering though.

Here's my picks:

header.jpg

Audi A4 B8.

2009%20Acura%20TSX%203.jpg

Despite what people says, I actually like the new TSX (Real life is way better than the pics). The driving dynamics are meh though.

n102940032520004093914vs5.jpg

That's my 07 Honda Civic (8th gen)

8GWFHT3J.jpg

Honda Accord Coupe (Looks really nice in real life).

lexus-is250-is350-front.jpg

The Lexus IS250 isn't bad, wouldn't drive one though.

1206622350.gif

Infiniti G37.

That's about it for now, haha.

i see most of you have fallen into audi's marketing plot

everybody thinks they are cool, cos they are in the movies and on tv....

but the truth is, all their models LOOK THE SAME, from a distance you have no idea which model it is until it comes close enough for you to read the badge!

And i hate those christmas lights they put on their cars!

I would vote for the mercedes SL (not the face lifted one)

And the Aston Martin DP9 and Jaguar XK

Easy :)

2007_Ferrari_F430Scuderia1.jpg

If this car looks great on photo, it looks even greater live. Everybody looks at you when you're driving one... I talk from experience, its an amazing car at all levels.

In the "affordable" group, I really love my Rover 45 or my girlfriend's BMW 318

Edited by PT 13

my overall favorite super car (and Ferrari's masterpiece) is the...

"Ferrari F40" (feels like a gutted out race car ;) ) , which i consider to be the best super car ever made and it was also the first production car to break the 200mph barrier.

plus it has great sound to, especially the racing version called the 'Ferrari F40 LM'

if your looking at 'muscle cars' i would either choose the Shelby GT500 (1967-68) or the Shelby Cobra (of the 1960's)

as far as 'Jap Cars'... i choose NONE cause they all sound like crap and i cant take them seriously in terms of performance with those crappy 4-cyl engines.

also i guess i should be even more specific... i prefer the body style of the GT500 from the 2000 movie 'gone in 60 seconds' (i.e. Eleanor)

but yeah... even stock ones are great ;)

While the new Eleanor is great looking also. I prefer the original Eleanor's body style much more. I'd even go with the black and yellow paint.