Dark Knight Sequel

He's not coming back. Watching the video made me sure of it. People are really digging for this confirmation, and when they get a comment that almost completely refuses any confirmation, they say "MAYBE THEY CONFIRMED IT?!?!?!?!"

He's not coming back. Watching the video made me sure of it. People are really digging for this confirmation, and when they get a comment that almost completely refuses any confirmation, they say "MAYBE THEY CONFIRMED IT?!?!?!?!"

Yeah the bit I posted said on the script his neck was broke, I think people just hope he can return one day.

Yeah the bit I posted said on the script his neck was broke, I think people just hope he can return one day.

Since when does a broken neck imply automatic death? lol

;)

The guy on /Film talked about a plot revolving around the idea of him being on life support. I wouldn't mind that. Not being a main villain but being part of the story, whether they take him off life support or not. Since he turned bad, you'd want to take him off, but the lie they told everyone makes him a hero, so they'd want to keep him alive. Whatever they do, keep the Joker out of it. As much as I loved the character in the Nolanverse, I don't want to see another actor playing him, it'd ruin the entire performance no matter how good they were. IMO at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Next Batman Coming 2011?

New Jersey's Courier-Post talked to Batman Begins and The Dark Knight executive producer Michael Uslan, who expects the third installment of the Christopher Nolan-directed films, starring Christian Bale, to hit theaters in 2011:

Uslan will be onboard as executive producer for the "Dark Knight" sequel, which he estimates will be theaters by 2011. As for the identity of the next round of Batman's supervillains and love interests, Uslan remains tight-lipped. "It's one of those deals where if I told you, I'd have to kill you," he says with a chuckle.

In related news, while The Dark Knight did not receive the Producer of the Year Award at the Producers Guild of America Awards on Saturday (it went to Slumdog Millionaire), the movie did receive awards at the Screen Actors Guild Awards on Sunday - Heath Ledger won for Best Supporting Actor and The Dark Knight also won Outstanding Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Motion Picture.

• 2 months later...

x3x16a1f2c2b9166a080dacee6997d3a2c7.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Nicolas Cage ?Would Love To Play A Supervillain? In ?Batman 3?

Nicolas Cage has played a lot of heroes in his varied film carrier. From doctors to detectives to demons, the 45-year-old actor knows a thing or two about fighting for the common good, especially given his roles in comic films ?Ghost Rider? and the upcoming ?Kick-Ass.?

MTV News wanted to find out if the ?Knowing? star would be interested in lending his talents to a decidedly darker kind of character ? namely, a costumed villain in Christopher Nolan?s Batman franchise.

?I would love to play a supervillain. I think that would be a whole lot of fun,? Cage told MTV News, welcoming an invite to take on the Batman. ?Yeah. If they call and invite me, I?d do it. Certainly.?

With his enthusiasm revealed, MTV News asked Cage if there?s a specific villain he?d like to play. There are plenty of antagonists to choose from, many of whom might benefit from Cage?s experience playing criminals. While the colorful Ra?s Al Ghul, Scarecrow, Two-Face and The Joker have already been claimed in ?Batman Begins? and ?The Dark Knight,? Cage acknowledged Nolan?s previous Bat foes and liked the thought of joining their ranks.

?There have been so many good ones already,? said Cage, ?It?s a good idea.?

no.

no.

Sums it all up.

Scirwode

• 1 month later...
Our friends at Total Film were able to corner Christian Bale about the prospects of a Dark Knight sequel, and the Batman star insists that ?it?s got to be the right story?. When I talked with Bale last July if he would return for another one, he answered that he couldn?t ?imagine doing this without Chris [Nolan],? and that he doesn?t ?even want to consider? doing another film without Nolan.

It appears that Bale?s Lawyers have since explained that he has a contract because the Dark Knight star now admits to Total Film that ?The fact is, I have to! I?ve signed up! Chris doesn?t. So I?m in a bit of a fix if he says he doesn?t want to!? I think everyone expects for Nolan to do another Batman sequel after he finishes work on Inception, but Chris has still not committed to a third film, and I?m surprised at just how patiently Warner Bros is being with their big comic book franchise.

(I want to clarify my last statement. I think that Chris Nolan is required to make a third Batman film. I have a lot of respect for Warner Bros giving him ?his time.? Other studios would be pushy, wanting to go right into production on another one. As they say in the business world, you have to strike while the iron is hot. And the fact that WB is patiently waiting on Nolan show that they ?get it?.)

Source

Yea I read that in his Terminator interview. Glad to hear he'll be back regardless but I have reason to believe Nolan won't be back. Completing a trilogy then he'll move on to other films. It's nice that Warner isn't stupid let's him do his other movies in between. Not only does it increase the chances of him returning but it helps with his creativity, everyone needs something different to keep them fresh. If only more studios did this and didn't rush movies into production. Sony I'm looking at you!

Not to mention there's no real need for another Batman so soon, look how much it's made so far. Plus they already have a massive blockbuster set for this year with Terminator Salvation coming out in less than a month. I look at movies like making a turkey dinner, the longer you take the better it tastes. Sure you could rush it and cook it in 1/4 of the time, but it'll probably taste like **** :)

• 1 month later...
You know who might be a GREAT Harley Quinn?

Amy Adams! :)

Can Dance!

Can Sing!

Can ACT!!! :D

Put the obsession down and go to a bar and get laid.

Can Dance!

Can Sing!

Can ACT!!! :D

I doubt they would have a Harley Quinn without the Joker but heh who knows.

Johnny Depp would be an amazing joker. The guy knows how to act, he has that crazy line and would be amazing. I even think he would be better then Ledger. I wasn't that impressed with Ledger's performance to be honest. I'm definitely sorry that he died but I really couldn't see anything special about the performance beside the fact that people were hyping it up because of this unfortunate death.

They'll just give him an oscar out of respect and the life goes on.

Johnny Depp would be an amazing joker. The guy knows how to act, he has that crazy line and would be amazing. I even think he would be better then Ledger. I wasn't that impressed with Ledger's performance to be honest. I'm definitely sorry that he died but I really couldn't see anything special about the performance beside the fact that people were hyping it up because of this unfortunate death.

They'll just give him an oscar out of respect and the life goes on.

Personally i loved Heath's joker, i think it was a stunning performance. I also think with the wealth of villians in the batman universe that they don't have to retread that ground. Why do use Depp in the role of the riddler.

<<snip>>

I have a lot of respect for Warner Bros giving him ?his time.? Other studios would be pushy, wanting to go right into production on another one.

Thats only because they learnt their lesson after Vinnie Chase and Aquaman:). :)

I'd say Philip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin, a businessman/armsdealer. Someone who not only puts Batman in his place, but Bruce as well. I think that's probably the only thing that has been missing from the Nolan films, a solid focus on Bruce Wayne.

As for a secondary villain, if there is one, Talia Al Ghul. It works especially well since they pretty much got rid of Rachel Dawes. Not sure about the casting, but she's obviously got to be able to pull off raven black hair.

I'll take your Amy Adams and raise you:

fairuza-balk-picture-1.jpgfairuza-balk-picture-2.jpg

Faruza Balk for Harley Quinn.

I'd say Philip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin, a businessman/armsdealer. Someone who not only puts Batman in his place, but Bruce as well.

You could be on to something there! I thought Hoffman was great as the badguy in MI3!

I don't want to see Harley Quinn without the Joker. I think Talia Al Ghul would be a better pick like Jiggah said. Her character would already be somewhat established in the nolan-verse. Hoffman as Penguin would be nice, I think he even commented on the rumor of him being in it awhile back. Can't remember if he said he'd like to do it or not.