PS3 UK Special Offers and Deals

Would a DualShock 3 bought in the US work on a UK PS3? I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't.

Yes it will, all use the same bluetooth standard.

So Zavvi & The Hut have added Splinter Cell Collection HD and Prince of Persia HD Collection to their stores now too. Both for ?25 with a release date in November.

Maybe it's their exchange for SCC on the 360..

Would a DualShock 3 bought in the US work on a UK PS3? I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't.

Like AbandonedTrolley already said, it'll work fine! :) I imported a DS3 from Canada (same time GTA IV came out) before they were released over here and it's working fine.

Anyone know any good, nationwide console bundle deals - 120GB or 250GB - I don't mind if there's a good deal. Asda seem to be winning out but just want to hear if anyone knows any really good deals. Got the cash waiting since selling my Xbox 360 :)

Might I take a guess it's due to GT5?

If so you might be interested in this. Certainly not the cheapest deal around but just posting in case you wanted the game.

I posted that right above him :p

No no.. not due to GT5. Just all of my friends have bought PS3's and I was hanging on in there with an Xbox - decided I'd had enough and was a good excuse to consolidate a console and standalone bluray player (BDP-S550) into just one console :)

GT5 is a convenient bonus though :)

Best deal so far seems to be Asda who are doing the 120GB slim and choice of one title from a few reasonable games at ?245. Though the deal posted on the previous page of the Asda deal looks excellent.. will be heading to a local Asda in the next night or two to see what's what :)

Cool - thanks for hunting those out mate :) I'll keep hunting too over the next day or so.. if I turn anything good up, I'll share it.

Yeah prices might come down in a bit, 160GB is replacing 120GB, probably be left over 120GB stock nearer the middle of next month.

The Asda deal on the last page was for fatties lol. I'd recommend a Slim though Chicane.

If you don't mind using Quidco, you could get a 250GB from Tesco for ?195.

Use Quidco for 8% off and then Tesco's voucher for another 15%: FTSL15-1

Good find!!

Just borrow some games from your mates to start with :p

Good find!!

Just borrow some games from your mates to start with :p

Doesn't seem you can use the FTSL15-1 code for ordering a console. Tesco Entertainment only sell media, not consoles, and that code only works on Tesco Entertainment. Just tried it on Tesco Direct - no dice :(

Having done a bit of shopping round the prices are not only REALLY fixed in virtually every store, there seems to be a shortage of 250GB consoles.. Sony have obviously been draining the supply of these ready to release the 320GB. Not a big deal - I'm only after the 120GB anyway but interesting to note.

Tried Blockbuster and Sainsburys near me at lunch time - Blockbuster the 120GB was 229.99 with 1 months free rentals (woopee). Sainsburys was 229.99 for the console or 249.99 with either Blur or Toy Story 3. My intention was to get Toy Story 3 then go p/x it in at Blockbuster but they had no copies left, wouldn't offer me an alternative title and I didn't really want Blur so I walked away.

Asda seemed to have good deals on when I looked on the weekend so I guess I'll have to go to them!

Ended up going to my local Sainsburys on the way in to work, who could do the PS3 120GB + Toy Story 3 bundle. Whilst waiting for them to bring the console I saw Arkham Asylum for ?12 so I bagged that.. and then at the checkout the lady said my Nectar card had ?20 on it which I could use if I wanted.. so got PS3 120GB + Toy Story 3 + Arkham Asylum for ?241. All worked out well in the end. Now going to be a LONG day before I can get home and fire it up :(

Ended up going to my local Sainsburys on the way in to work, who could do the PS3 120GB + Toy Story 3 bundle. Whilst waiting for them to bring the console I saw Arkham Asylum for ?12 so I bagged that.. and then at the checkout the lady said my Nectar card had ?20 on it which I could use if I wanted.. so got PS3 120GB + Toy Story 3 + Arkham Asylum for ?241. All worked out well in the end. Now going to be a LONG day before I can get home and fire it up :(

Nice deal, my mum likes to save up nectar points and buy games from sainsburys, then trades them into game to buy others, lol.

Only recently got round to playing batman, was awesome, I hear toy story is surpringly good fun too, don't forget to make a free psn account and give us your name.

Anyone know the cheapest place to buy a DUALSHOCK 3 controller? I looked around on Cheap Arse Gamer, and Frugal Gaming, but no luck there.

I just got an email from AxelMusic, and they're doing them in 5 different colours all for ?29.20 each + ?2.67 shipping, so ?31.87.

There's Ceramic White, Black, Deep Red, Metallic Blue, and Satin Silver. I'm tempted to get the Metallic Blue one, but is anyone selling them cheaper? It doesn't have to be that colour, any one will do.