Installing Daemon Tools on Windows 7

MagicISO Virtual Drive works for me.

No side-effects that I can see.

W7 7057

True, alot of people make clones of their purchased games...

Exactly....I run 2 VeliciRaptors in a RAID0 and like to run my PURCHASED games from the RAID0 instead of my cd/dvd drive. I am running Win_7 x64bit and I have tried almost all of the ones mentioned in this thread, and none of them were able to successfully mount an image of one of my games. VirtualClone and a few others work, but they cannot handle the game's copy protection like DaemonTools or Alcohol could (I used to run Alcohol52 to run my games.

However, what really sucks is that Punkbuster does not work with Win_7 either, so even when I try to play using my dvd, Punkbuster keeps kicking me from playing (2142 for the most part).

Anyone got a newer version that works with 7057 or have they not yet got it working for Win7?

There is none, Duplex Secure have said that they do not support Windows 7 beta, they'll release a updated SPTD when the OS is final.

Or....you guys could all use a stable OS (Like Vista, or XP), rather than that copy of Windows 7 you torrented.

We are running the beta witch is ok to run from microsoft. Your dumb.

The STPD virtual drive emulation driver doesn't appear to be 7 compatible yet, we will just have to wait till an updated version of STPD is released

Windows 7 support is work in progress, depending on the test results a beta driver may be released soon (NO ETA!).

That said 2 days ago the developer of SPTD For windows 7. I think soon we'll have Daemon Tools for Win7!

CloneDrive doesn't work for me, especially with my CDI images.

I am using UltraISO now and zero problems!

Edited by Jygoro

Or....you guys could all use a stable OS (Like Vista, or XP), rather than that copy of Windows 7 you torrented.

vista is considered stable? realistically the beta of windows 7 is what vista should have been.

vista is considered stable? realistically the beta of windows 7 is what vista should have been.

• 6 months later...

I downloaded the current version of MagicISO and under tools, it has a virtual drive add-on that can be downloaded and it has windows 7 functioning drivers...

I got Daemon Tools Lite to install and work correctly in Windows 7 after doing a google search on the issue.

Had to make a registry modification to uninstall all instances of SPTD then update to latest SPTD then install Daemon Tools again. Worked a Charm. Hope this helps. Hapy Computing :) ::Cheers::

On this related note, has the Daemon Tools page been down for.....some time now?

And just to confirm: Daemon Tools (the latest version) works on Windows 7.

But that's the paid version, right?

To get Daemon Tools to install and work on Windows 7 without screwing anything up, you need to install the newest version of the SPTD driver from DuplexSecure:

http://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads/

Get the appropriate version, install it, then reboot. Then you can install the newest version of Daemon Tools (it shouldn't try to install the SPTD driver again).

Also, to Shivek, that includes Daemon Tools lite. That's the version I'm using. Installing the newest SPTD driver from DuplexSecure should eliminate any previous issues with Daemon Tools on Windows 7.

I haven't read through all of the posts but Daemon tools works fine here.. running Windows 7 RTM x64 .. the box will pop up about compatibility issues but I just continue...

3997651645_7be341e452_o.png

Yep, as above, works here as well in Win 7 x64.

Windows 7 support was added in builds:

DAEMON Tools Pro version 4.35.0306

DAEMON Tools Lite Version 4.30.4

Edited by ManMountain

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know how to install Daemon Tools on Windows 7? The Scsi emulation driver keeps failing! or does anyone know any alternative ISO mount tools that I can use in Windows 7?

I tried a few times to install daemon tools on windows 7 without any luck.I had the same problem.Forget daemon tools it is just not compatable with win 7 even retail version.Daemon tools used to be free now they are charging for it.Just download a better virtual drive software.It is called MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-mag...sc-overview.htm .It works like a charm and totally free

I tried a few times to install daemon tools on windows 7 without any luck.I had the same problem.Forget daemon tools it is just not compatable with win 7 even retail version.Daemon tools used to be free now they are charging for it.

They've been selling versions for years, it's not new. The Lite version, however, is still free and contains everything most people want. It's also fully compatible with Windows 7 (because it has been updated since this thread was created over a year ago), despite what you claim. I am running it right now.

Virtual CloneDrive is another free alternative, although not as advanced as DT.

• 5 months later...

We are running the beta witch is ok to run from microsoft. Your dumb.

If you're going to call someone dumb, you should probably use the proper form of "you're" instead of "your" and also it isn't "witch" it is "which."