Dark Knight Sequel

Oh god... I hope not.

I hope Nolan has more sense than to do this.

well i hate to break it to you but that's whats gonna happen. dc wants the justice league on film and they want nolan to helm it. the reason being atm marvel is kicking dc's a** with all the superhero flicks and the upcoming avengers movie.

well i hate to break it to you but that's whats gonna happen. dc wants the justice league on film and they want nolan to helm it. the reason being atm marvel is kicking dc's a** with all the superhero flicks and the upcoming avengers movie.

Oh well...

Though I can't see Nolan having any interest in any kind of goofy superhero mash-up.

I have to disagree, Freeman and Michael Caine also pulled through.

On the third installment, Nolan Could seriously screw up and then send all the reboot to hell. The way I think it is going down is:

Nolan's Superman ( With many batman links)

Nolans 3rd Batman ( tied in with the links in superman)

Nolan's 4th Batman movie will be "Superman and Batman" or " Superman Vs batman", followed by the justice league.

Morgan Freeman is one of my favourites from the reboots. I love his character he really adds a lot to it. It always bugged me how Bruce and Alfred made all this crazy tech in the others. Morgan's character helps bridge the gap as to how he gets all the sweet gadgets. Caine is also a fantastic Alfred.

As for the sequels, I seriously doubt Nolan will be doing a 4th Batman or Justice League or any kind of Superman/Batman movie. He doesn't seem like the guy who wants to only shoot a specific genre. I suspect he will do the 3rd Batman and that call it quits on the comic book movies. The only way I see him doing more is to guarantee he can make some of the more experimental pictures he wants. Warner Bros. will green light anything he wants to do at this point as long as he comes back for another Batman. Its a shame really because he's great at it but I can understand not wanting to keep doing them. I feel sorry for whoever shoots the next Batman after Nolan, he has big shoes to fill. I'd be lying though if I said I wouldn't love to see Nolan spill some of his cinematic magic into other superheroes. Superman obviously but Spidey could use some of that too.

• 2 weeks later...
Riddler-Posterupdate3.jpg

Christopher Nolan is coming back to do to a sequel to The Dark Knight and make his Batman series a trilogy. That’s good news, because there’s at least one villain left who is tailor made for Nolan’s style — the Riddler. Gary Oldman has even hinted that the Riddler will be the baddie in the third installment. If Nolan was born to bring a Zodiac-style Riddler to the screen, Michael C. Hall was born to play that character. Anyone who’s seen his work as the titular character on Dexter knows that.

Imagine this scenario: Commissioner Gordan and the rest of Gotham City’s finest continue to hunt public enemy No. 1 — the Dark Knight himself. If that wasn’t enough for the Caped Crusader to handle, he also has a new archenemy — the Riddler. While the Joker thrived in the spotlight, the Riddler lurks in the shadows. If the Joker was a dog chasing cars, the Riddler is something more camouflaged, more cannibalistic. He’s the praying mantis.

A casting choice that fits like a glove.

Speaking of Dexter, picture the Ice Truck Killer meets Alex from A Clockwork Orange. Batman would have to track down this ghost of killer while he’s on the run from the law. Picture a room wrapped in plastic with Alfred on the table. How do you defeat the smartest, most-sociopathic opponent you’ve faced with one arm tied behind your back? Even Batman would have a tough time solving that riddle.

Hall is a brilliant actor who’s mastered the nuanced art of acting clever, crazy and calm simultaneously. A serene serial killer seems like an oxymoron, but Hall has been pulling it off for four seasons on Showtime. If there is one actor who can take where Heath Ledger left off and up the ante, it’s Golden Globe winner Hall. Additionally, he’s got a great sense of comedic timing. There isn’t much that could possibly be more difficult acting-wise than making an audience chuckle while playing a serial killer, but Hall does just that and does it routinely.

hallriddler.jpg

I’m clearly not the first person to think this as there is actually a Michael C. Hall as the Riddler in Nolan’s Batman Facebook page. That’s proof that Batman fans would get behind this casting choice. He sure the hell beats David Tennant. That guy is better suited to play Bilbo Baggins.

Hall is the Riddler. No different than how American Psycho served as Christian Bale’s Batman audition, Hall has been auditioning for this role for years as the star of Dexter. Christopher Nolan, there’s one sure-fire way to keep the momentum of The Dark Knight going. As you gear up for Batman 3, cast Michael C. Hall as the Riddler.

- I never thought about our buddy Dexter playing the role. I think it could work though!

Also how about Trent Reznor playing the role? Just a idea.

he could be good, I haven't heard much about his cancer treatment lately...hope its going well!

He must be doing okay (he states the cancer is in remission), because he's getting ready to start filming East Fifth Bliss and then of course, after that, they start filming the new season of Dexter. Depending on when Nolan gets to Batman 3, Hall may be available for it (that is if Nolan doesn't start filming until late this year, 1H11).

