76 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone know how to install Daemon Tools on Windows 7? The Scsi emulation driver keeps failing! or does anyone know any alternative ISO mount tools that I can use in Windows 7?

Posted

Never got it to install...just keeps asking me to reboot to complete the installation. (unlike in Vista, where you can install it after the reboot)

Posted

Well its obviously not built for Windows 7 maybe the driver doesn't have Windows 7 compatibility, tried running the setup in compatibility mode i havn't use Win 7 yet so i guess it has a Windows Vista compatibility mode? try that.

Posted

[quote name='superkid' post='590062674' date='Nov 3 2008, 01:07']Well its obviously not built for Windows 7 maybe the driver doesn't have Windows 7 compatibility, tried running the setup in compatibility mode i havn't use Win 7 yet so i guess it has a Windows Vista compatibility mode? try that.[/quote]
Tried that too. Doesn't work. :)

Posted

If you're running x86 (32bit) and want to mount up Images then just use
[url="http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html"]http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html[/url]

Works fine, just doesn't have the anti-copy-protection.

Posted

PowerISO seems to work too on x86 and x64, though it likes to suck up every last bit of ram you have when an image is mounted.

Posted

Any new alternatives here for image mounting?

Posted

[quote name='Settepotet' post='590134240' date='Nov 16 2008, 18:33']Any new alternatives here for image mounting?[/quote]

ISOdisk

Posted

magic iso has this free extension to it that works on vista x86 and x64.... so i am thinking it would also work on on windows 7.

Posted

[quote name='Ambroos' post='590062686' date='Nov 2 2008, 17:09']If you're running x86 (32bit) and want to mount up Images then just use
[url="http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html"]http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html[/url]

Works fine, just doesn't have the anti-copy-protection.[/quote]
Works fine in x64 aswell

Posted

How about Alcohol 52%? If you want to simulate AND burn CDs, get Alcohol 120%.

Posted

Virtual Clonedrive in x64 = confirmed :)

Posted

[url="http://www.ezbsystems.com/ultraiso/"]ultraiso [/url]

it work perfectly

unlike poweriso < it has memory leakage problem , really annoying keep eating memory till the system goes to crawl and almost freeze

Posted

[quote name='skynetXrules' post='590134510' date='Nov 16 2008, 19:38'][url="http://www.ezbsystems.com/ultraiso/"]ultraiso [/url]

it work perfectly

unlike poweriso < it has memory leakage problem , really annoying keep eating memory till the system goes to crawl and almost freeze[/quote]
Yea but that aint free like Virtual CloneDrive...

Posted

I can't seem to get virtual clonedrive to work, it installs but whenever I try and mount drives it just craps out. I look in device manager and they either have a ? or a yellow warning sign. What version are you using? I tried the latest beta and the latest stable release with the same results. I am however using one of those taskbar hacks so that might be causing issues.

Posted

[quote name='HSChronic' post='590186748' date='Nov 26 2008, 18:20']I can't seem to get virtual clonedrive to work, it installs but whenever I try and mount drives it just craps out. I look in device manager and they either have a ? or a yellow warning sign. What version are you using? I tried the latest beta and the latest stable release with the same results. I am however using one of those taskbar hacks so that might be causing issues.[/quote]

Works very well here, and I'm using taskbarhack

Posted

[quote name='Settepotet' post='590190106' date='Nov 27 2008, 09:19']Works very well here, and I'm using taskbarhack[/quote]
Or....you guys could all use a stable OS (Like Vista, or XP), rather than that copy of Windows 7 you torrented.

Posted

[quote name='Owenw' post='590193190' date='Nov 27 2008, 23:08']Or....you guys could all use a stable OS (Like Vista, or XP), rather than that copy of Windows 7 you torrented.[/quote]

Actually I didn't torrent my copy, so how about you stop trolling the forum saying the same f-ing thing all the time. It has been said before if you have nothing useful to add to the conversations then leave.

I just run Dtools in my x86 Vista VM which works good enough for now.

Posted

[quote name='HSChronic' post='590186748' date='Nov 27 2008, 05:20']I can't seem to get virtual clonedrive to work, it installs but whenever I try and mount drives it just craps out. I look in device manager and they either have a ? or a yellow warning sign. What version are you using? I tried the latest beta and the latest stable release with the same results. I am however using one of those taskbar hacks so that might be causing issues.[/quote]

When you boot up (just after bios) hit F8 and select that option near the bottom to ignore driver signing. My DVD drives didn't work until I told Windows 7 to allow unsigned drivers to load. It might help you in this situation too.

Posted

[quote name='Settepotet' post='590134240' date='Nov 16 2008, 09:33']Any new alternatives here for image mounting?[/quote]
PowerArchiver 2009

Posted

MagicDisk absolutely killed my system, explorer crashes all over the place and unable to see the contents of any folder!
Not that i was surprised, the perils of BETA lol

@Owenw: Mine is official too

Posted

UltraISO...works like a charm.

Posted

[quote name='Chipshop' post='590431730' date='Jan 16 2009, 11:38']MagicDisk absolutely killed my system, explorer crashes all over the place and unable to see the contents of any folder!
Not that i was surprised, the perils of BETA lol[/quote]

I had that problem with Virtual CloneDrive too - I don't understand why it works for everyone else :( Occured on multiple computers.

Posted

Apparently, the chinese have hacked a version of Daemon Tools that can be installed on Windows 7.

Posted

[quote name='JOHW' post='590433058' date='Jan 16 2009, 22:42']Apparently, the chinese have hacked a version of Daemon Tools that can be installed on Windows 7.[/quote]

:blink:

Power ISO,Magic ISO,Daemon Tools ..... have some or the other minor issues. Only Ultra ISO worked fine for me