Dark Knight Sequel

nothings set in stone.

How about the fact that the man that wrote and directed the Dark Knight saying that there will be no Joker in the next Batman movie, which he also will be writing and directing?

How about the fact that the man that wrote and directed the Dark Knight saying that there will be no Joker in the next Batman movie, which he also will be writing and directing?

ill believe it when i see it, im sure he wouldn't announce it this early on. if anything it would be a surprise. so of course right now he is denying it.

ill believe it when i see it, im sure he wouldn't announce it this early on. if anything it would be a surprise. so of course right now he is denying it.

But that is the thing though: he DID announce it. Not once but twice.

Nolan | Empire magazine Interview

Empire magazine recently sat down with Dark Knight director Christopher Nolan to get an answer to this question once and for all, and in turn, Nolan made the fate of the Joker's role in future Bat-film installments crystal clear: "No," said Nolan, with Empire noting a visible discomfort to the question before the Inception director added, "I just don't feel comfortable talking about it."

Nolan: | Inception Premier

"For me, Heath was the definitive Joker. It wouldn't feel appropriate to readdress that character."

Let it go. The Joker won't be in the next one. Be nice to see another villain in Nolan's world.

i think it's a disgrace to not even have some form of the joker in the next movie. oh well... i wasn't a big fan of the nolan batmans anyways.

i think it's a disgrace to not even have some form of the joker in the next movie. oh well... i wasn't a big fan of the nolan batmans anyways.

there might be a mention of the Joker that could very well happen

lol... why is it a disgrace? it's not like it was a cliffhanger.

It would be a disgrace to recast him. Not to mention not even Levett would want to follow in his foot steps. Heath set the bar dangerously high. Nolan won't recast him, and most actors probably wouldn't wanna replace him. We'll see other versions of the Joker sure, but not the same character from Nolan's world. Like Rappy said, I'm sure they will mention him, but that'll be it.

Regarding casting, Levett would be great as Riddler, hope he gets it. On the same note, I hope there are more villains. They don't have to be major, but just more characters from the Batman universe to run into. I've wanted to Nolan do Penguin since the first one. I wonder why they registered that domain too. Why would Bruce Wayne disappear? It was Batman on the run. He could have just hung his cape up, didn't have to go into hiding, kinda obvious if both of them go missing :laugh:

Speaking of following in one's foot steps. The next director to helm a Batman flick is going to have one hell of a hard time. I would be surprised if there were references to Superman in Batman 3. While Warner obviously wants to pursue a Justice League, and release everything in 3D. Nolan has incredible leverage, if he says no, they will abide. Nolan said many times he likes to think of the characters (batman and superman) as in their own world. Completely disconnected from the others. Although with his brother doing the screenplay and directing Superman he might try and slip some references in :)

I really they don't try to fill it with lots of villans, I mean 2 or more is, imo, not good. They did a well enough job of working two-face into what Joker was doing, but the key there was that it always stayed as more of a subplot and never fought with the joker side/story. I haven't been keeping up with news and i didn't go through all 16 pages of this thread so maybe this info is out there, but whoever the next badguy(s) are I just hope the story doesn't turn out like the older movies.

• 3 weeks later...

I really they don't try to fill it with lots of villans, I mean 2 or more is, imo, not good. They did a well enough job of working two-face into what Joker was doing, but the key there was that it always stayed as more of a subplot and never fought with the joker side/story.

Both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight had 2 villains. Most likely it'll be the same for the last movie too.

at least bring back two face, he didn't have enough screen time IMO.

It's been confirmed multiple times that Two-Face is dead. He won't be back.

Personally I would like to see Bane come and hurt batman bad as he was ment to. Not in the pos one that Tim Burton tried to incorporate. But the strong intelligent one in Knightfall (where he breaks batmans back and many thought would be the last of bruce wayne as batman, that comic book soared in price after its release, then dropped when bruce wayne put on the batman suit again). Awesome story, IMO.

Personally I would like to see Bane come and hurt batman bad as he was ment to. Not in the pos one that Tim Burton tried to incorporate. But the strong intelligent one in Knightfall (where he breaks batmans back and many thought would be the last of bruce wayne as batman, that comic book soared in price after its release, then dropped when bruce wayne put on the batman suit again). Awesome story, IMO.

That was Joel Schumacher. Tim Burton only did the first two (Batman and Batman Returns)

It'll only be a surprise if he can bring Ledger back from the dead to reprise the role.

• 1 month later...