Command & Conquer:Generals

:laugh: running a game like UT2k3 on a 500 mhz machine is laughable at best. thats not really playing the game just watching a bunch of low res models running around on screen. Im glad they're upping the required hardware for games. its time to move out of the mhz and into the ghz. i want something that was built for the high end in mind instead of crap machines. if you truly love games then youll spend what you need to, to play them properly.

Not if that machine has a new nVidia or ATI card and 1 gig of RAM :rolleyes:

Not if that machine has a new nVidia or ATI card and 1 gig of RAM :rolleyes:

:pinch: WTF are you talking about? you think a new ATI or Nvidia card working on a PIII mobo will fix the problems w/ a 500 mhz POS? :rolleyes: :woot: w/ what a gig of pc 100 RAM????? :laugh: get educated. ever hear of a bottleneck?

To learn something new click here

What I don't like about this game, and RA2, is that the buildings do not seem to belong to the terrain. I mean, look at the earlier CNC games, like RA1, Dune 2000 (yeh ok that's not really CNC), Tiberian Dawn etc. The buildings seem to belong to the ground, mainly because of the trace of dirt around it or in front. However in RA2, and CNCG, this minor detail annoyed me quite a bit (especially in RA2). Look at the buildings, they just seem to stand there, no relation to the ground, it looks like the terrain is not part of the game any more, a bit like another dimension imho. :|

:pinch: WTF are you talking about? you think a new ATI or Nvidia card working on a PIII mobo will fix the problems w/ a 500 mhz POS?  :rolleyes:  :woot: w/ what a gig of pc 100 RAM?????  :laugh: get educated. ever hear of a bottleneck?

To learn something new click here

Dude, it's called sarcasm. Look at the " :rolleyes: ". Oh well, I'm not going to get into this again with you.

Also, believe it or not, it would run games at a decent framrate. But, overall, it would be bad. I'll get you a book on sarcasm someday.

Dude, it's called sarcasm. Look at the " :rolleyes: ". Oh well, I'm not going to get into this again with you.

Also, believe it or not, it would run games at a decent framrate. But, overall, it would be bad. I'll get you a book on sarcasm someday.

sure wasnt worded like it was sarcasm to me. i saw it as you trying to take another stab at me. but whatever didnt mean to insult you if you were just being sarcastic. make it a little clearer next time

sure wasnt worded like it was sarcasm to me. i saw it as you trying to take another stab at me. but whatever didnt mean to insult you if you were just being sarcastic. make it a little clearer next time

Alrighty

i have an NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 64Mb. will this run Generals? i downloaded it last night, and after installing it, the start menu took a while to load up. my roommate said that it is becuase the person who ripped the game totally screwed it up.

your opinions?

username

so who won?

I won man with USA after rebuilding my barracks and particle cannon 2 times, and countless power plants, and surviving 4 scud storms... I outlasted them... this game gets you emotionally involved

Okay the programming on this game sucks Arse.

First the problem I have is stated in a prior message, the mouse is mapped all wrong on the main menu screen. I had to reinstall the game, and EA wants me to close every application when I run the game. (I am in XP SP1)

SO I uninstalled, etc. and reinstalled.

SO guess what now . . . I can move the mouse, but I cannot select any of the menu selections! Why do I have to trudge through that stupid video of world leaders mouths, and the fake little battle?

Why cant programmers just make on easy non-flash enabled menu screen? This is really ****ing me off.

oh my system specs?

AMD XP 2400+

512 megs RAM

like 120 gigs of total drive space

nVidia GeForce 4 ti 4200

SB Audigy

Sony DRU 500AX

more than enough power to run this stupid game

I almost have the same specs, execpt I use an ASUS A7N8X-DLX (using onboard sound, no Audigy), Radeon 8500 and 1 GB of RAM (rest is the same).

And yes, it's more than enough power to run the game. And I don't know what to say for the mouse issue (maybe something to do with hardware acceleration for the mouse or a vid driver issue). If I think of something more constructive, I'll let you know.

Just so you know, you can escape the world leaders using the ESC key (I think) and someone made a mod for it to eliminate the intro for good (forgot which site, just do a Google search for C&C Generals Mods and you should find it).

SO guess what now . . . I can move the mouse, but I cannot select any of the menu selections! Why do I have to trudge through that stupid video of world leaders mouths, and the fake little battle?

put in -quickstart on your shortcut so it looks like this

"C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command and Conquer Generals\generals.exe" -quickstart

this will skip the movie and battle

I rather have a game that requires me to have the best up to date hardware, makes me feel that were rolling with the times. And also that its going to be a nice ride playing the game. Makes me think my $50 were well spend to have a nice smooth 3D based game. But also having a really cool story line to it makes it even better...

*sigh* i have a 1.8ghz P4

512MB

20gb

32mb Vid

and the games runs slow as hell.. *sigh*, i need to get that up to date hard ware i was talking about..

any one out there tried Sim City 4? boy, that games sure does require some high input

any one out there tried Sim City 4? boy, that games sure does require some high input

i can still run generals decent at 1024 but some parts scud storm, nuclear plast get a little jerky... also the cut scene, but everything else it great

sim city 4 runs good till you city gets big, then its rediculous

also, we should start playing some games online here, do some direct connect

put in -quickstart on your shortcut so it looks like this

"C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command and Conquer Generals\generals.exe" -quickstart

this will skip the movie and battle

Thanks, that was annoying the hell out of me.

speaking of simcity4, does it finally support that online play, that supposed to be there when game first got released.

I was wondering, I don't like Single Player at all, I just want to get this to play the Multi. Are there a lot of people playing this online on that westwood service or whatever it is called?

only gripe is their NAT/Router issues. Can't play direct connect if you're behind a router, even if you use DMZ, force a port, etc...

EAP is too focused on balancing teams and not enough on their net code, because it sucks

i have an NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 64Mb. will this run Generals? i downloaded it last night, and after installing it, the start menu took a while to load up. my roommate said that it is becuase the person who ripped the game totally screwed it up.

your opinions?

up

i can play Sim City 4000 with no problems.

I rather have a game that requires me to have the best up to date hardware, makes me feel that were rolling with the times. And also that its going to be a nice ride playing the game. Makes me think my $50 were well spend to have a nice smooth 3D based game. But also having a really cool story line to it makes it even better...

*sigh* i have a 1.8ghz P4

512MB

20gb

32mb Vid

and the games runs slow as hell.. *sigh*, i need to get that up to date hard ware i was talking about..

I have the same specs almost (see Signature)

i did have 32 mb Graphics and the game was barly playable.. just upgrade your graphics card to 64mb or even 128mb if you can afford it and it will run fine.. you have double the ram of me plus a faster processor and i can run the game on full graphics (FMV's are a big dodgy.. freezes a bit, but it works)

only gripe is their NAT/Router issues. Can't play direct connect if you're behind a router, even if you use DMZ, force a port, etc...

EAP is too focused on balancing teams and not enough on their net code, because it sucks

yeah, it wont let my put in my router IP... I wanted to play someone on direct connect too