The Avengers (may contain spoilers!)

Oh bum :(

From Superherohype

Edward Norton will not be reprising his role as Dr. Bruce Banner, reports HitFix, who say that Marvel Studios plan to cast an unknown in the part.

The report theorizes that a deal could not be made, despite Edward Norton wanting to join the ensemble cast that will include Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man, Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Chris Hemsworth as Thor and Chris Evans as Captain America.

Marvel Studios is planning a May 4, 2012 release for The Avengers.

Hopefully it's just a negotiating tactic - but Disney/Marvel had better back down, 3 Bruce Banners in 3 films does not inspire confidence!

Oh bum :(

From Superherohype

Hopefully it's just a negotiating tactic - but Disney/Marvel had better back down, 3 Bruce Banners in 3 films does not inspire confidence!

boooooooooo if he was WANTING to join the cast, he would've taken the first deal.

From HitFix

"We have made the decision to not bring Ed Norton back to portray the title role of Bruce Banner in the Avengers. Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members. The Avengers demands players who thrive working as part of an ensemble, as evidenced by Robert, Chris H, Chris E, Sam, Scarlett, and all of our talented casts. We are looking to announce a name actor who fulfills these requirements, and is passionate about the iconic role in the coming weeks."

Maybe the negotiation isn't about cash, but more about making sure Norton stays on a tight leash. Doesn't sound good though.

I like Norton as an actor, but from the things I've heard, he's a control freak. Just let the studio/director/writer do their job. All you have to do is act. Is that so hard? Geez!

Apparently Norton wants to be the star of the show and Disney/Marvel are looking for team players.

That's not what it is at all. Norton always wants to have some input on his movies. It has nothing to do with being the star.

Strange that after making out that Norton was such a problem in TIH that they call him in for a few meetings and arrange a nice chat with the director. If he was THAT bad why would they ask him back in the first place?

To be honest the stuff that Norton was wanting more of in TIH was exactly the stuff that it needed - whizz bang action is great but without a story to pin it on it becomes Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen! ;)

Now this is a bummer. Not a big fan of Marvel/Avengers in the first place, but I was looking forward to seeing Ed Norton as The Hulk once again. Lame.

rroad2.jpg

Briefly: OK, this is news I can really get behind. If you?ve got to replace Edward Norton in a role, you can just get anyone off the street. But it looks like Marvel has sights set high, and not on Joaquin Phoenix.

Deadline reports is that Mark Ruffalo is in ?late stage talks? to be the new Bruce Banner and Incredible Hulk in The Avengers. That?s all the info we?ve got right now, but I love the idea. I?ve enjoyed Ruffalo?s work for a long time, and while his basic mode is pretty much the polar opposite of The Avengers, I think he could be great fun. Think of his performance in The Brothers Bloom modulated by his serious but pulpy work in Shutter Island. Yeah, this may do nicely. More details as they come in.

Read more: /Film | Blogging the Reel World http://www.slashfilm.com/#ixzz0tgPpAxsd

Not feeling him.

Why not bring back Eric Bana? Seriously.

you cannot be serious right? bana was horrible as banner. im really ticked at marvel for not bringing back norton but mark is a good choice. he was also great in shutter island. BUT i still may wait for a dvd release of this movie.

Not feeling him.

Why not bring back Eric Bana? Seriously.

I liked Ang Lee's Hulk but then I also like latest Hulk :rofl:

you cannot be serious right? bana was horrible as banner. im really ticked at marvel for not bringing back norton but mark is a good choice. he was also great in shutter island. BUT i still may wait for a dvd release of this movie.

Yes, I thought he was quite good TBH. I like Norton, but he didn't look like BB.

412950510.jpg

David Tennant is the latest actor to be rumoured for the role of the Incredible Hulk in Marvel's Avengers movie, reports the Los Angeles Times.

The ex-Doctor Who star has been linked to the superhero role recently vacated by Edward Norton along with Predators actor Adrien Brody and Serenity's Nathan Fillion.

Recent online rumours surfaced claiming that Joaqun Phoenix had been offered the role of Bruce Banner in the ensemble blockbuster.

Marvel insiders have said that a "name" replacement for Norton will be announced at Comic-Con or earlier.

The Joss Whedon-directed Avengers will bow in cinemas in May 2012.

Im putting money on it being Nathan Fillion.

David Tennant is just too scrawny to be the hulk...

he's getting rumoured for everything atm :rofl: he was at once the front runner for cappy until Marvel went cluster**** and hired Chris Evans then he was rumoured as Antman and now this!

also, he's gonna be a Hulk with a English accent. :laugh:

haha true but come on, Nathan is a better actor and more suited to the role then David Tennant surely!

haha true but come on, Nathan is a better actor and more suited to the role then David Tennant surely!

I like 'em both.. lol. I don't really care who gets the role.. as long as it's either one of 'em.

An audience member asked Whedon about how he would blend his writing style with the established tone of The Avengers. He started with a joke answer-- "They're all going to sound like me! No problem!"-- but went into a pretty elegant explanation of the skills he'd bring to the project:

The fact is the first job I had outside of television was a script doctor, and what you have to do in that situation is blend in. A lot of the way that I speak and write comes from reading these comics. I think it's very, very easy to fall into the aesthetic of something that you love. Obviously I'm going to bring some of myself to it. I'm an artist who wishes to create something that comes from within, but at the same time, yes they have an established tone, I'm going to be respectful of that. I'm culling things from all these different movies, I have to blend all of that. Ultimately that would result ins something unique anyway. That doesn't seem like a challenge to me at all. When I write Tony Stark or Steve Rogers, they sound like them. Particularly because I already know who's playing them.