I had never thought about Hall being the The Riddler either, but I agree that he'd be perfect for it. Complete opposite of the direction Jim Carrey went in.

Not to get to far off topic, but if he is still doing treatment for his cancer when they start filming the next season of Dexter, I wonder if he'll wear a wig or something? During his Golden Globe Award speech, he was wearing a cap, so he's lost most if not all of his hair already. Wouldn't a bald Dexter be even more creepy and menacing?

I have to admit, I don't entirely see David Tennant as the Riddler, then again, DT is an awesome actor and I'd definitely be confident with him being the Riddler.

But yeah, Hall would also be really good. But DT would over my post-Doctor Who withdrawal symptoms!

He doesn't seem like the guy who wants to only shoot a specific genre.

Really? Not to sound trollish, but he is involved in another super-hero genre called SUPERMAN :p wait no it's not, it's called "Man of Steel"... Although I do agree with you, maybe he won't go into justice leave dc/marvel universe, but he will probably leave the base for it to happen. It's just the way it seems to be going.

On topic, I don't think we will see the riddler per se, as the riddler IIRC was obsessed with bruce wayne, they already went that way with Joker and going the "dark evil" caracter road is going to be tough. I fancy the idea of riddler ala Dexter and he certainly fills the role! Trent Reznor for some idea, Also "feels" about right too :s :|

I know there's no way for this to happen, but I would absolutely love it if the third Nolan batman movie would be called Arkham Asylum and would be a phycholigical thriller similar to the graphic novel A Serious House on Serious Earth. With the popularity of the video game last year and Shutter Island this year, I really think something like this would work.

- I never thought about our buddy Dexter playing the role. I think it could work though!

Never really watched Dexter, just the one episode. Anyway I'm sure he *could* do it but the problem could also be that he's become known for his role as Dexter so moving from that to another psycho role not only to me is too easy or obvious a cast but for better or worse could draw too many comparisons to his other role.

For me at least Ledger was a bit of an odd cast at first given I think he'd just come off the very different broke back mountain and before that things like Knights Tale. As such his take on the role was rather interesting and possibly unexpected. I'd hate for them to cast Dexter and then for audiences to get the same character they have already seen on the small screen.

Never really watched Dexter, just the one episode. Anyway I'm sure he *could* do it but the problem could also be that he's become known for his role as Dexter so moving from that to another psycho role not only to me is too easy or obvious a cast but for better or worse could draw too many comparisons to his other role.

For me at least Ledger was a bit of an odd cast at first given I think he'd just come off the very different broke back mountain and before that things like Knights Tale. As such his take on the role was rather interesting and possibly unexpected. I'd hate for them to cast Dexter and then for audiences to get the same character they have already seen on the small screen.

I agree entirely. I think casting someone because they've done similar roles kind of kills it. I'd much rather see a capable yet unpredictable casting, or even an unknown actor take the part.

^ Dexter is a different character than Riddler would be. Dexter is more or less stable. He's not even borderline psychotic. He can play a friendly Dad or a vengeful killer. He almost never shows signs of a mental breakdown. Riddler would be similar to Dexter's killer self but even that side of Dexter isn't usually the focus of the character. Riddler would be much more psychotic, out to do harm and have fun while doing it. Michael C. Hall has never played a mentally unstable character, he'd be really good at it. Plus he has a great way to combine humour with fear. Now that its been mentioned I think I'd be let down if it was anyone but him now. While I couldn't help but see Dexter in him, he's a good actor, he can convince you he's someone else relatively easy.

I know there's no way for this to happen, but I would absolutely love it if the third Nolan batman movie would be called Arkham Asylum and would be a phycholigical thriller similar to the graphic novel A Serious House on Serious Earth. With the popularity of the video game last year and Shutter Island this year, I really think something like this would work.

That'd be really cool too, plus keep up this his theme of not calling the movies based off the title character. We only got a tease of Arkham Asylum. I think the problem with going there is thats where Joker is, and well he can't really reprise his role.

• 2 weeks later...

benjaminciaramello.jpg

Eagle-eyed fans noticed the other day that Benjamin Ciaramello, who played Santiago in Friday Night Lights, was listed as playing the Riddler on this film's IMDB page. We emailed Ciaramello, and asked if this bit of casting news was true. He wrote back to us:

Edward Nygma, Eddie Nashton, call me what you want. There is no other one but me.

Which sure sounds like a "Yes." Still, that listing has since been removed from IMDB, and we're left wondering if Ciaramello has the part, or is campaigning for the part. (Or he was just messing with us. He didn't respond to requests for clarification.)

Source

You almost have to go with a well-known actor. Michael C. Hall, Johnny Depp, and David Tennant, I believe, have the history to pull off portraying the Riddler...this Ben seems to be an unknown...