Metal Gear 2:Substance pictures

Played on PS2... the movies are the best... so realistic and wow are they LONG. I bet over 2 hours of movies in that game! great great

The first Metal Gear for PSX has almost two hours of movies... :p

hmz... maybe the user opted to turn it off?

u guys are forgettin *most pc games are adjustable ... gfx / resolution sound wise...

unlike consoles where there's 1 standard...

btw lookin at those pics... gotta say ps2 looks more refined... but wont b able to accurately judge for myself until i get a copy of the pc ver...

No shadows, hmmm... maybe cause PC can't handle something so simple? :yawn:

that bullsh**... can't handle shadows..pffft. Have you ever thought that any of the graphical definciencies could be the direct fault of the developers? NOLF2 has better textures and runs like silk on lower end pcs because the developers took the time to properly code the thing. The developers of MGS substance were so lazy that they also did not even bother to code it to work with ATi's 9700s! You gonna blame the card or the programmers? Those pics look the same as PS2 and it's a shame that the developers didn't increase the texture resolution but just ported the thing... Hitman2 is the ONLY well coded port I have seen to date..

Uhh unless i'm mistaken Hitman 2 isn't a port, it was in development for PC as well as consoles at the same time wasn't it?

really? well if it is, then I guess I haven't seen a properly coded pert ever.. :p

here is an example of a well coded game with tons of characters moving at the same time with 4x antialiasing on and running at crazy framerates. Try to run a game like this with the textures this high rez at 1280 x 1024 with 4x antialiasing on a console...

/edit- God I wish MGS was a pc game first...

post-78-1048963575.jpg

really? well if it is, then I guess I haven't seen a properly coded pert ever.. :p

one good ported game would have to be RalliSport Challenge.

true dat. true dat. But remember Microsoft made it and that's why it's compatible with all pc hardware... Rallisport does look awesome on pc.. I always run it at 1280 with 4x antialiasing and it runs like butter...

true dat. true dat. But remember Microsoft made it and that's why it's compatible with all pc hardware... Rallisport does look awesome on pc.. I always run it at 1280 with 4x antialiasing and it runs like butter...

microsoft didn't made it !!!!!!!!!!!

it was made by DICE, the same people that made Battlefield 1942, STCC series, and more.

microsoft didn't made it !!!!!!!!!!!

it was made by DICE, the same people that made Battlefield 1942, STCC series, and more.

ok- I just assumed it was cuz it says microsoft games at the beginning of the logo screens... :rofl:

Generally any xbox game ported to the pc so far has worked out very well (moto gp, gun metal)

Oh, and hitman 2 is a port, it was made for the PS2, then ported to the other systems, that's the main reason you don't get the bullet holes anymore etc...