Metal Gear 2:Substance for PC?

man...doesn't make sense why Hideo Kojima would have this game coded so badly! I would expect a game like this to run like silk on any card above a geforce 3..I mean, I played the PS2 version when it first came out (and boy was I impressed by it in 2000!!), and the textures are really low and the levels do not have many polygons. The characters have a lot though..

about the controls, can't you configure them to work with a gamepad or joystick? Man, a game like this COULD have been awesome on a pc...

has anyone with an nforce chip played it? the audio has got extreme static in it!! only way to get rid of it is to turn down the accleration.

i agree its a bad port, i completed it on my ps2 (awesome game, alltime best game for me) the graphics are better on the pc, but then it seriously needs a frame limiter!! the game is just not the same as ps2, you NEED analogue controls!!!

Edited by nFHQ|MaTrIx

• 3 weeks later...

ahhh damn u need a dvd rom, but wat ive heard u can make a backup copy of it by making an iso of it, like a 8gb iso, then use winrar to make 650mb parts and burn on cdr's not possilbe to install off cdr's but u can exract the game back on ur HD and install, not bad i might try it since i have it, but yet cbf making parts of it :)

ahhh damn u need a dvd rom, but wat ive heard u can make a backup copy of it by making an iso of it, like a 8gb iso, then use winrar to make 650mb parts and burn on cdr's not possilbe to install off cdr's but u can exract the game back on ur HD and install, not bad i might try it since i have it, but yet cbf making parts of it :)

Yes, that is possible, a lot of people without DVD ROMs are doing it that way, just that it'll be a little annoying ;)

Konami's workking on a big patch for the game- lookie at their website. They are also going to make the damn thing work on ATi cards. They originally designed it to work for nvidia only...